Freebies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucky Craig, he has been given both options of the MB TSV to unbox at home. He has posted 2 videos on his blog. Whilst it might help some people decide to buy it it’s completely lost on me. He irritates me beyond belief and of course he needs a special unboxing ceremony having no previous knowledge of MB products. I’ll buy direct from Molton Brown when I need to and buy exactly what I like. For me it is very reassuring that I am not contributing to his huge salary. I hope that all these freebies are making him very happy. I wonder who else will need to try this brand at home, have they not come across Molton Brown before?

Did he not “unbox” a couple of MB sets a couple of months back? Derr!!! Pointless - ****** good luck to ‘em- saying this because up to last year our company would give us a jolly good bonus every year which would pay for home improvements, holidays, and other stuff. Ok if they get other perks - I don’t wanna know- but if these freebies are an equivalent to a annual bonus - ok . Oh’s company give an annual bonus too. .. but I guess we’re just lucky.

I left this comment under Cragies Molton Brown unboxing video....

Thank you so much for the Molton Brown TSV videos, I have been mulling over buying one of these, I missed out on the Christmas Molton Brown TSV because I had been furloughed and with the expense of the festive season the funds were not available, but this is a brand I've always wanted to try...but which should I go for?

I remember you unboxing both selections of the Christmas TSV and if you have had to replenish your bath products within a few weeks of stocking up with several bottles of this brand it shows that the products do not last very long, and are not great value for money, which is a shame because I'm sure they smell wonderful.

Thank's again, but it's a no from me, I won't be purchasing.

I wonder if it will get posted?

The scale of freebies they receive go way beyond even a generous annual bonus. They amount to excessive weekly bonuses which cannot be justified. Yes, Craig etc need all these freebies in order to sell them, that’s what they are saying now. If that’s the case then in my opinion they are not up to job. Ridiculous, desperate, greedy people.

Why do they need to justify them? It’s a perk of the job and lucky them, I say. We all love a freebie. Would you turn them down if they were part of your job? I very much doubt it. I know I wouldn’t.

Perhaps qvc could collect all the samples from the presenters once the products have been shown and then list them online as ex demo, slightly used items. Viewers could then tick which they’d be interested in and there could be a monthly draw for the items which would be sent out for only the p&p costs. It would be great PR and great for customers too.

Because they are smug gits and at the end of the day the customer always pays.

We know that Tesco employees get a discount and possible free overstock items but how would you feel if you were in Tesco and the lady on the floor was demonstrating stuffing the most expensive chocolates (full box) down her throat while you were trying to shop. Or when at the till every time a pack of sirloin steak goes through she stood up and shouted that she had it free last night for her supper.

Or in a garden centre if you go to buy an expensive patio set for £500 and the sales person insisted on showing you his photos of him lounging on the one he got for nothing. Or in Curries the man selling a £2000 surround sound top of the range TV tells you he watches the match every Saturday on the same one he got for diddly squat.

I think not.

Its not a free mug or a meal out, it’s vacuums and TVs at hundreds of pounds which is sticking in our guts.

Because they are smug gits and at the end of the day the customer always pays.

We know that Tesco employees get a discount and possible free overstock items but how would you feel if you were in Tesco and the lady on the floor was demonstrating stuffing the most expensive chocolates (full box) down her throat while you were trying to shop. Or when at the till every time a pack of sirloin steak goes through she stood up and shouted that she had it free last night for her supper.

Or in a garden centre if you go to buy an expensive patio set for £500 and the sales person insisted on showing you his photos of him lounging on the one he got for nothing. Or in Curries the man selling a £2000 surround sound top of the range TV tells you he watches the match every Saturday on the same one he got for diddly squat.

I think not.

Its not a free mug or a meal out, it’s vacuums and TVs at hundreds of pounds which is sticking in our guts

You couldn’t have made that any clearer. That just about sums it up.

Why do they need to justify them? It’s a perk of the job and lucky them, I say. We all love a freebie. Would you turn them down if they were part of your job? I very much doubt it. I know I wouldn’t.
Freebies on top of generous staff discounts is on a different scale, imo. In most companies these sort of gifts, especially over £50 value have to be declared and cannot be kept.

