Freebies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see fiona brackenbury has the TSV from skinsence maked as Ad pr gifted šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Donā€™t watch beauty shows but is /was she not the BA for one of the other big skincare brands for decades? Did she leave recently? Surely she has enough stocks of her own brand without needing freebies of another. I suppose Andrew Begley will be getting Dyson freebies next.

I know that brands do the pr bit, but what I object to is fiona also recieved the TSV last week now this TSV. my grumble is how manyTSVs do these people receive or need? How much product can one person use? I honestly don't believe she would give a bad review after receiving such a substantial freebie and would praise the product regardless of whether it worked or not. Not only this, you really need to use products for a period of time to see any real results, I like fiona she is very knowledgeable and gives sound advice.
Prior to finding all of you lovely peeps I would have taken the presenter at their word and presumed that they, like me, had purchased the item....I was so naive!
After finding this site and reading the comments it's made me think twice about my own shopping habits, especially from QVC, thank you all for bringing me back down to earth. I would prefer it if QVC sent a selection of their customers the same TSVs and offered them the same opportunity, I would like to hear their reviews. I would rather hear what Beryl from Bristol has to say than a z list influencer. Better still, stop the freebies altogether. I work for the NHS we are grateful if we receive a packet of biscuits šŸ˜Š
If you want your eyes opened further then go look on Instagram at beauty bloggers, make up artists etc......and see what they get sent from brands and not just ones on Q.

I think that with the bloggers and influencers you know where you stand. With the QVC presenters I am left feeling uneasy. Maybe itā€™s the way they try to draw people in pretending to be their friends, wasted on me, maybe itā€™s the whole pretence around freebies, they are trying them out for our benefit, so that they can do their job etc. For me it smacks of, dare I say it, dishonesty. They are not helping the customer, they are helping themselves to loads of free and often very high priced products. It doesnā€™t present them in a good light, it makes them look desperate and greedy Ultimately itā€™s not good for their professional profiles. When their QVC dream job ends how will they have come out of it? People will be laughing at YouTube videos of them making fools of themselves and that will serve them right.

If you want your eyes opened further then go look on Instagram at beauty bloggers, make up artists etc......and see what they get sent from brands and not just ones on Q.
Instagram was where I seen fiona and model ali showing off their 'gifted' TSVs. I have a monthly subscription to glossybox and have bought their advent calendar for several years but I have bought my final advent calendar from them, I paid a lot of money for the privilege of receiving this item but it really made me angry to see all the free ones they sent out to the 'influencers'. Gggrrrr rant over.

Why do they have samples of almost identical TSVs to 'trial'

For example Cragie had the Christmas Molton Brown TSV, a few weeks later he had another very similar Molton Brown TSV.

What did he learn from the second set that he didn't learn from the first set, apart from different fragrances, which the BA could describe, it still made bubbles in the bath and shower.

Why do they have samples of almost identical TSVs to 'trial'

For example Cragie had the Christmas Molton Brown TSV, a few weeks later he had another very similar Molton Brown TSV.

What did he learn from the second set that he didn't learn from the first set, apart from different fragrances, which the BA could describe, it still made bubbles in the bath and shower.
He learnt once again how to keep his money in his savings account whilst trying to encourage us to spend ours. Oh, Craig you know we are smarter than that. We are onto what you and your friends are doing.

I left this comment under Cragies Molton Brown unboxing video....

Thank you so much for the Molton Brown TSV videos, I have been mulling over buying one of these, I missed out on the Christmas Molton Brown TSV because I had been furloughed and with the expense of the festive season the funds were not available, but this is a brand I've always wanted to try...but which should I go for?

I remember you unboxing both selections of the Christmas TSV and if you have had to replenish your bath products within a few weeks of stocking up with several bottles of this brand it shows that the products do not last very long, and are not great value for money, which is a shame because I'm sure they smell wonderful.

Thank's again, but it's a no from me, I won't be purchasing.

I wonder if it will get posted?

I ignore influencers, bloggers and celebrities. If I want something then I buy it because I like it, not because someone is telling me that I canā€™t live without it.

I have to laugh at these young toothy things like Mrs Hinch (?) who tells the world (stop press!) that bicarb of soda and vinegar can be used "for all sorts of cleaning things". Then there's that other toothy madam Stacy Solomon who hangs up bags of crisps in a cupboard, and tells us how to be tidy. Give me strength.
Talk about inventing the wheel.

