Garden Pick of the Month

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IW have those osteospermums same as QVC which are £19.99 for six 10cm pots and £5 postage. Asda had them in 1L pots (although single colours) for £1.99 each.

Not buying any more plants now as I've enough to fill Kew Gardens. All my seedlings have grown into plants so I probably didn't need to buy anything. I'm getting better at growing than I thought.

CC

in preparation for shops closing next year buy your seeds ahead and some seed compost QVC are really taking liberties with their blatantly ripping off customers

I hope Thompson and Morgan have got their act together then, if they’re doing the Pick of the month.

The reviews on Trustpilot are dreadful. The left hand doesn’t seem to know what the right hand’s doing either. They sent me the TSV of fruit bushes instead of the compost I’d ordered. I cancelled the compost after a 3 month wait, but QVC told me to keep the fruit bushes with no charge. Hardly a reassuring endorsement of T&M.

I’d grow weeds before I would buy from any of the suppliers again. Q was wrong to keep selling but the plants came direct from the suppliers so they were the ones responsible for the dreadful state 99% arrived in.

Those I received, only half were alive and of those very few have flowered. The exception is the Sutton Cosmos but only because I planted them deep and cut them in half. However even with that they were leggy and they broke with the winds last week . It’s depressing looking out at dozens of pots with no colour.

I am stocking up on compost (another saga) and seeds at present as I’m determined never to be held to ransom again.

It’s a personal thing but I just don’t like barrels - they remind me of a pub garden. Originals bad enough but plastic lookie likeie not for me.

This year is the first time I have ordered plants online, why would I when I have garden centres on the doorstep? Never ordered from QVC but went straight to the suppliers.Ordered some planters from T&M, fine, good quality.Plants from Hayloft although did not have much hope when they arrived, although well packaged, are now blooming forth.Some more plants from Sarah Raven, well packaged and now thriving.I will be back to my local garden centres now.

Plants I have had from T&M direct even just before the pandemic have not been brilliant even if they started out ok. I am an experienced gardening. The begonias I grew myself from leaf cuttings I took last year, have out performed the corms I got. I though out one point the corms were not going to grow.

My Lidl plants are still looking amazing get a lot of comments from passer by and neighbours spent very very little on plants this year buying from supermarkets still blooming

No, don’t like them either. Ugly for parrot tulips.
I prefer to buy them cheaper at Aldi too. Unlike daffodils you’re really supposed to lift tulip bulbs in late spring after they’ve flowered & had time for the leaves to make more food. Dry them & store them to be replanted in autumn.

Latest posts

Back