Gale Hayman Lip Lift Problems?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Hiya all

Good to be back on here after a few days away with the forum being down :) .

Am justwanting to ask if anyone has experienced any problems with the Gale Hayman Liplift product?

I ordered it as I was running out of lip salve and wanted to try something new, I usually either use Superbalm or Emma B Goode Wild Mint Balm. After reading rave reviews about LipLift on the QVC website and also hearing how much my mum liked it too, I bought a kit with that and a Pink Quartz lipstick in it.

About 12-24 hours after I applied it, and re-applied it maybe twice my lips started to burn and the skin started to peel off them, and became so sore I could hardly stand it:eek:. I sometimes get sore lips in Winter but I've never had them so sore before. I ended up smothering them in Vaseline as it was the only thing that would comfort them - and more than 96 hours later they're still hurting!!

Was just wondering if anyone else had experienced similar or whether it's just me who is possibly over sensitive to it. I don't normally react to cosmetics unless they're really harsh or over chemically.

TIA

Kath
xxxx

Poor you. Sorry to hear of the reaction you have had with liplift. I didn't have any reaction when I gt one in a TSV. It was fine but I wasn't overly impressed with it.

I use Fran Wilson's daily lip moisture and night lip cream and think they are very good.

Hi Cavegirl,

I have not used this or been tempted by it. The girl who fronts the brand looks so rough I am permanently put off the stuff.

I always used to use a product to help seal a lipstick- not sure if I can name it - but think of Lip and another spelling of Coat. I used it once when my upper lip was a bit sore - my own fault I know - and it sort of burnt my lip just above two front teeth. There was almost nothing I could put on to help heal. For a very very long time after, and I am talking a few years, the skin would constantly peel off that little patch.

I would never use anything on my lips now other than a good quality gloss or lipstick.

Hope you are not in discomfort for too long and that you can get your money back.

Sally

Thanks guys :)

Snuffles, actually thinking about it, the same thing happened to me too with Lipcote,it's years since I used it but it wrecked my mouth.

I'm doing ok just keeping applying vaseline to it but it's still not right - and can't get my money back now, as I stupidly assumed I'd be ok with it and shredded the returns label and threw away the envelope it came in *d'oh* .

I used the lip lift a few years ago..it was ok, easy to put on and less greasy than a lot of lip moisturisers, but nothing to write home about, only bought it as Alison kept raving about its virtues so much :eek:..so this year I went for the new set which included the lip buff..it went back after a few days as my lips felt as if I'd rubbed lemon juice on them..so either my skin has changed or the product has..anyway, glad I got my refund :rolleyes:

daydreamer

I used to use Liplift all the time and never had any problems with it (now mostly use Elizabeth Arden instead), but I haven't used it for a while so don't know if they've changed it at all.

I hope your lips heal soon - sounds sore.

Thanks guys :)

Snuffles, actually thinking about it, the same thing happened to me too with Lipcote,it's years since I used it but it wrecked my mouth.

I'm doing ok just keeping applying vaseline to it but it's still not right - and can't get my money back now, as I stupidly assumed I'd be ok with it and shredded the returns label and threw away the envelope it came in *d'oh* .

If you're still within the 30 day MBG I would give QVC a call & explain what's happened & see if they can send you a duplicate invoice or equivalent so you can return it.

Hope your lips recover soon :)

I've never understood the hype about this product. The bullet keeps breaking and it just feels greasy on the lips. I love the pink Gatineau one, though!

I have used this product for a while and not had any problems like this. It sounds like you had a really bad reaction to something in the product.

I used to use the lip lift and really liked it, but not used one for a while now, i keep promising myself i will buy a new one, i might not now though if thats what it does :confused:

i have used this for years and not had a reaction to it. The ones i am using at the moment I bought off Cosmetics direct.

Lip Lift did nothing for my dry lips, I use either Burts Bees or Pure Shea Butter.

Did nothing also for my dry, chapped lips, another user of Burt's Bees and have also discovered Balm Balm £2.99 a pot available from Boots, DD told me about this range am very impressed.

i have bought ot once but was not really impressed. it has paraffinium which is a petro chemical. it is not better than a normal lip balm. if you want a chemical free product a'kin or liz earle would be better. i also think fran wilson products are worth a try.

i can't use it either when i did the same thing happened and it was the aloe vera that dosen't aggree with me so it went in the bin

If you're still within the 30 day MBG I would give QVC a call & explain what's happened & see if they can send you a duplicate invoice or equivalent so you can return it.

Hope your lips recover soon :)

Yes - I was going to suggest that too. It's not like you changed your mind - you've had an allergic reaction. They were helpful when I threw away the box something came in, then had to return it due to a reaction. Good luck.

I think it's a load of overpriced carp. Ali Young goes on about Gayle Hayman being a prestigious brand which is a porky too far IMO. Literally.

I bought one off ebay some years ago it was just greasy didn't do anything on my lips and the smell was awful! Went straight into the bin :mad:

Latest posts

Back