Garden Pick of the Month

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£10 for a tray of 15 plug plants, I'd personally say that was expensive , - but I do have some great little garden centre's where I live. Also, I tend to buy lobelia and the like from Aldi/Tesco/Sainsbury's where a tray of 10/12 costs no more than £2.

I'll be honest with you, I resisted these as I've never had great success with Thomson and Morgan plants but I see these ones aren't being delivered until June so the plants will be a decent size. The supermarkets do much better deals and you can actually see what you're buying - many plants don't travel well. If I'm buying plants from QVC I usually go for Plants2Gardens or Richard Jackson's. Not the cheapest but they don't die and I always get a good display.

CC

I'll be honest with you, I resisted these as I've never had great success with Thomson and Morgan plants but I see these ones aren't being delivered until June so the plants will be a decent size. The supermarkets do much better deals and you can actually see what you're buying - many plants don't travel well. If I'm buying plants from QVC I usually go for Plants2Gardens or Richard Jackson's. Not the cheapest but they don't die and I always get a good display.

CC
They are garden ready plants so good to go. These are not cheaper with QVC so if you wanted to buy direct you get loads of discounts. freebies and special offers from T&M direct.

plants to garden are far to expensive even if they are bigger plants
They aren't cheap but if you buy perennials they last for years so are good value as you don't have to keep replacing them. I agree the bedding plants are pricey but I've always had a good display. I rent my house in the summer and the garden is the star of the show so I have to buy plants I have confidence in. If it were just for me I would probably go for some of the cheaper options.

CC

CC
Bought Thomson and Morgan Busy Lizzies TSV last year and they were very good.

I have so many strawberries I don't know what to do with them. I bought 6 plants over a decade ago and have grown more from runners over the years.

They're everywhere in the garden now. I put them in pots to start with as my Springer is fond of cocking his leg on everything and much as I love him, I don't want the taste of dog pee on my strawberries. The ones I've left grow wild are quite pretty along the path so they can stay and get a special watering.

We have a lot of wild strawberries growing behind us and they've crept in, too. I've put the runners in pots as they're absolutely delicious. Smaller but better than the bought ones any day. I made wild strawberry jam a few years running. Not in big batches, only a few jars at a time and then from the ones I've built up in the freezer. But OMG, it's the best jam ever.

Latest posts

Back