"Free" postage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bunnytown

Registered Shopper
So now TJC are charging £4.99 postage unless you subscribe for "free" postage at £7 per month. It arrives the next day but so what? If I order something I don't actually care if it takes a few days to arrive. I find it offensive that a shopping channel expects me to sign up to them for a monthly fee. It may suit some people who buy endless products every month, but for everyone else it's a shameless scam. Well, I won't be bothering with them any more, so much for under £10 day!

So now TJC are charging £4.99 postage unless you subscribe for "free" postage at £7 per month. It arrives the next day but so what? If I order something I don't actually care if it takes a few days to arrive. I find it offensive that a shopping channel expects me to sign up to them for a monthly fee. It may suit some people who buy endless products every month, but for everyone else it's a shameless scam. Well, I won't be bothering with them any more, so much for under £10 day!
£84 a year for something you may, or may not even use, not something I'd sign up for! Though I've just had a look at the website and put a couple of things in the basket, then deleted them. One item was £2.99 p&p, another postage was £4.99 and they said it was capped at £5.99. Didn't see anything about this, even so I guess it would be worth it for people who literally spend every penny they have (or don't have) on tjc. A few years ago my catalogue ran a scheme when you paid a fee of £10 and it gave you free delivery for a year..it was brilliant and I really missed it when it expired..they never repeated the offer. Despite using my catalogue on a regular basis, I wouldn't be happy to pay a large amount, cause I may or may not want to use it and I don't like the idea of paying money for nothing!

But Amazon have tens of thousands of people who pay £7-99 per month for free postage.

And if you're not EXTREMELY careful when you buy something from them, you find that you have been signed up for it.

Amazon try every trick to get you to sign up to Prime. It’s free until the charges kick in . I find most items turn up within a few days even when they say it will be a week.
TJC may as well say it’s a subscription.it’s only a good deal if you buy loads.

Latest posts

Back