Focus on Fitness TSV 21/01/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Powerfit Vibrating Fitness Plate with Resistance Bands TSV TSV 21/01/20 (been one previously & sold out & Was £189 Previosly)
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.402458

Fitness TSV 1.jpg

Fitness TSV 2.jpg

Fitness TSV 3.jpg

Fitness TSV 4.jpg

Fitness TSV 5.jpg

I have something similar and love it.

I'm still overweight and unfit but I forgive myself that as I do have a nerve condition that stops bits of my body working (or causes bits to work too ****** much). This is the only bit of "exercise equipment" I can use without my foot causing me pain and problems. I rarely use the bands as my balance has gone and using them is a bit dangerous for me (it's not far to fall but I've broken bones from a 4" drop before now).

However, although it's not cardio, it does actually make me sweat and I do feel different getting off it. I've read a few studies saying it's good to at least keep your bone density up even if it doesn't improve it. I go on it for short bursts and contract muscles so I'm working against it. My physio is pleased with my "progress" so I'm happy it's been money fairly well spent.

If you know you want to do something basic but don't want to get off your bum to exercise properly you might like this. If you're willing to do the exercises that are recc'd for it, it's also a good buy.

Something I'd not thought of before buying was how much it would benefit the pelvic floor. I have a continence nurse who's well-pleased with the strength I've retained since using it, though you do have to make sure your muscles are engaged while using. I used to use an electronic pelvic floor exerciser as only one side of me works properly but since menopause and HRT problems I've had to put it aside for a while. This has been useful to use in the meantime as it intensifies exercises like the Bridge etc.

Just thought I'd chime in with my thoughts if anyone was on the fence about it.

ETA: I've recently developed Restless Legs Syndrome (****** horrid thing btw), along with the constant growing pains I get in my legs due to fibromyalgia (helped enormously with SBC arnica gel and a magnesium supplement). Two minutes on this does help relieve that awful crawling feeling - if RLS is a permanent part of my future this will be something I'll replace quick sharp if it dies.

I'm still overweight and unfit but I forgive myself that as I do have a nerve condition that stops bits of my body working (or causes bits to work too ****** much). This is the only bit of "exercise equipment" I can use without my foot causing me pain and problems. I rarely use the bands as my balance has gone and using them is a bit dangerous for me (it's not far to fall but I've broken bones from a 4" drop before now).

However, although it's not cardio, it does actually make me sweat and I do feel different getting off it. I've read a few studies saying it's good to at least keep your bone density up even if it doesn't improve it. I go on it for short bursts and contract muscles so I'm working against it. My physio is pleased with my "progress" so I'm happy it's been money fairly well spent.

If you know you want to do something basic but don't want to get off your bum to exercise properly you might like this. If you're willing to do the exercises that are recc'd for it, it's also a good buy.

Something I'd not thought of before buying was how much it would benefit the pelvic floor. I have a continence nurse who's well-pleased with the strength I've retained since using it, though you do have to make sure your muscles are engaged while using. I used to use an electronic pelvic floor exerciser as only one side of me works properly but since menopause and HRT problems I've had to put it aside for a while. This has been useful to use in the meantime as it intensifies exercises like the Bridge etc.

ETA: I've recently developed Restless Legs Syndrome (****** horrid thing btw), along with the constant growing pains I get in my legs due to fibromyalgia (helped enormously with SBC arnica gel and a magnesium supplement). Two minutes on this does help relieve that awful crawling feeling - if RLS is a permanent part of my future this will be something I'll replace quick sharp if it dies.

Very helpful, honest post.xxx

Powerfit Vibrating Fitness Plate with Resistance Bands
Item Number: 402458
QVC Price £288.00
Todays Special Value Price £189.96
P&P £9.95

The Powerfit Vibrating Fitness Plate features multi-directional, oscillating vibration technology to help engage your muscles and promote a fitter, more toned body in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle. Complete with a variety of different settings, a handy remote control and two resistance bands to help you work out your arms, this plate will help you to tone up in the comfort of your own home, whether you're a complete beginner or looking to enhance your fitness routine.

