false nails, ugh !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't do any nail stuff. I almost have a phobia about long nails, painted nails, false nails and I can't have any of that on my hands. Probably sounds totally OCD but I just have them short and clean. Works for me!

CC

If you want to see some vile nails, odd thing to write, have a look at Stacey Solomon when she was a bridesmaid for her sister this weekend. Yuck.

Euuuuuugh !!! and clearly her guy Joe couldn't afford a pair of socks. Nice.

Is it me, or are weddings just getting tackier.

Euuuuuugh !!! and clearly her guy Joe couldn't afford a pair of socks. Nice.

Is it me, or are weddings just getting tackier.

I've seen a few weddings recently where men's shoes have had a row with their trousers, and I can imagine in years to come they will cringe. Weddings are not, imo, an opportunity to wear the latest fashions. Over the decades there must be a fair few regretful souls wishing they didn't choose something to wear which dated so badly.

I normally find her a breath of fresh in comparison with the other Loose Tarts but that was not a good look. The dress wasn’t a great fit IMO.

A gas BBQ lighter to light the ciggy!!

The guests at most weddings these days look like Loose Tarts ! - the word 'decorum' has vanished forever from the dictionary.

The video clip of the limited edition Dyson hairdryer (the extra case is causing a bit of a stir on arsebook) the Bland ambassadors nails are very offputting for my taste, they look tacky but that might just be me.

Not a great nail polish user (poor eyesight for neatness but good eyesight to see how bad they are!!!) but particularly dislike mat pastel colours, reminds me of colour tippex. If nails are polished i like them to be glossy.

The video clip of the limited edition Dyson hairdryer (the extra case is causing a bit of a stir on arsebook) the Bland ambassadors nails are very offputting for my taste, they look tacky but that might just be me.

Not a great nail polish user (poor eyesight for neatness but good eyesight to see how bad they are!!!) but particularly dislike mat pastel colours, reminds me of colour tippex. If nails are polished i like them to be glossy.

Is that the case which they're using to justify whacking another £30 on the already comedy price?

Is that the case which they're using to justify whacking another £30 on the already comedy price?

That’s the one

People who were the original trail blazers paying 300 squid for a hairdryer think they should be offfered the case at reduced price to reward them for doing so.

That’s the one

People who were the original trail blazers paying 300 squid for a hairdryer think they should be offfered the case at reduced price to reward them for doing so.

At £300, I'd be expecting a hairdresser to come with it, never mind a case. All the reviews I've read mention the fiddly little buttons inconveniently placed on the body of it rather than on the handle like a normal hairdryer.

Only Abbie could try to get us to believe that it's some magical property of the supersonic which results in such a superior result, rather than the obvious observation that it's actually down to the models having good hair to start with and that it's being professionally blow-dried. They'd probably still look like that if someone took a leafblower to their hair, like that advert.

False nails

I really wish that guests would refrain from wearing false nails. OK they know their hands will be on show, but clean short nails with a hint of colour would be far preferable to the ghastly plastic, and often grubby, offering we see in closeup lately.

Abbey Horne has dreadful ones, and the Lola Rose guest clearly has a short nailbed so the over long faux nails looked stoooopid.

The Bibi Bijoux woman also has false nails, and often her real growing nail under the false one can be seen in camera shot. This is the downfall of false nails, when a grubby undernail can be seen. Its enough to put you off your dinner. Equally when the nail start to 'grow' with the real one, there is no paint at the base of the nail.

I'm not totally against false nails, I used to wear them with a French polish, but they ruined my real nails, so haven't worn them for over a decade, but I always wore them at a realistic length, and certainly not the claws we see today.

The worse has to be Gems TV. Anytime I flick over the ugly false nails with the real nails showing under. One with one female presenter often has lost one and trying to hide it whilst showing rings and bracelets.:mysmilie_17:

I volunteer to test cosmetics ect, and last year one of the trials was nail glue.

The package arrived and I stuck the nails on following the instructions.

I work in a busy shop, I'm afraid a couple of customers went home with a free gift, a nail had pinged off while I was packing their shopping and I hadn't noticed.

No-one complained though :mysmilie_11::mysmilie_19:

I had gel nails for some time until I got tired of the maintenance.I am not a nail person but have periods when I get them into shape again.The one product I turn to is Leighton Denny Renovate, it never fails me.

When I did wear acrylic nails, I would always clean the underside with a toothbrush which helped to keep them free of dust and other stuff. I remember my manicurist telling me horror stories of the state of some fingers when she did maintenance and removal of some acrylics. UGH !

Latest posts

Back