Gatineau Beauty Passport ending

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dame Fondacox

Registered Shopper
I finally got round to redeeming two completed Beauty Passports and the replacment passports contained a note to say the scheme was ending in December and completed passports would not be honoured after this date.

An excerpt from an email they sent earlier in the summer (pasted below) indicated they'd honour partially completed passports during December and they now seem to have renegaded on this. 🤨 Times must be hard at The Beauty Room.

I hardly every watch QVC on TV these days, not even when channel surfing. Since moving from Sky, I don't know the channel number and have had no inclination or desire to find out. 🧐 I tend to watch the demos online if I'm interested in something and I haven't been tempted by a a Gatineau TSV or OTO in a very long time. Are they still plugging the reward points on the live shows? :unsure:

As a result of this pandemic, we face the prospect of the worst global recession for centuries, and companies big and small are having to adapt to survive. Gatineau Paris have therefore informed us that du e to Covid-19 they are having to withdraw the Beauty Passport Scheme globally – allowing customers 6 months to redeem all existing Beauty Passports, with the scheme ending on 31st December 2020. During December 2020, the final month of the Beauty Passport scheme, partially completed Passports will also be accepted (with a minimum of 6 tokens) using the points-tally system to conclude what you are due (with a minimum total of 24 points). Once a partially completed Passport has been received, no further Passports can be redeemed after this point.

Oh. I really regret losing that completed one now! Must try to look out the current one (come on memory!!) but as you say, Donna, they really cut back on the choices.

I wonder if they will honour the rest of their promises as per email in June.

Over time, Passport Tokens will be phased out from inclusion on product packaging, but in the meantime, from 31st December 2020 Passport Tokens will no longer have any value. To clarify, the Beauty Passport Scheme is ending on the 31st December 2020.
In recognition of your ongoing loyalty to the Gatineau brand, and of course QVC, the Gatineau UK Team would like to offer a small gesture of goodwill in 2021. You will be eligible to receive complimentary product(s) equal to the number of products redeemed through your Beauty Passport in the qualifying period 1st August 2019 to 31st July 2020 (up to a maximum of 4 products, online only). This will be gifted by the Gatineau UK Team, and so while we cover the product cost, all we ask is that you cover the postage cost. It will be, of course, completely your decision whether you wish to take up this goodwill offer next year, and there will be more communication regarding this closer to the time.”

I used to buy a lot of Gatineau but the prices of kits have crept up so not bought anything for a while. Will have to dig out my passport. So if it is partially filled can you sent it?

Current details on the website specify completed & make no reference to the partially completed ones being accepted in the December month as previously stated. So not sure.

“Why is the Beauty Passport Loyalty Scheme ending?
As a result of this pandemic, we face the prospect of the worst global recession for centuries, and companies big and small are having to adapt to survive. Gatineau Paris have therefore informed us that due to Covid-19 they are having to withdraw the Beauty Passport Scheme globally – allowing customers 6 months to redeem all existing Beauty Passports, with the scheme ending on 31st December 2020.

When does the Scheme end?
The Beauty Passport Scheme is ending on the 31st December 2020, and this is the last day we will accept completed Beauty Passports for redemption.

How do I redeem my Beauty Passport?
The steps to redeem your completed Beauty Passport remain exactly the same, for full details, please visit: https://www.thebeautyroom.co.uk/beauty-passport

Can I send in more than 1 completed Beauty Passport at once?
Yes. You can send in as many completed beauty passports as you like at once, as long as they are all completed with 12 tokens in each passport.

Will there be a Scheme or Loyalty Programme to replace the Beauty Passport Scheme?
In recognition of your ongoing loyalty to the Gatineau brand, and of course QVC, the Gatineau UK Team would like to offer a small gesture of goodwill in 2021. You will be eligible to receive complimentary product(s) equal to the number of products redeemed through your Beauty Passport in the qualifying period 1st August 2019 to 31st July 2020 (up to a maximum of 4 products per household, online only). This will be gifted by the Gatineau UK Team, and so while we cover the product cost, all we ask is that you cover the postage cost. It will be, of course, completely your decision whether you wish to take up this goodwill offer next year, and there will be more communication regarding this closer to the time.

