Estée Lauder 12 September 2020

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love the Advanced Night Repair. Haven’t used it for a while it’s pricey.
hope they haven’t messed around with the formula too much. I will watch anyway.

Didn’t EL buy our Jo Malone? I used to love JM but tried after they were bought out and have never bought again.That I can see on Q.
Last time I went to Jo Malone I noticed that the perfume in the bottle was clear, not the light yellow as usual. I released something wasn't right but din't know then they were bought by EL. What a shame... It was my staple brand, and luckily, I have a few bottles at home and will be using very sparingly. Until they last.

I remember a few years ago, maybe 5 or 6 (possibly more though, I'm not 100% sure), the Christmas Day TSV was an Elizabeth Arden collection. I'm not sure how well it sold as obviously the programmes for that day are pre-recorded, but the brand was never seen or heard from again on Q.
I remember this too!

Last edited:
EL has owned Jo Malone since the early 00s, they bought and Jo stayed on for a while but she had breast cancer so sold 100% to EL. She has her own brand again now Jo Loves.
I had tested Jo Loves in the shop, too strong for me, preferred the 'old' Jo Malone.

I would imagine that there is currently a long queue of brands who previously turned their noses up at going on QVC, begging to be on.

The virus has changed everything, and brands and retailers are looking to salvage whatever they can from the depressed sales in 2020. They can't afford to see if Christmas sales will turn things around with possible second waves, local lockdown etc.

Q price for 50ml Beautiful Belle is £62.50. All Beauty is £48.15. But most prices are much the same as QVC. But if I wanted this perfume I would google to see which is cheapest anyway. Bought my Mum a gift set of this at Christmas, it had 50ml + 2 x 10ml Perfume for the cost of £56.00. So I must have got a bargain.

Here are the items, all 11 of them

They have shows on 24th September at 5pm and 30th September at 8pm

My mum wore Youth Dew way back. Yes, they sell it and the dreaded Double Wear. It is very long-wearing like 16 hours and really for oily skin and heavy coverage but they brought out lighter versions. I remember on a beauty forum a lady in her mid-60s with dry skin telling us she went to try an EL foundation explained her skin type etc and the first thing the SA did was pull out Double Wear.:unsure:

Estee Lauder is seen as a brand for mature ladies, they did try being hip by getting Kendal Jenner as the face of the brand a few years back. Did not attract any younger people and miffed off their normal customer base. Then they did a collab with Victoria Beckham then she moved on and brought out her own makeup range.

As said usually if EL brought out a brand example Aveda first thing they did was pull the brand from QVC UK. I remember being at the Aveda counter which had just opened in Debenhams way back and the counter manager telling me "Oh we are leaving QVC, they are too low for Estee Lauder brands!" Bobbi Brown on QVC US used to get TSVs and we are talking quite a few and Bobbi appeared on there. We never got any and she never ever appeared on QVC UK.

Estee Lauder like a number of the other big brands who used to go around buying up other brands are having hard times at the moment. EL was bidding to buy Charlotte Tilbury but pulled out when the price got too high for what they could afford. Puig ended up buying CT and rumour has it for a billion!

PUIG??

They have just brought out a new updated version of Advanced night repair serum.
I've got samples, it feels heavier than the previous one, doesn't soak in as well, and I don't like it.
The spiel for it is off the scale though, as it often is. Some products should be left alone, it was already really good.

Youth Dew 😲 good grief yes! I admit to wearing it in the 70s. It must have been detectable in the next street. It makes me feel ill now if anyone walks past me wearing it.

Their Double wear foundation is dreadful but their Double wear mascara is great.

I'm guessing the double wear=double mask?? (hard & cakey????)

I’m not surprised EL is on QVC because QVC are desperately running out of things to flog by the looks of it, because they’re selling more high street brands than ever before especially the likes of Joop and Davidoff for example, even Baylis and Harding, once the individual p&p is added though it makes it more expensive than the high street so can’t see why they’re bothering, unless they’re trying to be like IW......again......who sell Marc Jacobs, Jean Paul Gautier, and Oscar de la Renta to name a few.

It's great that you always keep us (me) updated about the goings on at iW. Shoppy by name, shoppy by nature. I hate watching IW - it just seems muddled, so (y)

Here are the items, all 11 of them

They have shows on 24th September at 5pm and 30th September at 8pm

Anyone tried Bronze goddess? Donna?

Could be nice or overwhelming, sweet/sickly/co co conutty?

It's great that you always keep us (me) updated about the goings on at iW. Shoppy by name, shoppy by nature. I hate watching IW - it just seems muddled, so (y)

I don’t watch it either, I just go through the TV guide and shop on their website, I don’t watch QVC either just channel hop to have a laugh at their prices and their desperately hard selling presenters who try to tell you Philip Kingsley is the best hair care while looking like they’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards, Laura Geller is the best foundation (then Tarte, then IT, then.........) while looking tangoed, Marla Wynne are the best clothes while looking like bag ladies, and so on, but I’m even doing that less and less now though.

Looking at the prices listed on Q for EL items, you could buy them a bit cheaper when JL or Debenhams have their 10%/15% discount days, as well as some other online retailers of course.

The advantage for Q will be the money back guarantee though, which is great if you are trying for the first time.

Looking at the prices listed on Q for EL items, you could buy them a bit cheaper when JL or Debenhams have their 10%/15% discount days, as well as some other online retailers of course.

The advantage for Q will be the money back guarantee though, which is great if you are trying for the first time.

Same with Bobbi Brown which is owned by EL, the odd collection at an okay price they rest when you add p&p the same price as you can buy from department stores.

I've recently started using EL again and the results are amazing. I've just looked at their product list and while the prices are lower than Look Fantastic, they work out more once you add the P&P, which is free for orders over £25.00 from LF and you also get a 10 percent discount on orders over £80.00. I'll watch the show to hear to see the demos though, and then place my order elsewhere!

Latest posts

Back