Feather design on Alison Cork hour and Julia's reaction Versus Kipling feather print

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

May

Registered Shopper
Just finding it odd that when Julia presented the Kipling feather print a couple of weeks ago , she sort of gave a what I perceived as a mocking glance to Marie Francoise. This was because Marie had mentioned the significance, to some people, of feathers ( I.E Spriutual or Angels maybe ). However during the beginning of the Alison Cork hour Julia was quick to mention what feathers mean to her ? ...
Such a stark change of heart. She waxed Lyrical about them ...she did not mention Angels to be fair but ...I am really confused as to why she would give Marie Francoise a mocking face with a sideways glance and then have a complete change of heart with bedding that had feathers printed ( very nicely I might add ) on them.
:angel::thinking:

I didn't see either of the incidents you mention. I did see Julia's rudeness when MF told her about a friend's new baby called Luna and Julia rolled her eyes skywards and said "some parents just don't think". Maybe Julia doesn't like MF. Personally I think MFW is a great guest, very pretty and is excellent at presenting the products.

I didn't see Queen Julia, but she indeed runs the show, it's Julia's way or no way...........the sarcastic snotty mare.

I think they need more Alison Cork and less Helly Koppen. Much warmer guest, and her designs are nicer.

The feather print bedding looks very pretty... but if QVC make it, I wouldn't vouch for the quality.

In terms of the feather print - maybe Julia just thought the Kipling feather print was horrible but didn't want to say? I often struggle to "get" the link between Kipling prints and the print names... the link is somewhat tenuous in my opinion.

I don't mind Alison Cork, but some of her stuff...! Did you see the pair of sequinned polystyrene dogs?! Who the hell would actually buy those hideous monstrosities? She really tried to skirt around the fact that they were polystyrene, using such euphemisms as 'a foam-type interior' with Queen Julia amending it to 'blown foam'. When they were picking them up, they looked like they weighed about 8oz each - I can imagine they'd blow over as soon as you opened the door. Hideous!

I think they need more Alison Cork and less Helly Koppen. Much warmer guest, and her designs are nicer.

The feather print bedding looks very pretty... but if QVC make it, I wouldn't vouch for the quality.

In terms of the feather print - maybe Julia just thought the Kipling feather print was horrible but didn't want to say? I often struggle to "get" the link between Kipling prints and the print names... the link is somewhat tenuous in my opinion.

It was uncomfortable to watch Julia's reaction to be honest ...tumble weed, but with an edge for poor old Marie Francoise, ...personally it just goes to show ..sales patter sales patter ...but why she had been so rude to Marie Francoise is baffling ...
I thought it was a nice thing to say ..be it sales patter of course...Marie Francoise a lovley girl ..it showed for me personally a really snidey side of Julia ..If I had been drinking I think I would have spat it out in shock at her reaction to the feather bedding ..... I hope it was not just because she didn't like the Kiplig feathers May ...I'd prefer that lol

I didn't see either of the incidents you mention. I did see Julia's rudeness when MF told her about a friend's new baby called Luna and Julia rolled her eyes skywards and said "some parents just don't think". Maybe Julia doesn't like MF. Personally I think MFW is a great guest, very pretty and is excellent at presenting the products.
I did wonder Boris if it bright out her dislike of Marie Francoise ...she seems such a lovley lady ..and very pretty ..I really hope it was not that ...I'm a bit of a saddo for even noticing these two reactions of Julia tbh lol ...but I love the feather sentiment ..that is why my radar was in tune lol

It was uncomfortable to watch Julia's reaction to be honest ...tumble weed, but with an edge for poor old Marie Francoise, ...personally it just goes to show ..sales patter sales patter ...but why she had been so rude to Marie Francoise is baffling ...
I thought it was a nice thing to say ..be it sales patter of course...Marie Francoise a lovley girl ..it showed for me personally a really snidey side of Julia ..If I had been drinking I think I would have spat it out in shock at her reaction to the feather bedding ..... I hope it was not just because she didn't like the Kiplig feathers May ...I'd prefer that lol

I suppose they are all only human. It's hard to see, from what we experience of Marie-Francoise, that there is anything to dislike about her... but we don't actually know them well enough to judge. But it is absolutely unacceptable and unprofessional be unintentionally rude, whether about the products, the presenters, the guests, the models or the crew. It is a shame. I've just been watching the lovely hour Julia has presented with Katie from the Royal British Legion. Julia was drawing the rather (to my mind) shy Katie, and getting some nice stories about the work of various types the RBL is involved in... and no blasted i-pad either, no flicking of hair and flirting. Just Julia at the top of her professional game. I quite liked how she looked (black trousers/leggings and a black and white spotted top with her birkenstock EVA flip-flops (the white ones this time).

I suppose they are all only human. It's hard to see, from what we experience of Marie-Francoise, that there is anything to dislike about her... but we don't actually know them well enough to judge. But it is absolutely unacceptable and unprofessional be unintentionally rude, whether about the products, the presenters, the guests, the models or the crew. It is a shame. I've just been watching the lovely hour Julia has presented with Katie from the Royal British Legion. Julia was drawing the rather (to my mind) shy Katie, and getting some nice stories abouth the work of various types the RBL is involved in... and no blasted i-pad either, no flicking of hair and flirting. Just Julia at the top of her professional game. I quite liked how she looked (black trousers/leggings and a black and white spotted top with her birkenstock EVA flip-flops (the white ones this time).

Exactly - when Julia's not flirting or trying to be down with the kids on her iPad she can't be beaten for professionalism - she is, after all, one of the originals at this game.

Exactly - when Julia's not flirting or trying to be down with the kids on her iPad she can't be beaten for professionalism - she is, after all, one of the originals at this game.

Yes Julia knows her onions as the saying goes that is for certain ...If she had rolled her eyes at Jennifer Kirk in the Kirk Folly hours she might have had the mirror placed aggressively on her head lol :mysmilie_17:

It's just sad that after so many years of professionalism she had reverted to a refugee from Wayne and Waynetta

MF seems a very nice lady (and deserves a medal when they start that "and what are we calling this" crap) and as JR can be pleasant to other dreadful guests there in no need to be anything other than professional.

Perhaps she didn't get as much commission on that bag:mysmilie_50:

Yes Julia knows her onions as the saying goes that is for certain ...If she had rolled her eyes at Jennifer Kirk in the Kirk Folly hours she might have had the mirror placed aggressively on her head lol :mysmilie_17:

Or fairy glitter blown into her eyes instead of Charlie's suit!

Latest posts

Back