'Especially made for QVC'......!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
Watching the 11pm Kipling show last night, a fair proportion of the bags seemed to be 'especially made for QVC'!

Sorry Kipling, I am neither interested nor impressed & perhaps if you read some of the reviews on these, you might find a lot of other people aren't either, certainly as regards the 'impressed' bit!
Particularly noticeable are reviews for those trying out Kipling for the first time & frequently commenting on how 'disappointed' they were with the see-through fabric, cheap zips/zip pulls, poor dyeing, lack of lining & so on & so forth! Usually finishing their review with a comment that they cannot understand how the brand has such a cult following, based on the cheap looking, limp piece of tat they've just received through the post!

I can understand why QVC would be keen on the idea, bags churned out at a cheaper manufacturing cost but being flogged at full on Kipling prices but for Kipling, not so sure & can't help wondering just how many potential customers they are actually losing because of it!

Also, annoying how QVC seem to have stopped putting the 'especially made for....' bit in the item description, now have to watch the video to realise I don't want the wretched thing!

I so agree with you, KwC. The 11pm show was the first Kipling hours that I had seen for ages: it was awful. The bags looked cheap and poorly finished, and the presenter CHuntley didn't add to the proceedings one iota.

However, not only are the made-for-QVC bags inferior to the usual Kipling bags, but if the Kipling Alyra (OTO) is anything to go by, all QVC Kipling bags are not equal: the equivalent one advertised on Das Q - as a medium tote, I think - appeared, from the presentation, to be superior to that advertised on QUK. The cheap, white lining of the Alyra was in marked contrast to that of the Das Q bag - one of the usual Kipling linings.

Moreover, QVC's prices - even without adding in p&p - for the few 'normal' Kipling items shown were far in excess of those advertised on RTherapy, Kipling's Sale site, and I-Candy on Ebay (authorised Kipling seller).

When I raised, in writing, similar concerns to QVC, I received a pretty poor reply; in short, BS. I am, reluctantly, drawn to the conclusion that QVC considers that most of its customers have more money than sense; pretty dismissive, no?

Whilst I agree all these so called special offers on items made for Q is bad, the thing I find even worse is that out of 4 pattern choices 3 are the normal and 1 is a special. Imagine buying the blue patterned one loving it and thinking you would like the pink dot only to find it is the special and the quality is inferior.

I sometines wonder how a production line can be cost effective if 1 variety has to be revamped to save a few pence on the zip/lining. I know all the pence add up but the savings really lie in keeping a production line going without any stops.

I bought a Kipling TSV some years ago, I think it was the Jacqueline and was an 'especially made for QVC' offering. The difference in the quality to a normal Kipling bad was very evident and it was returned quickly. I noted from the reviews that a lot of people felt the same.
I recently bought a lovely Kipling hobo bag on Amazon, it was a special deal for Prime members, reduced from £89 to £35, it is a very big bag and excellent quality, I never buy Kipling from QVC' now.

I don't buy Kipling from Q either I usually have a look on Amazon but if it's a new model I buy local and pay full price I f it's something I really want.

I bought a Kipling TSV some years ago, I think it was the Jacqueline and was an 'especially made for QVC' offering. The difference in the quality to a normal Kipling bad was very evident and it was returned quickly. I noted from the reviews that a lot of people felt the same.

Yes, that was the first (& last!) time I bought a 'made especially for QVC' Kipling offering! I remember it well, kinda shapeless & only half-lined, no way I'd use it as a 'handbag'!
It found a use though, one of my daughters lives abroad & uses it as a long haul flight bag! Does the job, she always travels light & spends most of her flight time asleep anyway!

:mysmilie_59:

I am not surprised I read a thread on the US QVC years ago on brands we did not get here, and people were complaining about the inferior quality of the made for QVC offerings!
I have too found the specially made for inferior, in more than one brand!

The suspicion is that they cut corners and churn out a load more bags ,that way they make more profit.Also it means you cannot do direct price comparisons on other sites.

I thinkQ market it by saying you get exclusivity but if you take into account the numbers sold its probably the opposite,less exclusive.

Latest posts

Back