How many of us on here could teach the likes of these a thing or two about life, its shortcuts, recycling and saving money. Perhaps we're at fault by not jumping on the marketing bandwagon first and making loadsamoney šŸ¤­ šŸ¤­

DF said on the prelaunch that she had "bought" today's TSV, but Julien Macdonald actually said that Q had sent him 2 free ones, otherwise he would have to buy them himself (even though they are "his" own products).
I am sure Debbie did buy it because with her staff discount it was quite inexpensive. Monitor her and see how many of the more expensive products she will make a point of saying she has bought. Over a certain price they become samples/trying out at home.
Apparently the QVC stylist lends them jewellery to wear. What do they do with the jewellery they have been wearing for a month?

DF said on the prelaunch that she had "bought" today's TSV, but Julien Macdonald actually said that Q had sent him 2 free ones, otherwise he would have to buy them himself (even though they are "his" own products).
I caught 6 seconds of him this morning and thought I was imagining it when I heard him say ā€œI was sent 3, the x one is in my window .... the z one is .....

My first thought is why do you need these sent -surely since they are your product you donā€™t have to wait for Q to send them to you.

I have to laugh at these young toothy things like Mrs Hinch (?) who tells the world (stop press!) that bicarb of soda and vinegar can be used "for all sorts of cleaning things". Then there's that other toothy madam Stacy Solomon who hangs up bags of crisps in a cupboard, and tells us how to be tidy. Give me strength.
Talk about inventing the wheel.

How many of us on here could teach the likes of these a thing or two about life, its shortcuts, recycling and saving money. Perhaps we're at fault by not jumping on the marketing bandwagon first and making loadsamoney šŸ¤­ šŸ¤­
But B are your crisp pegs colour co-ordinated?

I can take SS in very very very small doses but the Hinch woman - NO! Some of their tips are downright dangerous by mixing household products together.

Still both are a mile ahead of Ms Turner.

But B are your crisp pegs colour co-ordinated?

I can take SS in very very very small doses but the Hinch woman - NO! Some of their tips are downright dangerous by mixing household products together.

Still both are a mile ahead of Ms Turner.

I agree. She dreams up weird cleaning ideas like adding hot water to Zoflora at night to make the kitchen smell nice in the morning. Zoflora had to publish a statement asking people NOT to do that as it was dangerous. Duh. It's a disinfectant with a nice (I'm told) scent (I reacted within seconds of it being poured down my niece's drain so hit the road straight away). It's not meant to be used as an air freshener.

I did laugh when they had her on This Morning to see her pour vinegar down a sink that was smack in the middle of a set and Phil had to jump forward and tell her it wasn't plumbed in. Duh. Bit like the dimwit customer (middle-aged bloke not a child) who had a pee in a toilet that was dropped in the middle of our office that was clearly brand new and waiting to be installed.

Then there's the Lyndsey 'Queen of Clean' that also pops up on TM. EVERYTHING can be cleaned by half a lemon dipped in bicarb. Not hygienic, damaging to quite a few surfaces, might clean the surface off physically but sure as hell won't disinfect a chopping board like she states it will.

I can't believe they have her (and many others like the hairdresser they had on a few weeks ago who spouted a load of nonsense) on giving people advice. You think they'd check their facts first. Unless they just want an audience count by getting people popular on SM on the show.

Is there a cure for stupidity?

Did you read about the US woman who ordered hand made masks (for a baby shower I think)
Sold by the dozen but when received order she went ballastic complaining and bad mouthed the seller all over SM . It turns out she wanted 20 and still insists that ā€œa dozenā€ is not 12 but 20. It was so bad the seller had to look dozen up in dictionary to confirm to herself that she wasnā€™t going mad!

Did you read about the US woman who ordered hand made masks (for a baby shower I think)
Sold by the dozen but when received order she went ballastic complaining and bad mouthed the seller all over SM . It turns out she wanted 20 and still insists that ā€œa dozenā€ is not 12 but 20. It was so bad the seller had to look dozen up in dictionary to confirm to herself that she wasnā€™t going mad!
Daft bint, I hope she wasn't the prospective mother, the world doesn't need her genes being passed to the next generation

Latest posts

Back