Friendly chat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi guys, i must admit ive kept well away from rocks for a while..much to the relief of my cc :54: the 'click' did make me feel very uncomfortable but if this forum is saying things are alot better there now i may pop back again, will anyone be watching tonight?, i may dip my toes in again lol

Hi guys, i must admit ive kept well away from rocks for a while..much to the relief of my cc :54: the 'click' did make me feel very uncomfortable but if this forum is saying things are alot better there now i may pop back again, will anyone be watching tonight?, i may dip my toes in again lol

Will anyone be watching tonight?? Rebeccab, do gems sparkle alluringly by candlelight?

We'll be there- that's a promise. ;)

just leave the one in your basket until you manage to nab the other, Tootsie, cos there seems to be no time limit. See my above post. ;)

I noticed your post Mrs James but thought that it was maybe some sort of a lucky glitch on your part. That's ace if I can do it that way, maybe even manage to get 2 bracelets cos now I have decided that I want one for me too lol.

I always want, my mum always said I want never gets, but this time she's gonna be wrong!

Hey guys,

glad to hear that the chat on Rocks is a fun place to be again. I've dipped my toes in just once or twice over the last week, ususally at the start of the auctions, before it gets crowded lol and i have to say it has been quite enjoyable. If you don't see me, it doesn't necessarily mean i'm not around hehehe - I'M WATCHING YOU!!!!:1: Haven't really been in over the weekend as have been doing the usual family visits etc etc, they've been asking where we've been for the past few of them :11: ahem!!!! Will hopefully pop in later to check out any potential bargains :1:

xxxx

:1: Please do drop in the chat it really is so much better and it's fun again honestly,
just say hi to us poor souls who cant break free from this addiction lol
sorry you were unwell Argey hope your better today and i will take your advice on our friend and let his questions etc pass me by as i find myself thinking this is a wind up and were being taken for mugs but in case I'm wronge I'll keep stum that way i cant get into trouble lol

I thought it was a wind up too, to be honest. I'm always wary of people on the internet who claim to be students and seem to know very little about anything, and students don't usually have quite so much cash to splash!! I've not been there long enough to suss anyone out, it's jsu first impressions, but I'll mind my own from now on :D

I thought it was a wind up too, to be honest. I'm always wary of people on the internet who claim to be students and seem to know very little about anything, and students don't usually have quite so much cash to splash!! I've not been there long enough to suss anyone out, it's jsu first impressions, but I'll mind my own from now on :D

I find this person a bit scary if they are as innocent as they make out but one thing is for sure their mass bidding is forcing prices up as clearly all they are trying to do is make the rest of us pay more. :33:

Hi Milly and Tootsie,

Thank you so much for taking my message in the right spirit. I was anxious about being misunderstood and adding to any rift, but just had to mention my suspicions. Even if its a wind-up how lonely and bored must the poor soul be to feel the need to do this, that alone must be worthy of some tolerance.

Realy, really looking forward to seeing you all now.

Luv Argey

I wasn't around last evening (footie and other commitments) until about the last fifteen minutes - can't believe I'd miss an evening where Carol auctioned over 130 items - bet you had some good bargains?
(I will be miffed if there were some cheap marcasite necklaces/bracelets to be had!! :tongue)

Can only guess who you are talking about - the person who asks question after question after question, each one dafter than the one before? :lol

Notice from looking at the catalogue earlier today that it has been mentioned on Chat that they have bid on 34 out of 48 auctions so far - hmmm not bad going!

Argey I never take things to seriously on the internet :D I'd be worried if he is autistic though, he could easily find himself compulsively bidding on things he can't really afford. But then again, I could too once I start :1: It's too easy sometimes!

Sara I wasn't on much as I was getting ready to go out, but I did see a fair few marcasite items! I didn't notice what price they went for as I was only glancing at the screen on my way past to see if the kama bracelet was on.

Sara I wasn't on much as I was getting ready to go out, but I did see a fair few marcasite items! I didn't notice what price they went for as I was only glancing at the screen on my way past to see if the kama bracelet was on.

:biggrin Thanks tootsie - although if I'm 100% honest I really should NOT be buying any more marcasite bracelets/necklaces but I somehow can't help myself .... there is another one on tonight in the catalogue that I've been lusting over the last few times it's been on ...... help!

Good luck on the kama bracelet front they do tend to have a bracelet and necklace on most nights and you can always request one for a particular hour (which is what I tend to do as I'm limited to when I can be online in the evenings)

Argey, I doubt very much whether our friend is autistic. He has said that he was buying for his mum and sister and now it appears he has a wife! He also says he's at Uni studying for some kind of business degree and is 25 years old. I have to say that I take ALL of this with a pinch of salt and I'm afraid don't believe any of it.

Unfortunately internet chat attracts Trolls. Rocks chat has had it's fair share of them and I suspect this is another. :33: Watch his bidding Argey and you'll see why he's becoming a little annoying - apart of course from the incessant absurd questions.

I don't mean any of the above to sound insensitive or harsh but the internet is a strange place and it attracts strange people! Just look at all of us on this forum!!!!! :54:

I haven't laughed so much in ages. I'm sorry but I still believe someone is not who they say they are, and the constant questions - well, enough said, or I'll be in trouble again:54:
:doggie:

oooh I love a good mystery :D will get me detective hat and coat on... :33:

Mmmm, know what you mean....but otherwise a good laugh. :)

However, I'm not adding to the comments in the chatbox. Keep it sweet, I say

however do you stay so disciplined? :1: you'd have to tape my arms up lol

as for the internet attracting weirdos - as they say, nowt so strange as folk...

Maybe an email to John or someone would be the best way to proceed if members truly feel that the individuals purpose is just to push up prices. He can then keep an eye on things and take whatever action he considers appropriate. Would be a shame for coments to be made on the chat as it would just cause another divide, and as has previously been said, if this person is a troll, the best way to deal is to ignore. If not, then no one is unduly or unwittingly making comments that are offensive to that individual. I am sure that none of us would ever want to do that. We are far too friendly a bunch to want to upset someone! :1:

Hi Meeshoo,

I completely understand why you feel the way you do, although autism precludes him from nothing such as uni, wife, etc. He could even be savant, though I too would doubt business studies as a choice. If he were savant maths or one of sciences would be more likely. I realise his bidding methods are a total pain and sometimes force prices up, its just that I've noticed when people make comments on the chat his bidding gets worse, so troll or genuine its best to say nought. If he is a troll he'll hopefully get as bored with himself as everybody else is :1:

As he does seem to be driving lots of you nuts, I will stop answering his questions and perhaps when he gets bored he can find a more appropriate site to chat. Just wish I knew fior sure either way, the I'd know better how to respond. I still think its sad though, as even being a troll is sad since life is so short.

Even though I'm sympathetic I didn't 'alf laugh at Carol's efforts at his name - "Oisyduck" being my favourite, lol.

I shall now keep shtum on the subject, as I suspect I'm now being boring too keep goin' on and on. :24: Please don't answer that onyone - lol.

See yers later.
Argey

Hi Sheffield Owl you must have been posting while I was writing.

Absolutely.

Argey

No worries Argey! It's sad that we should even be having this debate isn't it?

I agree though that if his questions remain unanswered and his bids are allowed to win he'll either be skint or fed up!!!

The best way to deal with this person is to ignore his stupid questions as much as possible and be polite..thats it! He will get bored when he dosent get wants out of us ie attention.

Latest posts

Back