For Heaven's Sake Alexis!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
I have just tuned on to QVC while waiting to watch fashion outlet at 3 pm and L'Occitane is on .

I just felt so embarrassed to see Alexis sitting so unladylike with her dress up as much as it will go, and if that was not bad enough, she had her legs apart as well:puke:.

It is no point to pretend to look and speak posh, (snooty in my opinion) or look as a well brought up woman, and then to sit like that.

Every little girl has been told at a young age to sit "like a lady" if her mother saw her sitting with her legs apart, especially if she is wearing a dress or a skirt.

Even if not, almost all of us know that we do not sit like that, unless one is in the "birthing pool"!!:doh:

This problem with Alexis has been mentioned here before.

I know some QVC guys look in here sometimes, I hope someone finds a way to inform Alexis that it is not the way to sit in front of a monitor:mysmilie_10:

I don't like Alexis attitude, all condescending and somewhat aggressive. She could've been sitting with her skirt up by her waist but QVC would never tell her, I mean look at the "qualified" beauty presenter, the woman has been on QVC for over twenty odd years and STILL! doesn't know which camera to look at, but will anyone tell her? absolutely not, they'd sooner her look like a right idiot than potentially upset her by pointing it out, and that's why over twenty years later, she still doesn't get it. I've even seen Chuntley and Claire Sutton almost fall out of their dresses and flash their boobs to the nation (or the couple of thousand viewers) no one tells them that either, so Alexis will just carry on with her skirt riding higher, there must be a sign in the studio that's been there since day one that states "do not! upset the presenters/guests" and every employee must swear an oath to it.

Maybe she thinks by doing a Sharon Stone scene from Basic Instinct that she`ll flog a lot more products especially to the menfolk ?

Let's just hope she doesn't forget to put her drawers on!! I think they all see themselves as an exclusive little club.In reality I find them on the whole unimpressive and very rude on many occasions. Not the kind of people I would ever want to associate with.

I don't like Alexis attitude, all condescending and somewhat aggressive. She could've been sitting with her skirt up by her waist but QVC would never tell her, I mean look at the "qualified" beauty presenter, the woman has been on QVC for over twenty odd years and STILL! doesn't know which camera to look at, but will anyone tell her? absolutely not, they'd sooner her look like a right idiot than potentially upset her by pointing it out, and that's why over twenty years later, she still doesn't get it. I've even seen Chuntley and Claire Sutton almost fall out of their dresses and flash their boobs to the nation (or the couple of thousand viewers) no one tells them that either, so Alexis will just carry on with her skirt riding higher, there must be a sign in the studio that's been there since day one that states "do not! upset the presenters/guests" and every employee must swear an oath to it.

I am glad someone else does not like Alexis, shopperholic, I have never taken to her, she appears too arrogant and snooty for my liking.
She speaks like a spoilt /petulant child and she does talk down to some of the presenters, as if they are far beneath her and like she is doing a great favour talking to them.:dull:

I have not seen anyone other than Alexis flogging them on QVC .

I used to buy quite a lot of L'Occitane and I do like their bath products and soaps but I have not bought anything for a while because I can't be bothered to see or listen to her. I still watch their TSV and I think their hand and foot creams are quite good.

If you go into their high street shops, the sales girls are quite nice and some places offer a hand or foot mini massage, and you are not obliged to buy the product.
I had one of them(hand massage) at York and it was so good.

Maybe she thinks by doing a Sharon Stone scene from Basic Instinct that she`ll flog a lot more products especially to the menfolk ?
Sharon Stone had class, she did it so fast, you missed it and then sat so elegantly with crossed legs ....whereas this one was looking vulgar.:mysmilie_11:

I didn't see the earlier show but now she is in a short cream lace dress but her legs have been firmly together and she has had a towel across her lap(preserving her modesty!). I wonder if it just rode up unexpectedly before, some fabrics do that. I expect she will let it all go now I have said that!

