Garden Pick of the Month

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, a massive £3.99 saving. Q are getting too generous by half these days.
It is actually £34.99 direct from Auraglow, free postage for Royal Mail 48 or an extra 99p for Royal Mail 24 and they will supply the batteries for £2.49 for 4 but it only requires 3.

It is actually £34.99 direct from Auraglow, free postage for Royal Mail 48 or an extra 99p for Royal Mail 24 and they will supply the batteries for £2.49 for 4 but it only requires 3.
That is a very good price for the batteries IF THEY ARE GENUINE DURACELL as they are much more elsewhere. I noticed in the demo they were using Duracells and probably based their usage estimate on using these.

EDIT - - just discovered that they are NOT Duracell, and in fact, they do not even appear to be alkaline. The batteries have a number of reviews, many of which say I haven't used them yet, so I don't know if they are any good !!!

Last edited:
Underwhelming
I’ve just seen it on the launch show. It’s not very big - our garden centre would change £15 max for that size. The QVC offering might be a ‘new’ variant but it doesn’t look any different from a common or garden rhodo.

Underwhelming
I’ve just seen it on the launch show. It’s not very big - our garden centre would change £15 max for that size. The QVC offering might be a ‘new’ variant but it doesn’t look any different from a common or garden rhodo.
I agree its overpriced by at least 50% and thats being generous. Also if your soil is Alkaline and not acid it will be a complete waste of money. PTG do reasonable sized shrubs but they are not great VFM when compared to high street stores like B&Q or your local Garden Centre.

P2G are pricey compared to other companies but everything I've had from them has been big, hasn't died and has been good quality. Their prices are on a par with our (very expensive) local garden centre. Plants I've had from the likes of T&M have been complete wastes of money.

CC

Begonia Non Stop Joy???
Oh dear what has happened to the previously loved and massively sold
Begonia Apricot Shades have they now been well and truly left out in the cold and rain.
🥲🤭😉😂

Incredibloom???
Flipping Nora what the devil is this fertiliser? So is there another plant fertiliser that dare to be added to a plant collection rather than Richard Jacksons Flower Power. Will this plant fertiliser produce twice the amount of flowers?
🥲🧐🙃😆

Incredibloom does claim to produce better growth/flowers etc but personally I like flower power better. Apricot shades never worked for me and I got weedy flowers (not the huge basketfuls shown on the promos), T&M plants tend to die on me anyway. I find that "garden ready" can mean little more than a plug plant or a decent sized big plant depending on the supplier and I have also found that begonias grown from tubers produce far better plants and flowers than the actual little plants. It's a lot more effort though to grow tubers/corms.

Not going for this, I'd rather have the P2G TSV (if I was buying more plants which I'm not intending to).

CC

I buy young but quite big begonia plants in the garden centre, about £1.30 each. I feed them twice a week from June to Sept with tomato food from B&M at £1.99 a large bottle. I get fab results for a bargain price.

I got fab apricot begonias which were scented last year from either B&q or our local garden centre which I planted in containers. Once they went over I removed the tubers wrapped them in fleece and put them in the shed. Once its a bit milder I’ll have a hoke around and see if they are ok or have rotted. First time I’ve tried this and really because they were scented.

Looking forward to opening cardboard box i stored stored some dahlia and begonia tubers in a bit sad i know but i love the prospect of spring and flowers to come not from qvc though to expensive given what bills are in store for all of us shortly

I buy young but quite big begonia plants in the garden centre, about £1.30 each. I feed them twice a week from June to Sept with tomato food from B&M at £1.99 a large bottle. I get fab results for a bargain price.
Found a couple of pics. Begonias plus other bits & bobs, cost about £10 per basket incl compost.
313377C2-C497-45C7-9BB2-9B6A6433A9F6.jpeg
DC740CCC-C643-41B0-BF91-117819FAA4A0.jpeg

For the first time last year I grew most of my plants from seed and bought loads of packets to sow this year.

However we about to do a big decorate so it might not be possible to have them on the go but if at all possible I’ll give them a go.

Unfortunately we can’t bring either plants or seed packets into the country (well you can but the paperwork etc is so onerous the suppliers won’t do it) so we don‘t have much of a choice but TBH as long as it a mass of blooms beggars can’t be choosers.

Found a couple of pics. Begonias plus other bits & bobs, cost about £10 per basket incl compost.
View attachment 23135View attachment 23136
No matter how much you pay for the so called premium QVC plants you can't beat these. Not only are the plants beautiful but the arrangements are superb. You also have to have an eye for balance and you have "Got This."

Latest posts

Back