Extending my WIFI siginal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
I am looking at extending my WIFI signal, currently I have no signal in my bedroom and would love to be able to use my laptop / tablet in there.
I have a Talk talk modem in the dinning room which runs the WIRED connection to both my DS and DD desk top computers in their rooms ( wired because of the lack of signal in there).
I can use my laptop in the lounge on WIFI so I know it works!!
I live in a fairly small 3 bedroom bungalow but it is constructed from SOLID GRANITE blocks including the internal walls.
This is when Q's 30DMG really would come in handy as I am lost when it comes to anything computer related and I don't want to waste my money on something that isn't right for the job.
Thanks
Karen

The powerline type systems would be an answer for you.
Search Amazon and read the reviews for them.

I don't like those powerlines at all. Even when their sockets have a 3 pinplug on them and they get very hot. I would run an extra cable if I was you. You may need to buy a new modem with extra ports on the back if you have run out unless there is a way of getting 2 cables out of one port.

I couldn't get an internet signal in my craft room which is above the garage. Hubby discovered Devolo and it's solved the problem.

How old is the TT router? Our one is a Dlink DLS240R or something which only has "g" speeds and a good 4/5 years old. You could be better served by changing it to one with a "n" rating. Bear in mind your end device needs to be capable of the "n" speeds otherwise you're not gaining anything.

Otherwise, you need to be looking for a wireless repeater or extender. Just stick those words into ebuyer.com and something will appear. I've never used the repeaters/extenders though.

Thanks for all of your advice I have had look and have no idea what sort of modem I have so I am going to set my DS on to it when he is home from visiting his intend in Idaho.
I have managed for the last 4 years so another 3 weeks isn't going to hurt me.

Latest posts

Back