Fashion Weekend what did you buy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

piper4

Feline & Veiltail Techie!
Two Elms left & One Oak north of Pixie Wood on the
I bought a Kipling bag for a Christmas present for my daughter, I haven't got any of this range, and it will be my daughter's first so I hope she likes it. I went for the Velda cross body bag in the Panther Black I think she'll like the pattern.

Only grouch I have watching the bag shows is the guest is trying to show you the inside of the bag and the camera is zooming back and forth so you don't get a proper look and the presenter is yapping away not showing you any dimensions of the bag just putting it on her shoulder or across her body and standing there. I went online and looked at the video presentation it wasn't much better but with careful squinting at the screen I found out what I wanted to know.

I think the best person for showing bags and anything for that matter is Kylie from Travelon she practically puts the bag inside out to show the features and sometimes she has packed the bag with her stuff to show how much it takes, she knows how to give a proper demonstration.

piper

:giggle:

Hi, my names's Julia and I purchased the OTO wrap dress in every colourway :grin:

Hi BusyLizzie and Bags

My daughter hasn't heard of Kipling Bags so that will be a new make for her. She has a few Travelon bags and really likes them especially the small ones as she can put them under her coat, she travels daily on the underground to work in London and as several changes she said it makes her feel safer for her bag to be unseen and she carry's a separate tote bag non valuable stuff.

Bags
I couldn't see the dress your mentioned did it sell out? if not what the item no., I like looking a things, I do like some of the dresses they have but I'm only 4ft 10 and rather chunky so I don't own a dress and haven't done so since my early twenties. I worked with horses over the years and dresses weren't really compatible so a drifted into trousers etc., and although I do like some of the dresses Qvc show with the tall models if I got into one it would be trailing along the ground lol :giggle:

piper

Last edited:
Piper.......I'm sure your daughter will find the Kipling bag very useful especially as they are extremely lightweight to start off with. The idea of her having her bag under her coat is great (that's what I tend to do) particularly in cities amongst all the hustle and bustle. Far better to be safe than sorry! I'm sure she'll be thrilled with it.

Hi BusyLizzie and Bags

My daughter hasn't heard of Kipling Bags so that will be a new make for her. She has a few Travelon bags and really likes them especially the small ones as she can put them under her coat, she travels daily on the underground to work in London and as several changes she said it makes her feel safer for her bag to be unseen and she carry's a separate tote bag non valuable stuff.

Bags
I couldn't see the dress your mentioned did it sell out? if not what the item no., I like looking a things, I do like some of the dresses they have but I'm only 4ft 10 and rather chunky so I don't own a dress and haven't done so since my early twenties. I worked with horses over the years and dresses weren't really compatible so a drifted into trousers etc., and although I do like some of the dresses Qvc show with the tall models if I got into one it would be trailing along the ground lol :giggle:

piper

Hi Piper, :wave:
Lovely to hear from you.
If you check out the thread I started about the OTO dress it will explain my post.
I'm afraid it looks like QVC have now removed the video to the item, more than likelydue to censorship :grin:
Or perhaps they feel they stand a better chance of selling the dress without the models flashing all on it's video. :giggle:

:giggle:

Hi, my names's Julia and I purchased the OTO wrap dress in every colourway :grin:

and size small...?:giggle:

this weekend has kept my money safe, the only QVC "fashion" I've had for years are two pieces of Kim which I've been delighted with (is it me :sad: !)

hope your daughter will like the bag Piper...not got any Kipling myself but have seen them locally - I do have a couple of Travelon.

everyone heard the old joke..? Do you like Kipling? I don't know, I've never kippled...

it still makes me smile but maybe I'm heading for senile dementia !

I have come to realise that it is the 'fashion' I have purchased that always goes back and pushes up my returns rate. However I bought a pair of Attitudes trousers to use as lounging trousers at home

I have come to realise that it is the 'fashion' I have purchased that always goes back and pushes up my returns rate. However I bought a pair of Attitudes trousers to use as lounging trousers at home

disappointed with the wonderful TSV promised by the presenters and must have item from DB, so did not buy. Can not say I like the dress much either.
Boycotting the rest today, such a nice sunny day will do something outside, wrapped up in my own (shudder, prepare for enlightening statement::::::::-drumroll....) high street bought coat and high street bought scraf and hat!:giggle::giggle::giggle:
:wait: yes, it is that cold here:wave:

Last edited:
Was tempted by the Basso coat yesterday but last year I ordered one and the aggravation getting it back to QVC, had to keep ringing them for the courier to pick it up. I find his sizing a bit strange. Got medium last time and it was really big. Didn't want to get a small and find it too small. Wanted a hat but the white one has gone and there is no waitlist. How the rest of it can be called fashion is beyond me. Quite tempted by a Ronni Nicole dress but not sure. Has anyone ever got one and how is the sizing and do they come up quite short? They look like they do.

I think QVC have been playing fast and loose with the word "fashion" as I haven't found anything I'd want to buy. Not even swayed by the 3 easypays this time.

I have only ever returned one item over the years I've been with Qvc and that was a completely wrongly designed sterling silver tie pin which would not fit on a tie who ever passed that should have got their eyes tested as it was obvious it was all wrong.

Snap!!!! :grin::nod:

Thanks for the wishes

Normally I have some of my Christmas presents in by this time of year but with one thing and another I've been delayed. So when I saw the bags on easy pay that helped a great deal and there is a Diamonique day on Wednesday I think so I will be on the look out for easy pays then too, as I got my daughter of the watches from the range and she loves it.

piper

3 pieces of lola rose - an aubergine ring, a chocolate ring and chocolate necklace.

The Lola Rose has been the only thing worth watching! Some of what's passed for 'fashion' this weekend I wouldn't mop my front step with - and the pricing with P&P included has been extortionate!

Oh, and if I have to hear that bliddy 'what a wonderful world' jingle from The Harmonies one more time I may just have to dig my heart out with a rusty butterknife. I feel like ringing QVC up and saying 'all right, I'll BUY one of their sodding albums - just please for the love of all that is right and decent STOP PLAYING THAT BLIDDY JINGLE'

lola rose kimberley necklace and chloe earrings both in tomato red quartzite.

bought a dulce garbo jumper,fairytales knit chunky wool long cardigan,print fusion dress all in the £10 clearance thanks for the threads on that ladies.

lola rose kimberley necklace and chloe earrings both in tomato red quartzite.

bought a dulce garbo jumper,fairytales knit chunky wool long cardigan,print fusion dress all in the £10 clearance thanks for the threads on that ladies.

well done you - it's great when you find something you like, specially in the Clearance section:up:!

Latest posts

Back