Er, come again ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fluorescent fanny on holiday ? :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Eh? Whose fanny?
Abbey Horne in her vomit inducing fluorescent frocks - I see she's been on again.

Also this forum is about as close as I get to soshal meeja, I don't 'do' Twatter, ar..e book, or poutagram (instagram).
I took the decision years ago when loads of meals were being photographed (????), then some were wondering why they were burgled - you posted you were on holiday you numbnuts !!!!!, and then I learned that once you put information and photographs onto Facebook they can never be erased. Twatter is full of trolls, political journalists and celebrities sending condolences / congratulations - send a card you idiots !!! and I just don't want to discuss Instagram.

Last edited:
Sorry, a long post 🙄

For selfish reasons I love this forum and read it a couple of times a day.

living alone and with quite severe depression I’ve found the lockdowns very difficult, as I’m sure lots of others have done.

having QVC on in the background, often wondering if my eyes or ears are deceiving me, I then turn to this forum to find that some of you have picked up on the same cringeworthy comments, blatant hard-sell or ridiculous items on sale.

thanks all !

PS I have mentioned before that I lost my beloved almost 22 year old cat in 2019 and haven’t yet committed to a new one.

well, our local Cats Protection branch is looking for fosterers which I think will suit me until I’m ready to take on the long term commitment. Wish me luck with my application !
I must warn you about fostering.
Fosteree will, without doubt end up in your bed, with her forever home, as did my wee madam.
She also had 'room service' meals (brought to her spot on the sofa,) when I was concerned she may not have 'settled,' (this started around day 3.) Can't believe I fell for this for about a week.

fluorescent fanny on holiday ? :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Eh? Whose fanny?
I hope you mean 'Who's fanny' but somehow, as it's you, I think you've spelled it correctly ;)

I must warn you about fostering.
Fosteree will, without doubt end up in your bed, with her forever home, as did my wee madam.
She also had 'room service' meals (brought to her spot on the sofa,) when I was concerned she may not have 'settled,' (this started around day 3.) Can't believe I fell for this for about a week.
You big softy ❤️

I hope you mean 'Who's fanny' but somehow, as it's you, I think you've spelled it correctly ;)
I knew Miss would spot this!
I was going to write Who's Fanny/whose Fanny, J.i.c.
Note that 'spelling' is off sick cos of rsi, about which I'm devastated - in case it makes me appear to be a 'tard.

You big softy ❤️
She even had 2 choices of main!!!! Must have been laughing her head off, whilst rubbing paws together with glee.

She even had 2 choices of main!!!! Must have been laughing her head off, whilst rubbing paws together with glee.
I caught all my rescue dogs doing "that paw thing" (whilst lounging on the king size bed). I dreamed of Perry the other night, he was right there, still blind but right there in the bed. It was almost as if he was until I woke up. Fostering a pet would be a good thing to do but I wouldn't re-home them and have 100 pets so I can't do it.

CC

Which one of us is Petula then???🤣🤣
Who remembers The FART? A group on here some years back we were asked not to use it as unknown members on here found it offensive, the name that is. The thread ran for a long time.

It was a gang who talked down others from buying stuff from Q on whim or products and brands we thought not worth it.

Forumites Against Random Telly (shopping)

Talking of farts, did anyone see the woman on The Phil & Holly Show who makes £3,000 a month farting online? She sounded as if it was a completely normal thing to do even though she admitted that there was a slightly sexual side to it and her children don't know what she does - (?!). Very, very weird. Made in America.

I'd sign up to be a FART any day, if they're ever allowed back.

Talking of farts, did anyone see the woman on The Phil & Holly Show who makes £3,000 a month farting online? She sounded as if it was a completely normal thing to do even though she admitted that there was a slightly sexual side to it and her children don't know what she does - (?!). Very, very weird. Made in America.

I'd sign up to be a FART any day, if they're ever allowed back.
I expect it's a trick? Those humans on Holly & Phill all get a good 'fee' for going on telly. Soooo low brow.

I haveno need for farts online, as Alexa has a 'fart skill'. It's not funny. You can tell it's been designed by the USA for the 'eccentric' uk market. They just don't get it.

I expect it's a trick? Those humans on Holly & Phill all get a good 'fee' for going on telly. Soooo low brow.

I haveno need for farts online, as Alexa has a 'fart skill'. It's not funny. You can tell it's been designed by the USA for the 'eccentric' uk market. They just don't get it.
US people misinterpret us Brits quite a lot. The cultural differences are more subtle and extensive than they realise. Of course that means the same is undoubtedly true looked at from their perspective.
They think because we are less mealy-mouthed about some swear words, they can just let rip... but actually they forget that respecting the context is vital. I've had US bosses who were f-bombing in all their meetings... and that just doesn't work. I blame Gordon Ramsey 😋

US people misinterpret us Brits quite a lot. The cultural differences are more subtle and extensive than they realise. Of course that means the same is undoubtedly true looked at from their perspective.
They think because we are less mealy-mouthed about some swear words, they can just let rip... but actually they forget that respecting the context is vital. I've had US bosses who were f-bombing in all their meetings... and that just doesn't work. I blame Gordon Ramsey 😋
And US tv. My Scandi boss learned loads of English from there, particularly The Simpsons.