We are also working super hard behind the scenes to bring you a brand-new Loyalty Programme on the website - so stay tuned!

Thank you for your understanding and your continued loyalty to the Gatineau brand.

With best wishes,
Andrew & The Gatineau Team”

@Lloyd - that was my original point - the leaflet they sent me correlates with what's on their website so they've back-tracked on the email promise they made in June.

The BP was never an incentive for me to buy their products, it was more of a bonus and why not collect the points? The choice of products was poor and I've always used it for the collegan eye compresses, which are something I couldn't justify the price of buying outside of a kit/TSV etc.

@Lloyd - that was my original point - the leaflet they sent me correlates with what's on their website so they've back-tracked on the email promise they made in June.

The BP was never an incentive for me to buy their products, it was more of a bonus and why not collect the points? The choice of products was poor and I've always used it for the collegan eye compresses, which are something I couldn't justify the price of buying outside of a kit/TSV etc.

Absolutely. I should have added that I was responding to missmollys post above. Had a look at the thread posted in June too, just to check.

I have noticed the BP selection seems larger than when I was selecting mine recently.

Current product choice stock list

• Aquamemory High Hydration Cream Mask 75ml
  • Perfection Ultime Nourishing Lip Balm SPF15 3.7g - Red shade
  • Perfection Ultime Nourishing Lip Balm SPF15 3.7g - Pink shade
  • Gentle Cleansing Micellar Water 400ml
  • Aquamemory Moisture Replenish Eye Roll-on 15ml
  • Vitamina Hand Cream 75ml
  • Perfection Ultime Complexion Cream SPF30 30ml - Dark shade
  • Alkessence Ionactive Alkaline Soothing Mist 150ml
  • Clear & Perfect SOS Stick 10ml
  • Transforming Cream Cleanser 200ml
  • AHA Body Lotion 400ml
  • Body Exfoliating Mitts (pack of 3)

If the product(s) you chose from this list do not show on your Beauty Passport, please hand write them on prior to posting

The list on the BPs I had was the same old and although they sent me a replacement one, which was a slightly different design, it was the same products. How odd! I've got one in the draw that's half-full and totals well over 24 points. Perhaps if I send it with a print-out of the June email, they'll honour it...

The list on the BPs I had was the same old and although they sent me a replacement one, which was a slightly different design, it was the same products. How odd! I've got one in the draw that's half-full and totals well over 24 points. Perhaps if I send it with a print-out of the June email, they'll honour it...
Send it in December & quote it, definitely worth a try.

Ive emailed Gatineau today:
Hi,
Regarding the beauty passport. I received an email in June 20
“ Over time, Passport Tokens will be phased out from inclusion on product packaging, but in the meantime, from 31st December 2020 Passport Tokens will no longer have any value. To clarify, the Beauty Passport Scheme is ending on the 31st December 2020.
In recognition of your ongoing loyalty to the Gatineau brand, and of course QVC, the Gatineau UK Team would like to offer a small gesture of goodwill in 2021. You will be eligible to receive complimentary product(s) equal to the number of products redeemed through your Beauty Passport in the qualifying period 1st August 2019 to 31st July 2020 (up to a maximum of 4 products, online only). This will be gifted by the Gatineau UK Team, and so while we cover the product cost, all we ask is that you cover the postage cost. It will be, of course, completely your decision whether you wish to take up this goodwill offer next year, and there will be more communication regarding this closer to the time.” Please advise when products will be offered.
Regards

There’s an old thread on this somewhere. Didn’t the passport scheme announcement come well before covid?

There’s an old thread on this somewhere. Didn’t the passport scheme announcement come well before covid?
It ended in December, but the email in June stated you could be eligible for up to 4 products after if you covered postage.
Just emailed to see if it will be honoured.

Had a response back :

Hi,

This is something we are still working on and will contact all eligible customers as soon as we are ready to launch this.

Kind regards

Latest posts

Back