Oh yes, the towel has just gone! Legs still together though. :happy:

I didn't see her today but when she was last on, a few weeks ago I did wonder if she was pregnant.

When Alexis was struck down with pneumonia (think it was that or something equally nasty) they had another girl standing in for her... someone I saw and talked to at the Beauty Bash 2014, I think. Very nice. Still rather posh sounding, but not that drawl that Alexis has. Alexis wasn't at QVC for the Beauty excellence Awards this time either. Another girl (Julie, Julia?) collected the award on behalf of L'Occitane.

I do get rather annoyed with Alexis. Having seemingly cured herself of talking about Berga-MONT, she has a new mispronounciation at hand.... In the grasse scents there is one called Green Tea and Bigarade.... now that second word is BIG-a-rad... until Alexis gets there and starts with the BIG-a-day. By her own admission she has worked for them for a Looong time, surely she should be familiar with the correct pronounciation of the product names?

Also, you would think that with a basin of water and a microphone, she would have the sense to take off those jingle-jangle bangles that clank and clatter against the bowl whenever she's washing her hands to demonstrate the superior soap or foaming bath/shower products.

I didn't see her today but when she was last on, a few weeks ago I did wonder if she was pregnant.
Yes I wondered that but reckon it must have been the cut of her top.

Those jangling bracelets! Honest to goodness, where else in broadcasting would that ever happen?????

Yes you would expect removal of items causing interference to be a basic action when demonstrating on live TV with a mic' so close. Being a "professional" of course. As to mispronounciation of the items.Surely as a presenter one would want to be sure of how to say the names of goods being sold.I would personally be embarrassed not to represent the brands accurately.

Yes I wondered that but reckon it must have been the cut of her top.

Those jangling bracelets! Honest to goodness, where else in broadcasting would that ever happen?????

None of them have seemingly seen the film Singin' in the Rain

I'm particularly thinking of the scenes where Lina Lamont plays with her jewellery and all you hear on the soundtrack is the clattering and clacking of beads... if you've seen the film as many times as I have, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

No-one can wash their hands as smugly as Alexis can. I don't know exactly what it is about her but I always want to slap her and call a silly ****** woman!

I thought I was the only one who finds her unbearably smug so I never watch the shows so never buy the overpriced shower gel.

None of them have seemingly seen the film Singin' in the Rain

I'm particularly thinking of the scenes where Lina Lamont plays with her jewellery and all you hear on the soundtrack is the clattering and clacking of beads... if you've seen the film as many times as I have, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Ha ha, I LOVE that film, one of my all-time faves and so true re the observation!!!!!

Off topic but do you think you are either a Gene Kelly or a Fred Astaire fan or can you be both?

Whilst I know GK is technically better it is FA who makes my heart sing as soon as I see him move.

(Can't wait for Strictly to start)

No-one can wash their hands as smugly as Alexis can. I don't know exactly what it is about her but I always want to slap her and call a silly ****** woman!

I totally agree, it's amazing how she even washes her hands in a superior way, almost with disdain that she has to stoop to such a low as washing her hands in the presence of 'peasants'!!!

Personally I can't stand Alexis, she's comes across as overbearingly snooty & those horrible jangling bracelets she insists on wearing are quite frankly a self-indulgent distracting rudeness I think!
I don't think she is remotely 'posh', wittering on about the 'childrens' bathroom' & how the products are such marvellous value! :dull:
I have known a fair few genuinely 'posh' people over the years, none of them as I recall have ever made their 'childrens' bathroom' a topic of conversation, probably because they don't have one, usually living in houses that have approximately 1-3 bathrooms less than they could do really do with!
They probably don't use horrendously priced shower products either, carbolic soap being more like it & I can recall at least a couple of people who I know for a fact washed with the same stuff they bathed the dogs in/washed the horses tails with!

:grin:

Latest posts

Back