Reading the comments on here, can I just say...please be kind, be grateful and less judgemental. All I want is to find out if there are offers or something of interest on QVC and maybe read some fun comments. If this was a general interest forum, I'd be gone already.

I must admit I can be pretty judgemental. It's human nature. Others have not just judged me but misjudged me many times over the years. I'm too old and ugly to put up with stupidity these days.

I'm extremely grateful for many of the things in my life but could do without some others. We all have something to be grateful for, some more than others. Just as we all have struggles, again some more than others.

If I can help someone I will. I'll say it myself but I believe I have a wealth of kindness and support inside me and hope that I can help others in this community whenever I can - I often wish that I could be there and help physically and emotionally with some members here who have been going through a difficult time. Just to somehow be able to help and support. This is the feeling I get back from this close little community here.

However, I absolutely refuse to waste my kindness on others that just wish to take advantage. And that would include people being paid considerable amounts (and much, much better than 'normal' shop assistants - who are worth their weight in gold IMO) to sell products on telly. This culture of considering people on the other side of our screens as being celebrities that need adulation rather than shop assistants or entertainers is beyond me.

"Be kind" is a small, very annoying, and fashionable-at-the-moment phrase that's overused by people/groups that to make (mostly) women feel guilty. You never hear anyone telling men to be kind! I often frequent primarily male forums for my hobby and some of the remarks there are downright nasty but no one ever tells them to be kind.

When I worked in the NHS I found kindness was seriously lacking for patients that needed it. A little bit of kindness in our department would have gone a long way to help many of our frequently older patients that were worried and more than a little scared. The male consultants would sweep around frequently leaving patients and staff upset and they should have known better. Not a lot of kindness there. It was very underrated by them and left to 'lesser' staff members (almost always female).

I started coming here for the shopping but stayed for the lovely members (male and female) who have a fantastic sense of humour and sharp wit that will make my day if I'm down. The wealth of information (shopping telly related and otherwise), support and help I see (and get) here is priceless. If we have a difference of opinion it's respected and not shouted down as one member being right or wrong.

This is, without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite place to come on the net. I consider the members here my friends and hope they never change. It's not just a place of convenience where people can dip in and out for offers on Q, although it does serve that purpose, especially for newcomers. That's what the presenters are paid to do. Members like SuperCW and others that give their time researching as well as a frequently valuable heads up every day go above and beyond posting info and I do hope they enjoy the, ahem, witty debates (AKA sometimes judgy, unkind, but frequently deserved discussions) that their postings can provoke.

Never change! I need my tea snort moments!

I read Holly and Phil as Pholly...

It fits!

I must admit I can be pretty judgemental. It's human nature. Others have not just judged me but misjudged me many times over the years. I'm too old and ugly to put up with stupidity these days.

I'm extremely grateful for many of the things in my life but could do without some others. We all have something to be grateful for, some more than others. Just as we all have struggles, again some more than others.

If I can help someone I will. I'll say it myself but I believe I have a wealth of kindness and support inside me and hope that I can help others in this community whenever I can - I often wish that I could be there and help physically and emotionally with some members here who have been going through a difficult time. Just to somehow be able to help and support. This is the feeling I get back from this close little community here.

However, I absolutely refuse to waste my kindness on others that just wish to take advantage. And that would include people being paid considerable amounts (and much, much better than 'normal' shop assistants - who are worth their weight in gold IMO) to sell products on telly. This culture of considering people on the other side of our screens as being celebrities that need adulation rather than shop assistants or entertainers is beyond me.

"Be kind" is a small, very annoying, and fashionable-at-the-moment phrase that's overused by people/groups that to make (mostly) women feel guilty. You never hear anyone telling men to be kind! I often frequent primarily male forums for my hobby and some of the remarks there are downright nasty but no one ever tells them to be kind.

When I worked in the NHS I found kindness was seriously lacking for patients that needed it. A little bit of kindness in our department would have gone a long way to help many of our frequently older patients that were worried and more than a little scared. The male consultants would sweep around frequently leaving patients and staff upset and they should have known better. Not a lot of kindness there. It was very underrated by them and left to 'lesser' staff members (almost always female).

I started coming here for the shopping but stayed for the lovely members (male and female) who have a fantastic sense of humour and sharp wit that will make my day if I'm down. The wealth of information (shopping telly related and otherwise), support and help I see (and get) here is priceless. If we have a difference of opinion it's respected and not shouted down as one member being right or wrong.

This is, without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite place to come on the net. I consider the members here my friends and hope they never change. It's not just a place of convenience where people can dip in and out for offers on Q, although it does serve that purpose, especially for newcomers. That's what the presenters are paid to do. Members like SuperCW and others that give their time researching as well as a frequently valuable heads up every day go above and beyond posting info and I do hope they enjoy the, ahem, witty debates (AKA sometimes judgy, unkind, but frequently deserved discussions) that their postings can provoke.

I love you alter.

I've said before the members on here are a lovely and supportive group.🥰🥰

Latest posts

Back