Flinty's looking fuller

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She does look a bit fuller as does Catherine- doesn’t matter, they’re still looking good..just so long as they’re not wearing QVC “fashion” .. but my biggest shock was Kathy Tayler ...When did she lose all that weight? I have only been watching q again fairly recently so last time I saw her presenting she was a lot bigger- I wouldn’t normally comment- but that is some weight loss!
Quite a while now. With each passing pound lost she became more aggressive, before she was a bumbling mumbling mess, now she is a lot slimmer,a lot tidier, still mumbles but is so rude and shouty talking over everyone and point blank refusing to give sizes.

On Arsebook she has gone from being a loved mummy type to being up there with JF in being heartily disliked for her attitude.

We have probably all put on weight in lockdown but even I who will but on 2 lbs just looking at a packet of crisps, haven’t put on as much as Chunts, I would say that could be about 2 stone which is a lot in 3 months.

Well done! Yes, it’s definitely Flinty from what she says, which describes her life exactly as we know it, but I am not sure I would have recognised her voice without the context. I suppose it will sound different on the radio and over a phone.

By the way, she says in that piece that she’s been living in Devon but comes up to work in London at weekends. She seems to be on a lot more than just weekends to me - or does she mean more recently? I don’t watch that much so maybe I see recordings of presentations and think they are live.

Yes, I agree, I wasn’t sure it was her at first but then could make out her voice albeit slightly different.

Also thought that Caroline Archer had gained weight.
She lost quite a lot of weight a few years ago & then it started to creep back on, as it does! Maybe like Chunts she can lose weight but not change her way of eating. Her choice of full skirted dresses & belts accentuate her shape & there are times when the camera shot, aimed at a small bottle, has a background completely filled with her tum.

Have put on a few pounds myself during lockdown but the minute I can`t fit into something I want to wear then I try to cut back. I can`t afford a whole new wardrobe so if it means closing my eyes when walking past the crisps/nuts/hobnobs/cakes in the supermarket then so be it. DF has spouted so much in the past that even though it isn`t nice to comment on peoples weight gain or weight loss, I don`t feel guilty about it in her case. During lockdown they had the Green Goddess on screen, she`s now into her 80`s but still practising what she preached. DF needs to do the same when she yet again goes onto one of her "health and weight Issues" whether in a book or on screen.

At least Debbie and Catherine usually give us the size of an outfit that they’re wearing, even if they’ve gained weight, and they don’t harp on about being in a small or say they’re in a medium because the model took the small off the rack.

Cabbage Patch doll ?
Our younger daughter loved them & had one who was a dead ringer for Flinty, complete with orange woolly hair, I know she's in a box in the garage & I'll have to find her tomorrow :D Her favourites were the babies, we bought several from Argos & never knew which one she'd get. Waiting at 'Collection Point A' as the box came down the shute was a bit like being in labour & not knowing what the baby would look like, I once said that to the girl serving us, she couldn't stop laughing & I had to apologise to her supervisor for causing mayhem.

Oh I loved Cabbage Patch dolls when they came out in the late 70`s but as a married woman and with 2 young sons (the 3rd arrived 11 years later), no daughters and no much younger sisters I never had a reason to buy one. I would have loved one.
There were times in my life I suffered from "toy envy" and when I was about 5 and Julie B had a fantastic rocking horse which I wanted to ride forever, lo and behold Santa let me down and I never got one no matter how much I prayed on Christmas Eve.
Then there was Karen C with her wonderful big dolls house which opened at the front to show each room fitted out with opulent furniture and a family of dolls which inhabited such a wonderful dream home and yet again Santa failed to come up trumps.
Last but not least, by the age of 8 it was Pauline R`s black patent shiny shoes with perfect bows on them which really got my heart racing. I`d look at my Tuf black lace ups and would have sold my marble collection, my brother`s lego, the dog`s squeaky toy, my Dad`s best suit and my Mum`s musical powder compact so as to own a pair !

Oh I loved Cabbage Patch dolls when they came out in the late 70`s but as a married woman and with 2 young sons (the 3rd arrived 11 years later), no daughters and no much younger sisters I never had a reason to buy one. I would have loved one.
There were times in my life I suffered from "toy envy" and when I was about 5 and Julie B had a fantastic rocking horse which I wanted to ride forever, lo and behold Santa let me down and I never got one no matter how much I prayed on Christmas Eve.
Then there was Karen C with her wonderful big dolls house which opened at the front to show each room fitted out with opulent furniture and a family of dolls which inhabited such a wonderful dream home and yet again Santa failed to come up trumps.
Last but not least, by the age of 8 it was Pauline R`s black patent shiny shoes with perfect bows on them which really got my heart racing. I`d look at my Tuf black lace ups and would have sold my marble collection, my brother`s lego, the dog`s squeaky toy, my Dad`s best suit and my Mum`s musical powder compact so as to own a pair !
Your tales are wonderful. Have you started writing that book, screenplay or 'Talking Heads' monologue yet?

Latest posts

Back