Expensive hair products.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

China Girl

Registered Shopper
Qvc have had lots of haircare brands over the years, always promoting them as far superior to supermarket and high street brands.

There is a programme on tonight..Horizon BBC 2 9pm, called hair care secrets. They reveal whether or not it is worth buying expensive shampoos etc. and the research that is done for ingredients and so on. Could be interesting to see which brands are mentioned.

I've not read the article but I'm a firm believer in using what works for my hair - I've tried all the expensive shampoos (as well as the cheap ones) and the best stuff I've used so far is Dr Organics in rose, c. £6 a bottle. I'm usually very disappointed in the expensive ones, they seem to promise a lot but rarely deliver.

Any cheap old shampoo and conditioner works for me leaving my hair clean and shiny, I normally only pay a couple of quid.

It isn`t my hair which gets aggravated by shampoos etc it`s my scalp. I have sensitive skin and obviously that includes my scalp because the number of shampoos I`ve binned over the years are numerous and from all price ranges. Nowadays I stick to tried and tested ones and yep I like the Dr Organic ones from Holland and Barrett too, the aloe vera one and the vitamin e one. i also use a hair cleansing cream from Yves Rocher, it doesn`t foam but it isn`t always available so I buy it when I can. Another brand which works for me is the Faith In Nature lavender and geranium.

The best shampoo and conditioner I have found for my hair is a Turkish brand called 'Hunca'. Their camomile and argon oil shampoo smells divine and it is free of any nasties, best of all it works out at £3 for a huge bottle. The bad thing is I can't buy it in the UK so have to cart it back when I go out!

I will watch with interest! I was thinking of splashing out on some Philip Kingsley as I've just had some blonde highlights and I'm trying to maintain the colour.

Right now I'm using a bottle of Wen I stashed. Wen doesn't seem to be stocked by QVC anymore...

I shall record this. It sounds interesting. I have never gone ultra expensive, just up to Aveda and that brand Dennis and the ex wife brought from the Amazon. What was that called, I forget and can't see it on google!!!! Now I just buy Aussie shampoo and conditioner and hope for the best as I never seem to get a fabulous result from the dearer ones and many just seem too heavy for my hair. I was using John Frieda Volume (a hairdresser told me that was as good as anything else) for years but all of a sudden that seemed to dry my hair out.

I have a friend who was a hairdresser, has worked for several professional hair companies and now runs her own salon services company and she has privately always maintained use anything to clean your hair but spend money on good conditioners and masks etc. I have always lived by this philosophy and seems to work for me. Sorry Donna will read your link and watch the program now!

I meant Ojon! I have just looked and cannot find it anywhere really, it used to be in JLP and House of Fraser. Has it gone out of business or just on sale in the US these days? It was sold I think but where is the brand? Hmmmm.

I really liked Ojon too, shame Q don't do it anymore as some of the Tsvs were good and good value IMO, I don't know why JLP seemed to have stopped selling it either, no idea why

It isn`t my hair which gets aggravated by shampoos etc it`s my scalp. I have sensitive skin and obviously that includes my scalp because the number of shampoos I`ve binned over the years are numerous and from all price ranges. Nowadays I stick to tried and tested ones and yep I like the Dr Organic ones from Holland and Barrett too, the aloe vera one and the vitamin e one. i also use a hair cleansing cream from Yves Rocher, it doesn`t foam but it isn`t always available so I buy it when I can. Another brand which works for me is the Faith In Nature lavender and geranium.

I like faith in nature too, as they're certified cruelty free and sulfate free, I use their brave botanicals range in rose, it smells gorgeous

The Liz Earle shampoo does wonders for my hair and I like the Aussie Miracle one as well. Mum swears by Frizz Ease and Philip Kingsley and she has wire wool for hair :mysmilie_17:

CC

I was disappointed in not naming them too! Mainly use HS ones and have also tried more expensive shampoos but to be honest I don't notice any difference!

I meant Ojon! I have just looked and cannot find it anywhere really, it used to be in JLP and House of Fraser. Has it gone out of business or just on sale in the US these days? It was sold I think but where is the brand? Hmmmm.

You can get it in larger branches of Boots these days. I think Dennis sold out to Estee Lauder or some other big company. In my local Boots its beside Bumble and Bumble and Liz Earle.

I have a stockpile of WEN, they have pulled out of the UK now. I used to buy from their own site when the sale was on. It was quick and easy to use and as I have short hair lasts me for ages. They also had the bunny logo. Like Vienna my scalp itches like mad, I blame SLS a cheap foaming agent which dries out the scalp so I always look at the ingredient list. Not good when people think you have wildlife in your hair as you scratch all the time. :mysmilie_10:

I will have to watch the show on catch up later. I remember the other show they did some years back, it was the one that started the craze for Boots Lift and whatever. They found it just as good as another brand at £££. The woman a doctor investigated claims and results in a scientific way. She did hair care and was surprised that yes you do need to use for your hair type. I think she just used anything cheap before then changed to one that suited her hair type afterwards.

As I home colour my hair I do look for something gentle that does not strip the colour out.

Latest posts

Back