I left this comment under Cragies Molton Brown unboxing video....

Thank you so much for the Molton Brown TSV videos, I have been mulling over buying one of these, I missed out on the Christmas Molton Brown TSV because I had been furloughed and with the expense of the festive season the funds were not available, but this is a brand I've always wanted to try...but which should I go for?

I remember you unboxing both selections of the Christmas TSV and if you have had to replenish your bath products within a few weeks of stocking up with several bottles of this brand it shows that the products do not last very long, and are not great value for money, which is a shame because I'm sure they smell wonderful.

Thank's again, but it's a no from me, I won't be purchasing.

I wonder if it will get posted?
Well done you - it's there in all its glory.

I'm furloughed, I work in a non-essential shop but in my opinion what we sell, books, arts and crafts are essential to many peoples mental health.
Sorry I had for one mad moment thought Craig and Co had been furloughed - imagine the shock of having to pay yourself for all the luxury items they are all so fond of bragging about.

If they were just simple perks of the job, then it wouldn't be necessary for them to splash them all over their various blogs for customers to see. Personally, I don't think that the presenters need to justify them. The company needs to justify their sky high prices, ridiculous p&p charges, bad deals, and the general shoddy way they treat their customers. So yeah, they might let you "trial" a £300 hairdryer, but they'll charge you £25 to return - and they seem not to have any qualms about sending used goods out as new. They're really not very customer centric, and seeing our presenters repeatedly unboxing goodies supposedly to help us is as best misguided, especially in these times when so many people are struggling financially. I've stopped shopping with Q and it's not cause of the freebies, it's because they're overpriced, and a lot of the stuff they sell now (especially fashion) is crap!

If they were just simple perks of the job, then it wouldn't be necessary for them to splash them all over their various blogs for customers to see. Personally, I don't think that the presenters need to justify them. The company needs to justify their sky high prices, ridiculous p&p charges, bad deals, and the general shoddy way they treat their customers. So yeah, they might let you "trial" a £300 hairdryer, but they'll charge you £25 to return - and they seem not to have any qualms about sending used goods out as new. They're really not very customer centric, and seeing our presenters repeatedly unboxing goodies supposedly to help us is as best misguided, especially in these times when so many people are struggling financially. I've stopped shopping with Q and it's not cause of the freebies, it's because they're overpriced, and a lot of the stuff they sell now (especially fashion) is crap!
I’m glad to hear you’ve stopped shopping with them. That’s the best way. As for qvc, as long as people keep buying, they’ll keep selling.

There are perks and there are “perks” I wouldn’t call a £500 Kitchenaid a perk, I’d call that a weeks wages, four Kitchenaids given to four presenters presenting a TSV I’d call that obscene, especially when they could trial it in the QVC canteen were they no doubt serve salmon and Beluga Caviar.

I too have well stopped shopping with QVC, stopped about eight years ago now and IW is my shopping tv of choice, today I was well and truly gobsmacked, I ordered this https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/lakeland-leather-fairfield-cross-body-bag-809807?query=fh_view_size=24&fh_location=%2f%2fidealworld%2fen_GB%2f%24s%3dlakeland&fh_sort=-_match_rate%2c-onair_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-salescash_iw&v=000~IVN. at 10am, at 12 it said despatched and at 4pm it’s with Hermes on its way. They must’ve despatched it before I’d ordered it.

Surely his sister/niece/granny needs one?

I see he claims he wasn’t given a bread maker “I haven’t had one to try at home, but I did have a little play with it in the QVC kitchen” well seeing that a bead maker takes between 90 mins to 3 hours what did a “little play” prove ?

Those of us who have worked in sales know there are none of these freebies and anything from the shop I bought with the normal staff discount (I think it was about 10%). Are all these freebies reported on tax returns? How does QVC account for their depreciation after use? - demo model? How long can sales people keep them before they have to return these "gifts" to QVC or to the outlets? Or is there no time limit, just one long loan? If so, is there a written contract?

Latest posts

Back