Freebies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Being a meanie I'd love to see one of the tat peddlers write a gushing post about the beauty product they were 'trialling' only to suffer a severe reaction. Obviously not life threatening, just a big red face, peeling skin, bag over head & weeks until back to normal reaction 🤣🤣🤣
Or looking like a sack of spuds in some polyester "designer" outfit. Oops, too late!

DId Pipa miss out on the freebie Dyson hair products as her hair on LR 7pm show is bliddy awful. I know we all have lockdown hair but she used to say she cut her own hair when it was short.
She must think she hasn’t a problem
Here she is asking if Claire has booked her appointment at the hairdressers
🤭🙄😮
So what are you implying there Miss know it all Pipa?

View video at 1.40

Pippa has got the Dyson hair products, she has said previously she can’t live without them. I noticed how bad her hair has looked, and I expect that’s why she’s had it cut. So much for long term use of Dyson! I (stupidly) bought the hairdryer when it was a TSV a couple of years ago, and have found after long term use the condition of my hair has suffered. As a retired hairdresser I don’t rate it at all. It’s too small for me, more like one of those travel dryers.Now gone back to using my trusty old Babyliss.

I'm completely the opposite. My hair looked and felt a lot better after a few weeks with my Dyson.

GHDs completely wrecked my hair but my Steampod, despite being used at the same heat and with the same products improved the condition so much over the course of a month my hairdresser was quite shocked. She's since recommended them to all her straightening clients.

I've not been feeling great recently so I used a Revlon One-Step hot air styler that I'd had given to me several years ago that had been loitering in my junk cupboard. I started drying the front with a brush and my Dyson and the back with the Revlon.

What a shocking difference in condition over the last three weeks! Although the Revlon initially makes it look lovely - all bouncy and shiny like a hair ad - the following morning it's dull and frizzy. I'm gutted as apart from the results when I'm finished, it's so much easier to use than a brush and dryer.

Bemused and confused that the freebie merchants are held in such high esteem by so many,rather depressing really and queue jumping just about tops the lot,except for the competition fiasco.
The Q presenters benefit from parasocial relationships, just like on social media. It says as much about their fans as about the Q policy of getting presenters to seem like friends.

Debs Flint to quote her was compiling her own ‘fashion shopping list‘ last night with MW‘s Melissa. She was adding a Marla Wynne item and she quietly muttered that they were given an allowance!!! as they wear the clothing on air.
Well is that the same allowance ie the clothing that ‘Steiner The Stylist‘ she said before that she regularly gets them, that they are allowed to keep when Q are not selling anymore or add to the charity box.
Would that also be the ‘allowance‘ that when Catherine Goldsmith started she declared, that she’d opted to wear QVC dresses on air, so submitted her list and we would be seeing her wearing them in the coming weeks.
Would that also be the ‘allowance’ that a while back Alex Kramer was on and a fashion item she liked was selling really quickly and was complaining that she wouldn’t get hers. From what I can recall I think something like, she had before the show submitted her list of items she wanted ordering. Though now it was Friday evening and it wouldn’t be picked up and an order placed for her until Monday, by then this item would be sold out.

no wonder James Dyson has the most prestigious yacht, when people are willing to spend vast amounts on his goods. Keep going you are making sure he leaves your fortunes to his family. I still can’t believe anyone is willing to pay in excess of £400 for his hair items.

Attachments

• 4732E8C0-8044-422B-A5A1-6C5E2DC83079.jpeg
    4732E8C0-8044-422B-A5A1-6C5E2DC83079.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 63
Can’t believe anyone falls for the Dyson Abbi flannel it’s a f***ing hairdryer or straightener for gods sake!
Delboy must be close to opening a Market Stall,clothing and electrical etc,how many Ninjas can a woman need.
Surely the balcony is groaning plus freebie Craig can chip in with candles and gloop.
No income tax no vat Only Fools and Horses never was more true 💰

I have the hairdryer. My girls bought itfor me a couple of Christmases ago. Nothing special to be honest. Dries my hair no quicker at all despite the claims and I look like I have dragged through a hedge backwards when I am dry. I think I do more damage brushing out the knots and it does leave my hair full of static, another wild claim that is unsubstantiated. I prefer my old Babyliss.

