Fitness with Davina TSV 16/06/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm 62 & with the exception of when I was expecting our older daughter I've been a vegetarian for 44 years, of all the cravings to have mine was meat! Back then the veggie option in a restaurant was either omlette or ploughman's lunch & many times I'd just have a plate of roast potatoes & veg. Fortunately my mum was a talented & inventive cook, rose to the challenge & I still use many of her recipes. I have as much energy now as when I was in my 20s, always run up our stairs & gratefully acknowledge my health, I don't eat bread & dislike pulses so don't pad myself out with carbs. However, I retired in December 2017 & the following summer was lovely & relaxing in the garden with too much prosecco meant I put on 10 pounds, I joined SW, lost them plus quite a few more, & despise myself for even thinking about stuff that would make me gain weight.
You are too hard on yourself. You've earned a treat or 2.....

I didn’t used to like her, I found her way of speaking grated on me but over the years I’ve warmed to her, perhaps because the new intakes are even worse.

She seems to have recovered well from her illness and I wish her all the best.

I think she's troffing regular food/choc etc when no one's looking.

I prefr her when she's larger. She's vain & annoying & faux coy when thin. Bleughrh. Also nice to see how q's clothes look on larger/normal people.
Sisterbliss, i'm afraid nothing's changed. I saw her presenting a fashion show with Alex a few days ago and she reading out the messages that said she looked great in her dress (!) and was twirling around in front of the camera. I wish she would stop, it was so jarring

Sisterbliss, i'm afraid nothing's changed. I saw her presenting a fashion show with Alex a few days ago and she reading out the messages that said she looked great in her dress (!) and was twirling around in front of the camera. I wish she would stop, it was so jarring
The dress looked awful with those clumpy trainers - totally wrong length for those - maybe ok with a mini or maxi but that length is very hard to wear, a fancy sandal would have taken it out of a crime to fashion and put it into passable.

How many times did she say she wasn’t wearing shapewear, hinting that the previous hour glass shape was down to under armour, by pulling the cloth to show her stomach.

At least she was honest by saying she was a 18 bottom but I reckon she was nearer a 16 than 12\14 top.

Now she is a flabby sickner rather than a thinner one!

Does anyone really care what size Catherine is? She's a very pretty lady and the fact that she has to wear size 18 trousers is really no big deal is it? Jilly said she (Jilly) was a size 16 and CH looks smaller in the hips than Jilly. Someone's not giving their true size and I would put my money on CH. Is it that "oh poor me I'm huge" thing?

The obvious answer to Catherine's angst about her weight gain is that she needs to eat less. Nothing in life is easy. Just bite the bullet and do it or shut up and be bigger.

CC

Reading in a weekly this week I see that Davina is in 'huge demand' and is making millions from her 'business empire' which includes the usual - books/dvds/ endless tv programmes as host or panellist or judge/ not forgetting her fitness equipment on qvc. Cant wait for her bubble to burst and she drops from favour (like old Vorderman who still clings on to Pride of the Year and promoting funeral expenses :rolleyes: )

Its very difficult to say on TV what size someone is they always look smaller in real life.
That’s why it’s so annoying when they say what size the model is wearing without telling us what size the model actually is. Or quite often we’re not told what size they are wearing, or , when asked, the model doesn’t even know herself! Sometimes they do say what high street size she is, but not always.

That’s why it’s so annoying when they say what size the model is wearing without telling us what size the model actually is. Or quite often we’re not told what size they are wearing, or , when asked, the model doesn’t even know herself! Sometimes they do say what high street size she is, but not always.
Davina McCall Height: 5 feet and 6.75 inches

Weight: 58 KG (9st 2lb)

Davina McCall Net Worth: $4 Million

Nationality: English

Bust size: 34-inches

From https://topcelebinfo.com/davina-mccall/

You can't even judge by that as Fibby Flint keeps saying she a 16/18 knowing that she's much smaller. She even lies about her height. Weird!. She's short so she looks bigger on the TV

Most of the foods vegans need to eat to get the necessary vitamins & minerals are high in carbs & fats. I heard her give out her dress size today & I'd posted this a couple of days ago.
I know she wrote that she comfort ate through lockdown but she's previously said that she's a yo-yo dieter & that's a very difficult pattern to break.
3 stone in 3 months is too fast. Crash diets and rapid weight loss can wreck your metabolism... plus your body has a weight it likes to return to: homeostasis. The body creates a set point, and when you are under, your body will FIGHT you to get back to that level. Sadly it seems happy to adjust UPWARDS without a fight 🤬
Also with rapid weight loss the tendency is to lose muscle... so when you jump off the diet train your higher percentage of fat will make it easier than ever to put weight on.
As we age it just becomes so much harder to change, so we need to be prepared for permanent changes to our lifestyle and habits to have a chance of losing the weight and keeping it off...and to be permanently vigilant about weight change.
Even then, genetics can be against us. It's recently been discovered that there are genetic markers that program people to become, and remain, obese.

QVC Italy shows at the bottom of the screen the bust, waist and, hip sizes of the fashion models and what size clothes they are wearing. All the models are size small, except when Nina Leonard is on, and they show a small model, a medium/large one and an extra large model. It helps.
Do they also still tell you how a garment is meant to fit?
I also thought that was very helpful.
QVC UK is just so lazy when it comes to these things, imo.

Latest posts

Back