Make your work out smarter - upgrade your fitness regime with this clever plate, which vibrates up to 50 times a second, helping to target all areas of your body and give your muscles a work-out as you stand on it. Used in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise, this plate can promote a fitter, more toned body. Just three minutes a day, four times a week is recommended.

Tone up anywhere - with its portable, compact design, this fitness plate allows you to use it anywhere, whether you're watching TV, listening to music or even working at a standing desk. With so many opportunities to use it, you'll find less excuses not to work out and you won't always have to go to the gym.

Easy and safe - the fitness plate offers you a non-impact method of training that's gentle on your joints, ankles and hips, making it a safe work out method that won't strain your body. Its tactile remote control also makes it effortless to use, as you have all the controls in the palm of your hand, plus you can monitor your progress with it.

What's in the box?

1 x Powerfit Vibrating Fitness Plate
2 x resistance bands
1 x workout guide
1 x 1 year manufacturer's guarantee

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.402458

RLS is a nightmare, and I don't get it constantly or as severely as many do. My worst is on flights. Fortunately I don't fly very often or very far these days! You massively have my sympathy in getting this.

This looks and sounds very similar to the Vibrapower that Ideal World do. I'm sure I flicked over to their channel one day in the last week to see the lovely (!) Peter Simon touting one. The range is here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/search/vibrapower

Your post is great food for thought (bone density maintenance, and pelvic floor strengthening are both issues of importance for all people as they age... even men!).

RLS is a nightmare, and I don't get it constantly or as severely as many do. My worst is on flights. Fortunately I don't fly very often or very far these days! You massively have my sympathy in getting this.

This looks and sounds very similar to the Vibrapower that Ideal World do. I'm sure I flicked over to their channel one day in the last week to see the lovely (!) Peter Simon touting one. The range is here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/search/vibrapower

Your post is great food for thought (bone density maintenance, and pelvic floor strengthening are both issues of importance for all people as they age... even men!).

I heard that supplementing with potassium helps with restless legs as well as magnesium.
Also I saw the vibrating board in Lidl just after xmas for something like £69, QVC price is very high, I got mine on IW for half of that some years ago, forget to use it though.

I would be very interested to know how noisy these things are. I live in a flat, and very noisy appliances are a nightmare.

I would be very interested to know how noisy these things are. I live in a flat, and very noisy appliances are a nightmare.

Mine is very quiet - and very heavy. That's probably why it's so quiet. It's also a really ugly lump of a thing. I can't remember what brand it is but I'll check it out and post back tomorrow.

It's on a downstairs floor that isn't solid but my partner can't feel any vibrations if he stands next to me barefoot while I'm on it. You can get vibration absorption mats if you give it a go and it is a bit noisy.

I'd love a neighbour like you. You sound really considerate. Considerate people are pretty rare around here!

Thanks for the sympathy - a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear always helps.

I heard that supplementing with potassium helps with restless legs as well as magnesium.
Also I saw the vibrating board in Lidl just after xmas for something like £69, QVC price is very high, I got mine on IW for half of that some years ago, forget to use it though.

I've been using magnesium oil or take supplements for the (lifelong) growing pains I get, though I usually just take painkillers and slap on the arnica for a quick fix. SBC arnica works quicker for me and I can use it more frequently than ibuprofen gel. I'd hoped it would have helped but it doesn't. I never thought I'd have something worse than them but RLS is the pits. At least I can sleep through pain but I'm losing sleep to RLS and it's killing me.

I've had a problem with my kidneys recently that the doc has put down to raised potassium. She thinks it's due to Naproxen so taken me off them and has me on a low potassium diet at the moment so you've probably hit the nail on the head. Thanks for that. I'll ring the surgery on Monday. I'll be lucky to get an appointment or even a telephone consult but it's worth a try to see if I can go back to normal at least.

Latest posts

Back