I have the hairdryer. My girls bought itfor me a couple of Christmases ago. Nothing special to be honest. Dries my hair no quicker at all despite the claims and I look like I have dragged through a hedge backwards when I am dry. I think I do more damage brushing out the knots and it does leave my hair full of static, another wild claim that is unsubstantiated. I prefer my old Babyliss.
My GHD dryer's the same. I bought the cheapest one I could get my hands on because of the name, and it's the travel version. I paid £60 for it. On the plus size it packs a good punch for its size and folds up nicely into a drawstring bag, but it leaves my hair looking like a flaming haystack, as most hairdryers tend to. Could've saved some money and bought a cheapy that would've done the same job, and who knows I might've hit upon one that made my hair look lustrous and shiny! That's the thing we look at the name and automatically believe we're buying the Rolls Royce version of something. I rarely use a hairdryer anyway as my hair is long and straight and has no style. I tend to use it if I'm in a hurry to go out, or it's late and I want to go to bed with dry hair. When it comes to knots, I'd definitely invest in a tangle teaser brush, that's one thing I would say that it's worth spending a little more money on - They are brilliant!

Debs Flint to quote her was compiling her own ‘fashion shopping list‘ last night with MW‘s Melissa. She was adding a Marla Wynne item and she quietly muttered that they were given an allowance!!! as they wear the clothing on air.
Well is that the same allowance ie the clothing that ‘Steiner The Stylist‘ she said before that she regularly gets them, that they are allowed to keep when Q are not selling anymore or add to the charity box.
Would that also be the ‘allowance‘ that when Catherine Goldsmith started she declared, that she’d opted to wear QVC dresses on air, so submitted her list and we would be seeing her wearing them in the coming weeks.
Would that also be the ‘allowance’ that a while back Alex Kramer was on and a fashion item she liked was selling really quickly and was complaining that she wouldn’t get hers. From what I can recall I think something like, she had before the show submitted her list of items she wanted ordering. Though now it was Friday evening and it wouldn’t be picked up and an order placed for her until Monday, by then this item would be sold out.
I hope they declare this “allowance” to HMRC as a “perk” and pay tax on the value.

I know in some professions people can claim tax relief for clothing but I don’t think being a QVC presenter falls into that category.

I hope they declare this “allowance” to HMRC as a “perk” and pay tax on the value.

I know in some professions people can claim tax relief for clothing but I don’t think being a QVC presenter falls into that category.
Getting freebies when you can surely get a dress etc from the warehouse ???

I agree it's a perk and should be declared.

I am sure their accountants will claim it was a workplace essential and not a perk. Necessary for product evaluation, training, or some other bollox that let's them get away with taking freebies.

I used to claim tax allowance for my safety boots. I had to wear them, but had to buy them myself.
That is totally justified Strato. My OH has to wear steel toe caps and gets 1 pair a year isseud by the MOD. If he has to buy another, he can claim tax relif but he has never had to buy another pair.

HMRC would not have to dig to deep on some of the freebie merchants,it’s all out there because they freely brag about it on various social media.
Easy to find if they can be bothered 😕

I admire Ms Flints ability to multitask, she can lie through her teeth, smile in your face and stab you in the back all at the same time.
I can't stand flint!!! When she 1st started at qvc in 1993. I thought she was lovely. But now I can't bare her and change the channel when she is on. She is very hard sell imo. I wish she never came back to Q. Cos everything I have read is that people have the same view as me. She makes 😡😡😡 and I have rosacea 🙄🙄

You can see it now when dealing out the shifts..........

“Chuntley are you busy on the fourteenth’?
“what’s the TSV”?
“A mop and bucket”
“Ahh no sorry I’m busy that day Tommy’s trimming my bush”
“Oh ok, Debbie are you busy”?
“I was going to write a slutty novel tomorrow night but it only takes me ten minutes, go on then put me down for the fourteenth, fifteenth, sixteenth, seventeenth.........”
“Whoa ok Debbie, give our Craigy a chance, he hasn’t had a freebie for two days”

Yep, it’s all about the freebies.

Latest posts

Back