Faux fur may be real !!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dear SB, yes indeed you are right, but it gets worse, its usually cat or dog fur added in the pelt , its a usual practice in Asia, however, not sure if Dennis 'Brasso' is an Asian importer
I speak from experience, as I purchased a 'fake' and became very itchy - coat was tested positive to cat 'dander' which I am highly allergic to, also contained kitty hairs in the mix. I was extremely upset. The coat was not a DB, I hasten to add.

Oh no that's awful! I'd have kneed who ever sold it to me clean in the bollocks (if they had bollocks obviously)

Dear SB, yes indeed you are right, but it gets worse, its usually cat or dog fur added in the pelt , its a usual practice in Asia, however, not sure if Dennis 'Brasso' is an Asian importer
I speak from experience, as I purchased a 'fake' and became very itchy - coat was tested positive to cat 'dander' which I am highly allergic to, also contained kitty hairs in the mix. I was extremely upset. The coat was not a DB, I hasten to add.

You mean to say you inadvertently bought a "KittyCoat?" What did you learn of its provenance? Where did you get it from? QVC? Or the dread "High Street?"

I bet Basso would sell anything for a few quid. I can picture him crawling the sidewalks of New York, nabbing kitties.

I haven't got time to go to court, so I think best to stay quiet! It wasn't within the last 5 years, I can say that.

I haven't got time to go to court, so I think best to stay quiet! It wasn't within the last 5 years, I can say that.

Well I think it's disgusting to sell real fur as fake. If the real fur is cheaper than fake it is likely sourced from Asia / Far East. When I was in China I saw some stomach-churning things made from domestic animals - coats made from horses and all sorts of animals. But then I wear a black leather safari jacket (from the 70s, I bought it from a retro shop in Camden) my Daihatsu Copen has red leather seats, as does the Porsche Boxster I'm buying. My flat cap is made of red leather, too. I bought it as my trademark - as everyone at my work loves the colour red. I don't always wear leather - except for my Zegna shoes and my red flat cap. At least I knew they were leather when I bought them. I've been looking for a non-leather red flat cap but have yet to find one :(

Sadly when so much is imported from China and the far east, then it`s an uphill battle for Trading Standards to control it and Joe Public to know exactly what they`re buying. I read of childrens soft toys being made from dog and cat pelts, they were little toys kittens and puppies in wicker baskets and being sold in high street pound shops amongst other places.
Leather gloves which were made of dog skin but being sold as cow leather and fur collars and trims on coats and other clothing which was cat, dog or rabbit fur but was advertised as faux fur.
I daresay there are many more incidences too and we`ve only discussed the tip of the iceberg.

Oh no that's awful! I'd have kneed who ever sold it to me clean in the bollocks (if they had bollocks obviously)

I'd sew a pair on for you if they didn't Shopper; then you can do your worst! :mysmilie_51:

Well I think it's disgusting to sell real fur as fake. If the real fur is cheaper than fake it is likely sourced from Asia / Far East. When I was in China I saw some stomach-churning things made from domestic animals - coats made from horses and all sorts of animals. But then I wear a black leather safari jacket (from the 70s, I bought it from a retro shop in Camden) my Daihatsu Copen has red leather seats, as does the Porsche Boxster I'm buying. My flat cap is made of red leather, too. I bought it as my trademark - as everyone at my work loves the colour red. I don't always wear leather - except for my Zegna shoes and my red flat cap. At least I knew they were leather when I bought them. I've been looking for a non-leather red flat cap but have yet to find one :(

What a dapper picture you paint Ju! :mysmilie_852:

Latest posts

Back