Garden Pick of the Month

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought quite a few bulbs last year in Wilkinsons and i was pleased with them, those Tulip colours look awful to me.

I bought quite a few bulbs last year in Wilkinsons and i was pleased with them, those Tulip colours look awful to me.

I really like parrot tulips and have had some spectacular ones from De Jager but these Hayloft ones look a bit muddy in colour. Not impressed. One thing about QVC bulbs as well from whichever company you buy from on air, they only last one year and then don't come back. Considering the cost of them they aren't very good value for money although to be fair the one year they do grow they are usually gorgeous.

CC

I bought shed-loads of tulip bulbs from Lidl last Autumn and had great success. They usually have them on 3 for 2 offer mix or match tulips, daffs etc. I always ignore the planting instructions and plant closer together for a better display.

Lights on in the video yet Kathy and Gill are in the dark. So how on earth would it light up a garden it’s barely lighting beyond right up close to the light.

Lights on in the video yet Kathy and Gill are in the dark. So how on earth would it light up a garden it’s barely lighting beyond right up close to the light.

I said the same about another light, the studio lights have to be dimmed so much that you can't see the presenters.

Yet more lack of info in the description!

It says it comes with 3 batteries, but no mention of what type. Are they AA batteries, which are very cheap?

Or are they the large D cells, which are very expensive, and could be over £75 for 3 rechargeable ones (quick online search at Amazon).

And non-rechargeable ones would cost a fortune in the long term with all the replacements that would be needed.

Interesting watching Ken from plants to garden he was selling double flowered tete a tete daffs saying your neighbours wont have these well ken sorry but they are freely available online in fact i just bought 20 for £5 cheaper than plants to garden so i pays to check before paying over the odds on qvc

Thanks Sazza that’s great, just ordered the pack of four https://www.aldi.co.uk/christmas-wobble-figures-4-pack/p/000000330875100 trust QVC to be watered down and just offer two choices, so I’ve bought them and Santa stop here door mat for the same price as QVC charge for one, so thanks again Sazza I’d have missed those xx.

Hell, that's outrageous!! I liked the snowman and have just bought him. I'm going right off QVC, especially the gardening stuff.

CC

Hell, that's outrageous!! I liked the snowman and have just bought him. I'm going right off QVC, especially the gardening stuff.

CC

Oh no, I bet you could kick yourself, you could’ve bought five for £2 more that QVC charge for one and delivered free. You’re right an almost 400% mark up on Aldi price is beyond outrageous.

I meant I bought the Aldi one as I couldn't afford the QVC price:mysmilie_59: and while I was on the Aldi site I bought those faux flickering candles that were monstrously expensive on Q. I got 4 for £15.95. Then I got a door mat :mysmilie_17: Had I needed the 4 Christmas characters I would have snapped them all up but I just wanted the snowman for my front doorstep.

Thanks everyone for pointing out the bargains.

CC

I meant I bought the Aldi one as I couldn't afford the QVC price:mysmilie_59: and while I was on the Aldi site I bought those faux flickering candles that were monstrously expensive on Q. I got 4 for £15.95. Then I got a door mat :mysmilie_17: Had I needed the 4 Christmas characters I would have snapped them all up but I just wanted the snowman for my front doorstep.

Thanks everyone for pointing out the bargains.

CC

Phew! Ah that’s brill CC! You get a years guarantee too which is good to know :mysmilie_3:

Thanks Sazza. I’ve bought the Aldi snowman. Thought they’d be sold out but there were lots available in all 4 choices.

I think I only got one cos it was so expensive on QVC and I thought I’d risk it for a fiver. He’s quite cute but definitely not worth £22.99. Perhaps the QVC one is better quality though.

I went in Aldi late yesterday and they’d all gone in our store bar one penguin, felt sorry for it so bought him/her. The quality was really good so when QVCs goes back up to £29 plus say £4.95 postage, the only difference I can see extra for £29 is a little tin book under Father Christmas arm and a tree under the snowman. When I was at the till I was chatting to the woman serving and she said she had a couple through on Thursday who were fuming, they’d paid £23 for the exact same thing “from QVC is it?”.............QVC? Indeed :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back