Frank Usher Accessories TSV 11/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh God..The posh lady who’s representing the brand said ‘doesn’t cling’ just as the panned to it literally clinging to Gilly’s less than flat tummy .. it looked terrible on her.. bet she couldn’t wait to rip if off and put on some normal clothes!

June is a sweetie but living in another era. I imagine she has a subscription to Lady magazine.
When my children were little we would make up stories about the people who lived in the large Victorian & Edwardian houses that overlook our park. The girls' idea of being really posh was to have separate breakfast china, I think June probably has a breakfast set, summer & winter curtains & is very popular with all staff in the local independent shops where she lives.

She often talks about wearing gloves to the theatre (Probably long satin evening gloves)

Yet I don’t get the impression that she is wealthy rather a woman who has worked and supported herself just in a more gentile way than the rest of us, more independent delis rather than Tesco. I’ll bet she writes beautiful thank you letters after a dinner party.

Tuned in this morning and Gilly's gone up a size and now is in the XL it doesn't cling, but it looks like a baggy sack instead. The style looks great on the slimmer model where the ruching on the sides hugs the body and the tightness around the middle isn't an issue 'cause she has no unsightly lumps and bumps in which the fabric can cling to. Gilly said that"I was wearing large last night but now i'm in XL but if I'm honest I'd probably get away with wearing the medium."..yes love if you want to look like the Michelin man! If embellishment's your thing, then there's some quite nice pieces there and I have to say that it would be nice to be able to choose which two colours you bought instead of it being pre determined.

Rant alert.

They keep doing this and it's silly. They're trying to convince me that I'm not the fat lump the mirror shows, but that this garment (whatever it is) in a smaller size instantly turns me into a person who is actually daintier than I think and the fat lumps are gone. Dream on. Why would anyone want to turn themselves into a sausage skin? Put the models and presenters into the size that fits and flatters and tell us what it is. There's no shame in being a 3xl, an xs or whatever. We are what we are and we should celebrate diversity. Don't try to change me and charge me for the privilege.

Rant over.

Rant alert.

They keep doing this and it's silly. They're trying to convince me that I'm not the fat lump the mirror shows, but that this garment (whatever it is) in a smaller size instantly turns me into a person who is actually daintier than I think and the fat lumps are gone. Dream on. Why would anyone want to turn themselves into a sausage skin? Put the models and presenters into the size that fits and flatters and tell us what it is. There's no shame in being a 3xl, an xs or whatever. We are what we are and we should celebrate diversity. Don't try to change me and charge me for the privilege.

Rant over.

Interesting rant and I agree, and it's as though they don't care what you buy, whether it fits or not just buy. They bang on about the mbg knowing that a lot of people won't bother to return stuff anyway. Most of the stuff they sell is totally shapeless and actually "flatters" nobody, and as for "fits" as far as they're concerned as long as you can squeeze yourself into it - it fits! The "twice round the gasworks" stretchy polyester they use for everything from waistbands to sleeves will accommodate anything you put into it - So what they're essentially saying is "It doesn't matter what size you are or what size you buy...you're gonna look sh*t in in anyway..so might as well give yourself a morale boost by buying it in a size small!

Lets face it, the clothes are cheap and made in China/Vietnam. The sort of stuff that Boho and the throwaway fashion thats been in the news lately. It will never fit 'right' unless you have the figure of Twiggy, so the £20 - £40 price point you pay, you may as well give directly to the charity shop, that will end up having the top anyway.

I've never worn 'couture', in fact I don't think I know anyone who does.
I think June worked for FU when it was couture but that sort of style is for red carpet only now. In the 70‘s if you were going to a posh affair (and lots were posh as people treated going to a dinner dance as special) we did wear posh frocks but now if you don’t wear ripped jeans and show your belly you have dressed up posh.

Last friday, pleasant, not overly warm, in Marks I saw a mother (of a teenager ) dressed in skin tight jeans with a skin tight top with her mid drift totally bare. A bit OTT for getting a pork chop!

She often talks about wearing gloves to the theatre (Probably long satin evening gloves)

Yet I don’t get the impression that she is wealthy rather a woman who has worked and supported herself just in a more gentile way than the rest of us, more independent delis rather than Tesco. I’ll bet she writes beautiful thank you letters after a dinner party.
Sure that she used to be a Model

Sure that she used to be a Model
You're right. I found this from many moons ago -
'June Poster Development Director, Frank Usher Group
June Poster started her career in the fashion industry as a catwalk model and joined Frank Usher in the late seventies and over the years has been an integral part of the brand's continuing success.
June has developed five businesses, under license, and promotes her fashion jewellery on the QVC shopping channel.She also puts on spectacular fashion shows at Wentworth, Cliveden, The Grosvenor House Hotel, The Grand and Ashdown Park.
She is a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Marketors, which promotes excellence in marketing practice and education and supports the interest of the City'.

Well, given those locations, she clearly does mix with the elite, not exactly local leisure centres are they ! And if IT IS her own jewellery business, then selling under the Frank Usher name (which is their only involvement), she no doubt has to pay them to use it.

Many of these familiar respected companies from the past now pop up with merchandise far removed from the original in both design and quality.The only link with the original Frank Usher brand is the name irrespective of how many times June drops ‘couture’ into the conversation.

Latest posts

Back