Friendly chat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He/She got something for nothing as well the other day cos he/she had a bid for £0 on something that closed at zero, (happens occasionally) could be he/she's trying to get lucky again as well by bidding on everything.

He/She got something for nothing as well the other day cos he/she had a bid for £0 on something that closed at zero, (happens occasionally) could be he/she's trying to get lucky again as well by bidding on everything.

Really?! :tongue Hope it wasn't anything I have bought in the past! :lol

No wonder they bid on almost every single item then.

Was it a super speed auction?

Really?! :tongue Hope it wasn't anything I have bought in the past! :lol

No wonder they bid on almost every single item then.

Was it a super speed auction?

i'm not sure Sara, have never seen one. I don't know if its deliberate, they just close an auction immediately and whoever has the first bid gets it or if it was an error where they closed the auction while loading it.
Its happened to a few lucky people lol

i'm not sure Sara, have never seen one. I don't know if its deliberate, they just close an auction immediately and whoever has the first bid gets it or if it was an error where they closed the auction while loading it.

Ahhh I've seen a few where the auction has closed unexpectedly but never one for £0 - lucky, lucky! :lol

I don't think there is any malice intended with the bidding, I was just a bit worried they were getting a bit carried away and would land themselves in debt.

Ahhh I've seen a few where the auction has closed unexpectedly but never one for £0 - lucky, lucky! :lol

I won coral earrings for £1 yesterday :32: Carol was closing auctions fast!!

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=NA676

I don't think there is any malice intended with the bidding, I was just a bit worried they were getting a bit carried away and would land themselves in debt.

Nah they back off once the price has been forced up and the winner pays over the odds. Maybe not wicked but a darn pest. Cost me an extra couple of quid tonight with a daft bid that wasn't followed through as usual.

Wasn't expecting to win them at all my maxi bid was £6 - just got lucky calvin:1: (hope am using the correct smilies - don't understant these ones)

Nah they back off once the price has been forced up and the winner pays over the odds. Maybe not wicked but a darn pest. Cost me an extra couple of quid tonight with a daft bid that wasn't followed through as usual.

Sorry, but if the winner ends up paying over the odds, then they are the daft one. Auto bid what you think an item is worth and stick to it.

Sorry, but if the winner ends up paying over the odds, then they are the daft one. Auto bid what you think an item is worth and stick to it.

Sorry but you don't seem to get it. The bids are pushed up - not by loads usually but still more than they need to be as the punter has no intentions of putting in a winning bid but if you think that person doing that in practically every auction is someone else's fault we must agree to differ.

Err, I do get it, I have an account at Christies and Bonhams, I am no stranger to auctions. It would be a seriously clever bidder who knew when to pull out each time, which this bidder isn't.

In my opinion it is just someone trying to snaffle a bargain, annoying as that might seem. I think its the multiple bidding thats the problem and one day they might end up with an almighty bill.

There was a quote earlier saying if someone is bidding on a £300 ring they wouldnt lose it for a tenner, you will never know what you lose an item by. The winner might have been willing to go a hundred quid higher if challenged. As I said before decide what an item is worth and stick to that bid.

I was on earlier, thankfully missed the mastiness when I went to make dinner, and came back just in time to read the uni student saying he was off on a month's holiday shortly, odd as term has only started, but ah well, he must be a genius to be able to miss 1/3 of a term and still pass!!

I had great craic this evening for the last hour of rocks.tv It was all a bit smutty but very funny, found myself laughing really hard. I saw some lovely pieces of jewellery that I would have love to have bid on, maybe if they come up again next month, who knows. I'm going to bed with a grin on my face, hope poor Barry doesn't get into bother - and it wasn't my fault :21:

Anyway, thanks everyone for the fun :D

What a joke my one and only post to this bullies site. Ducky or sacol are not what is holding back rocks.tv but this site. Lame. Judge yee not freaks.

Er.....correct me if I'm wrong but sacol's name has not been mentioned in this thread & the situation with them (which has now been resolved) was created on rocks chat, not here!

Actually apart from a stirrer on tonight there was no nastiness at all, think he got despatched pretty quick too.

Actually apart from a stirrer on tonight there was no nastiness at all, think he got despatched pretty quick too.

Oh good, I just caught the tail end of it and noticed some people logging off because of it, though they didn't stay away for long :D

The craic really was ace tonight, poor Barry :31:

Er.....correct me if I'm wrong but sacol's name has not been mentioned in this thread & the situation with them (which has now been resolved) was created on rocks chat, not here!

I wondered why sacol was being dragged into it as well Janey, noone had said a word about sacol. I think there was some suggestion that they were a dealer ages ago and the general opinion was 'so what, dealers (if she WAS one) can buy too' but I personally don't think she is, in fact I have read some nice comments about Sacol on here so have no idea why she got dragged into this tonight (apart from pure stirring as Julie says).

I was on edge all the time that was going on and biting my tongue as well I have to say, I admired how everyone dealt with it (much better than I could have I have to admit)

Oh good, I just caught the tail end of it and noticed some people logging off because of it, though they didn't stay away for long :D

The craic really was ace tonight, poor Barry :31:

I logged off but came back and found G had gone so was pleased. It was funny later on, poor Barry, you lot are soooooo naughty lol.
I had a lot of bother with the streaming tonight, a lot of the night I had no sound, then the video froze, at one point I lost the chatbox but didn't know if Rocks had removed it momentarily. Tried logging in on firefox and no better so probably ao hell to blame.

Latest posts

Back