Gatineau tan accelerator - decent bargain from Q for a change!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amn

Registered Shopper
Hi all - not around much these days but hope everyone's well anyway!
Just wanted to let you know that I ordered an item from Q that was actually quite a good buy! Gatineau tan accelerator is for sale as a single item - 400ml for £42 (item no 215726), which is dearer than most other places. However, buy it as a bundle with 400ml of AHA body lotion thrown in, and it's only £39.96 for the lot (210937). I ordered a set in readiness for summer, having used it before, and it comes in a nice presentation box too so I'm quite impressed for a change.

I have been buying mine from Salon Skincare in the winter for the last few years, as they have special offers then.

i get prickly heat really bad in summer so may give this a try and the aha body lotion sounds great. love aha's

Hi all - not around much these days but hope everyone's well anyway!
Just wanted to let you know that I ordered an item from Q that was actually quite a good buy! Gatineau tan accelerator is for sale as a single item - 400ml for £42 (item no 215726), which is dearer than most other places. However, buy it as a bundle with 400ml of AHA body lotion thrown in, and it's only £39.96 for the lot (210937). I ordered a set in readiness for summer, having used it before, and it comes in a nice presentation box too so I'm quite impressed for a change.

Oh, I remember this bundle as a TSV a couple of years ago and I think it was the same price but without a presentation box.

I tried this last year but was totally useless tan wise and wasn't even great as a body lotion so I'm afraid I wouldnt buy again no matter what the bargain.

Just goes to show how different folk get different results from the same products!

Go carefully with tan accelerators ladies. The Australians, the gurus of safe tanning, are issuing warnings to their citizens apparently. The state governments are saying that the latest research is suggesting that long term repeated use of accelerators may well increase the risk of malignant melanoma. Something to do with chemically over-stimulating the skin's melanin. They also think that one of the chemicals tan accelerators use to stimulate the melanin (sounded like "soralin") may actually alter your DNA, and apparently it should only ever be used under medical supervision to treat skin conditions. It was all being discussed on the radio when I was driving home the other day. They didn't say we shouldn't use them at all, but that they should only be used for short periods before we go on hols etc.

Last edited:
Thank you Scout. I must admit that I've often wondered if it was a good idea to use something which increased your level of melanin.

I also wonder about self tans which are basically putting dye on your skin considering they give health warnings about dying your hair.

Hopefully twice a year for a week won't do too much.

Holland&Barrett do Tan Tablets with good reviews and currently on a penny sale that makes it £3 a bottle.
The caplet consists of three main ingredients: copper gluconate ( copper supplements are used for skin health in general), PABA (is the name for vitamin B10 and aids melanin production), and L-Tyrosine (an amino acid that also aids melanin production), if anyone is interested.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-tan-tablets-60006495)

I'm sure you'll be fine LATI, it's long-term use that they're advising against. A couple of weeks now and then shouldn't be a problem, but all through the summer months every year is a bad idea. I wonder about self tans too, it's a different chemical but you're still messing about with your body chemistry. I think I'll go googling and see what I can find. If I find anything adverse I'll report back.

I use Zhuzh Best Of BothTan from Ideal World to give my skin a light tan and use there tan accelerator if I'm going out but I've got to say their Zhuzh Tan Lock and Save, ordered Thursday two flexi-pays and free p&p, is now my absolute hero product, it's a very fine mist of oil that you can use to moisturise your skin but also put in the bath or use it on your hair, if I could only ever have one beauty product it would be that.

I'm sure you'll be fine LATI, it's long-term use that they're advising against. A couple of weeks now and then shouldn't be a problem, but all through the summer months every year is a bad idea. I wonder about self tans too, it's a different chemical but you're still messing about with your body chemistry. I think I'll go googling and see what I can find, I used to be a researcher for a living so I enjoy ferreting about. If I find anything adverse I'll report back - some people may be interested and those who aren't can ignore it.

I'm a big fan of Zhuzh Tan accelerator, so I might try the Tan Lock and Save, thanks for the tip shopper :mysmilie_3: I've taken Imedeen Tan Optimiser (bought from Boots at a crazy knock-down price because they had a short use by date) but I can't say they made any difference and they're way too pricey imo, for just an anti-oxidant food supplement. I'm surprised Q hasn't tried flogging them though.

I'm a big fan of Zhuzh Tan accelerator, so I might try the Tan Lock and Save, thanks for the tip shopper :mysmilie_3: I've taken Imedeen Tan Optimiser (bought from Boots at a crazy knock-down price because they had a short use by date) but I can't say they made any difference and they're way too pricey imo, for just an anti-oxidant food supplement. I'm surprised Q hasn't tried flogging them though.

Akimbo you'll love it it's beautiful, I could kick myself for not trying it sooner. :mysmilie_3:

Might be ok for the summer - if ever it comes. Can't see many people tanning at the moment. Maybe buy one of the Fake n Bake products A Young so readily endorses.

Latest posts

Back