Fitness with Davina TSV 16/06/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm never ceased to be amazed what this lot are 'ambassadors' of -, they're all at it......... everything from daily vitamins, to female razors to night time drinks ! just waiting for the Specs for Dogs as the next one 🤭

AND have you noticed that nearly all the home decor pages and fashion pages have the same products in different magazines ?
With due respect to some journalists, it seems to me there are far too many who just regurgitate press releases verbatim. If the company providing the products essentially writes the copy for the article...and provides the photos to boot, what the heck are some of the mags paying a salary for? Maybe the pay should go to the real writers of the piece!!

I've no desire to look like Davina - underweight and over-exercised. I'm not overweight but I don't want abs and don't get the obsession, especially for older women. Surely the goal should be to retain a nice silhouette as you age and to look well, not like a scrawny chicken? I'd love to have my 18-year-old body back but the fact is it's never going to happen.

Those like Davina have little other talent than publicising themselves, so their figure becomes their major asset, therefore keeping it photo-shoot ready is their major object in life. Another one is Liz Hurley, and Ambitious H is rarely photographed without a thigh being flashed.

This lot all have to age at some point and will look decidedly desperate if they're still flashing the flesh when they're almost 70 and their chins have been pulled up to their foreheads :oops:

Attachments

• Dacvina TSV 1.jpg
    Dacvina TSV 1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Dacvina TSV 2.jpg
    Dacvina TSV 2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Dacvina TSV 3.jpg
    Dacvina TSV 3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 111
  • Dacvina TSV 4.jpg
    Dacvina TSV 4.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Dacvina TSV 5.jpg
    Dacvina TSV 5.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 119
You know what, I'm going to eat my previous words here. This looks like the sort of thing I could slide under the chair and get out for 5 mins now and then. I walk a lot and I have a physical job so I do exercise but if I could do a bit of this whilst watching TV and then chuck it out of sight I might, just might be interested. The problem with previous exercise equipment is most of it has been huge and taken up too much room, then it's annoyed me, I've not done it and then got rid. I know what I've said in the past about hanging washing etc but this might be a bit more suitable (might).

Super, give us a price when you know it.

CC

You know what, I'm going to eat my previous words here. This looks like the sort of thing I could slide under the chair and get out for 5 mins now and then. I walk a lot and I have a physical job so I do exercise but if I could do a bit of this whilst watching TV and then chuck it out of sight I might, just might be interested. The problem with previous exercise equipment is most of it has been huge and taken up too much room, then it's annoyed me, I've not done it and then got rid. I know what I've said in the past about hanging washing etc but this might be a bit more suitable (might).

Super, give us a price when you know it.

CC
Sorry, but

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm only surprised with the downgrading of the honours list, she hasn't received an MBE for services to self publicising along with Amanda Holden.

I only say this because there is now a new "services to...." laughingly its CRAFT ! I'm lost for words that the host of Repair Shop, y'know, the guy that paints chair legs in different colours, Jay Blades, has somehow and absurdly gained an MBE for services to craft. Honestly you couldn't make it up, and an insult to all those wonderfully skilled artisans who actually do have a talent. Sorry I've ranted and raged.

Q did this same thing, different brand...and I bought a similar gizmo from IW a few years earlier... all without suffering DM presenting it!
Did you use your gizmo? I now have 3. A big ball, the blade thing and some small cycling pedals. I only do 3 exercises that don’t need any aids on my bed.

I'm only surprised with the downgrading of the honours list, she hasn't received an MBE for services to self publicising along with Amanda Holden.

I only say this because there is now a new "services to...." laughingly its CRAFT ! I'm lost for words that the host of Repair Shop, y'know, the guy that paints chair legs in different colours, Jay Blades, has somehow and absurdly gained an MBE for services to craft. Honestly you couldn't make it up, and an insult to all those wonderfully skilled artisans who actually do have a talent. Sorry I've ranted and raged.
He does do some lovely stuff as well,

Did you use your gizmo? I now have 3. A big ball, the blade thing and some small cycling pedals. I only do 3 exercises that don’t need any aids on my bed.
A couple of times, but it was not something that worked for me. I think it went to charity about 5 years ago.

He does do some lovely stuff as well,
Ahhhh but read the blurb carefully. He doesn't actually produce the stuff himself - far too professionally made for him. I think the company has grabbed his name because he's on the tele, and at those prices he wouldn't need to subsidise with reality tv.

And seeing his renovation workshop in the Midlands its far smaller than the place he first used on Money for Nothing, not exactly where he'd churn out ÂŁ700 chairs !

I remember seeing the absolute rubbish he was supposed to have 'transformed' from the tip on Money for Nothing, it didn't sell - no surprise there, so the person who chucked it out never got anything. We all know its the diversity thing, - exactly the same happened with Nadya Hussein who made the worst ever birthday cake for the Queen !

I remember seeing the absolute rubbish he was supposed to have 'transformed' from the tip on Money for Nothing, it didn't sell - no surprise there, so the person who chucked it out never got anything. We all know its the diversity thing, - exactly the same happened with Nadya Hussein who made the worst ever birthday cake for the Queen !
I totally agree, that cake was awful coming from someone who had just won a baking competition.

CC

This looks like the same thing with ÂŁ2.99 delivery. You can pay with paypal as well. I haven't used this online company so can't comment on service etc. The downside is that if you decide you don't like it you wouldn't be able to send it back, however, how many of us would actually send it back if we bought it from QVC?

CC

Sod Davina, and any celeb selling us their fitness gadgets, today I'm mainly getting my exercise from pushing Hetty hoover around, doing the laundry, hanging it out to dry and back again, dragging the ironing board out, and doing the ironing of course. I'm gonna sort through all my bed linen today and weed out the mismatched, the worn out and the "rarely use". Oh, and it's recycling day too ....and do you know what? It all counts as exercise, and not only that the results are instant 'cause I'll have clean clothes and a tidy home - result!

On the subject of that particular bit of kit, it's been doing the rounds for yonks with various names, various zelebs promoting it and at various prices. To be fair it's on the better gadgets on the market. I had one some years ago from IW and I used it a lot at first, but got rid of it and pretty much every other exercise gadget I'd ever bought as I'd rather use the storage space in my home for something more useful. I've gotten to the stage now when I prefer to get my exercise without actually being aware that I'm exercising...see above!!

Latest posts

Back