Gale Hayman Lip Lift Problems?

barbedwire

VIP Shopper
Hiya all

Good to be back on here after a few days away with the forum being down :) .

Am justwanting to ask if anyone has experienced any problems with the Gale Hayman Liplift product?

I ordered it as I was running out of lip salve and wanted to try something new, I usually either use Superbalm or Emma B Goode Wild Mint Balm. After reading rave reviews about LipLift on the QVC website and also hearing how much my mum liked it too, I bought a kit with that and a Pink Quartz lipstick in it.

About 12-24 hours after I applied it, and re-applied it maybe twice my lips started to burn and the skin started to peel off them, and became so sore I could hardly stand it:eek:. I sometimes get sore lips in Winter but I've never had them so sore before. I ended up smothering them in Vaseline as it was the only thing that would comfort them - and more than 96 hours later they're still hurting!!

Was just wondering if anyone else had experienced similar or whether it's just me who is possibly over sensitive to it. I don't normally react to cosmetics unless they're really harsh or over chemically.

TIA

Kath
xxxx

Tilly

VIP Shopper
Poor you. Sorry to hear of the reaction you have had with liplift. I didn't have any reaction when I gt one in a TSV. It was fine but I wasn't overly impressed with it.

I use Fran Wilson's daily lip moisture and night lip cream and think they are very good.

Snuffles

VIP Shopper
Hi Cavegirl,

I have not used this or been tempted by it. The girl who fronts the brand looks so rough I am permanently put off the stuff.

I always used to use a product to help seal a lipstick- not sure if I can name it - but think of Lip and another spelling of Coat. I used it once when my upper lip was a bit sore - my own fault I know - and it sort of burnt my lip just above two front teeth. There was almost nothing I could put on to help heal. For a very very long time after, and I am talking a few years, the skin would constantly peel off that little patch.

I would never use anything on my lips now other than a good quality gloss or lipstick.

Hope you are not in discomfort for too long and that you can get your money back.

Sally

barbedwire

VIP Shopper
Thanks guys :)

Snuffles, actually thinking about it, the same thing happened to me too with Lipcote,it's years since I used it but it wrecked my mouth.

I'm doing ok just keeping applying vaseline to it but it's still not right - and can't get my money back now, as I stupidly assumed I'd be ok with it and shredded the returns label and threw away the envelope it came in *d'oh* .

daydreamer

VIP Shopper
I used the lip lift a few years ago..it was ok, easy to put on and less greasy than a lot of lip moisturisers, but nothing to write home about, only bought it as Alison kept raving about its virtues so much :eek:..so this year I went for the new set which included the lip buff..it went back after a few days as my lips felt as if I'd rubbed lemon juice on them..so either my skin has changed or the product has..anyway, glad I got my refund :rolleyes:

daydreamer

Crafty Beauty

VIP Shopper
I used to use Liplift all the time and never had any problems with it (now mostly use Elizabeth Arden instead), but I haven't used it for a while so don't know if they've changed it at all.

I hope your lips heal soon - sounds sore.

Janey

Spinster of the Parish
Thanks guys :)

Snuffles, actually thinking about it, the same thing happened to me too with Lipcote,it's years since I used it but it wrecked my mouth.

I'm doing ok just keeping applying vaseline to it but it's still not right - and can't get my money back now, as I stupidly assumed I'd be ok with it and shredded the returns label and threw away the envelope it came in *d'oh* .
If you're still within the 30 day MBG I would give QVC a call & explain what's happened & see if they can send you a duplicate invoice or equivalent so you can return it.

Hope your lips recover soon :)

D

dingledangle

I've never understood the hype about this product. The bullet keeps breaking and it just feels greasy on the lips. I love the pink Gatineau one, though!

Mrs D

VIP Shopper
I have used this product for a while and not had any problems like this. It sounds like you had a really bad reaction to something in the product.

Rainbowwand

Hand Stamped
I used to use the lip lift and really liked it, but not used one for a while now, i keep promising myself i will buy a new one, i might not now though if thats what it does :confused:

grovesy

VIP Shopper
i have used this for years and not had a reaction to it. The ones i am using at the moment I bought off Cosmetics direct.

Fallen Angel

Lebonaholic
Lip Lift did nothing for my dry lips, I use either Burts Bees or Pure Shea Butter.

sunshinegirl

VIP Shopper
Lip Lift did nothing for my dry lips, I use either Burts Bees or Pure Shea Butter.
Did nothing also for my dry, chapped lips, another user of Burt's Bees and have also discovered Balm Balm £2.99 a pot available from Boots, DD told me about this range am very impressed.

mollyw

i have bought ot once but was not really impressed. it has paraffinium which is a petro chemical. it is not better than a normal lip balm. if you want a chemical free product a'kin or liz earle would be better. i also think fran wilson products are worth a try.

mediastar

VIP Shopper
I believe it contains lanolin, so it may be that.

vectra

watching the telly
i can't use it either when i did the same thing happened and it was the aloe vera that dosen't aggree with me so it went in the bin

cupcake

VIP Shopper
If you're still within the 30 day MBG I would give QVC a call & explain what's happened & see if they can send you a duplicate invoice or equivalent so you can return it.

Hope your lips recover soon :)
Yes - I was going to suggest that too. It's not like you changed your mind - you've had an allergic reaction. They were helpful when I threw away the box something came in, then had to return it due to a reaction. Good luck.

Jabbathehut

Addicted to Mulberry
I've bought a couple of times in the past caught up in the hype of the moment and I was really underwhelmed to be honest!

I

iclaudipuss

I think it's a load of overpriced carp. Ali Young goes on about Gayle Hayman being a prestigious brand which is a porky too far IMO. Literally.

Marimo

VIP Shopper
I bought one off ebay some years ago it was just greasy didn't do anything on my lips and the smell was awful! Went straight into the bin :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertN

Members online

AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks