Gatineau TSV 24/3/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you for the info re Boots creams Rosey. I have tried off the shelf creams in the past but with mixed results. I just thought that the set I've seen seemed good value, but it would only be good value if it helped my skin. I too am prone to spots so am having second thoughts about buying the Boots set. I know we are all different but everyone gives such good advice on here that it helps when choosing things, and I've also had to bin things in the past so all info is gratefully received.

Many reputable High St/Dept store skin care brands will refund if you have an adverse reaction, it's worth asking before you buy. This is not the same as the QVC 30 MBG as you would know fairly quickly if you had an adverse reaction so you couldn't take back a pot that was nearly empty a month after buying. I've certainly returned for a refund a Clinique product that I reacted to and was refunded without question. However, do check before spending any money!

I too have tried Gatineau in the past and have not been impressed with it really. The age benefit cream was about the best of the things I've tried. I'm thinking of trying a protect and perfect set I've seen in Boots, day cream and night cream, serum and eye serum, four products for £43, plus I have one of the £5 off vouchers so that will bring it down to £39---that's good value, the sort of value we could do with on beauty tsvs.

Thats really good value CG, especially if you get on with the products. Since I am not longer able to buy brands from QVC, I have been using the Boots Lift and Illuminate night cream. I really like it and will repurchase when it runs out. I remember the hype when the protect and perfect serum came out, there was nearly a stampede in our local boots!

Gatineau is the brand I have wasted the most money on QVC in past years. I found Andrew and Michaela so convincing, I bought quite a few items. Sadly, I saw no results at all.

I find most ofGatineau OK but not fantastic but 2 products I really love and use on a regular basis are Floracil as its really economical to use and the Defilift lip plumper. I dont use it willy nilly like they suggest but put it on every night and I can honestly say that I have no withering lip line and they are quite plump

Defi lift is brilliant IMO so roll on the June TSV. I love Éclat Radiance (smells of oranges) - I'm not sure whether it makes a difference or not other than the slight glow but to be honest I don't care as its my little but of luxury in Spring/Summer. Age Benefit doesn't do the same as Defi Lift so although it's nice I wouldn't order it on its own. Melatogenine .....not interested.Not sure about this TSV as it is a lot if money - I did fancy trying this cleanser but I don't really need it .....still got Elemis Radiance to open yet.

I tried a bit of gatinau but did not rate it in the slightest I bought into the. Qvc hype of too many brands and found to b a lot of smoke and mirrors tho I easily have my arm twisted lol the only product I still buy is emma hardie moringa balm which I love . I now use love your skin and cannot rate it highly enough .

For anyone who is interested I have been trying Superdrugs Lift & Firm Serum and their Grape Night Cream and i find it is just as good as the more expensive creams out their. Very Good Value for Money and comes in nice pump dispensers.

I've used loads of Gatineau over the years, but not so much these days. Got a bit fed up with them changing the formulations all the time. I can't see that the cleanser and toner come with pumps? Would want a pump for a 400ml. :hi:

I just don't know how Andrew has the brass neck to stand there with his heavily lined weathered skin and try and convince us that a pot of his super cream will target lines and wrinkles even if we are 80 yrs old and feel its to late!!

Really Andrew.....check the mirror,it's not working!!!

I really love and use on a regular basis Floracil as its really economical to use

YORKO I have very sensitive eyes and used Floracil for years , I stocked up like mad when salon skincare had their frequent offers on the 400 ml size.

However I have now converted to Simple eye make up remover absolutely cheap as chips , equally effective and non irritant

I used to buy the 400mls Floracil same place as Jabba. It used to be around £14 for that size. But then I realized it did not really take off all my mascara. We are not talking drag queen either, just two or three coats(I wiped the brush before applying as well). Oh and we are not talking waterproof either. I used to have to go over with Elemis Pro Rad Cleanser to get the rest off. I loved the idea of such a big size(oh er missus), but it wasn't any better than a small cheap one from Boots or Superdrug. The Boots No7 one used to be £5 and I bought with the vouchers they gave out, then they put the price up. It was as good as the famous Lancome one at many times the price.

Thanks Jabba, I think Ill have a go as not much to loose as its cheap to buy. I dont have any sensitivity in my eyes so could probably use anything. I also have a massive one (fnarr fnarr) from Salonskin that Ive just started.

YORKO I have very sensitive eyes and used Floracil for years , I stocked up like mad when salon skincare had their frequent offers on the 400 ml size.

However I have now converted to Simple eye make up remover absolutely cheap as chips , equally effective and non irritant

I will say again, Get thee to Marks and Spencer. They have Try Me kits of their own brand ranges. Their face creams etc and brilliant. When I managed to get through my bucket load of Elemis I will buy the Night Cream for sure, already swear by the neck cream. The PURE range is lovely and not expensive.

While we are on the subject of better value products, has anyone and tips on a lip product. As stated earlier I really rate the Gatineau but it is pricey unless bought in a duo or as part of a kit. Thats not much use to me though as I dont use anything else from them. Im not talking about balm but and overnight treatment.

Ta

I don't Yorko. The Gatineau lip doofer is one of only two Gatineau items I love and repurchase. I certainly wouldn't recommend the L'Occitane shea butter. That has a really odd texture.

I try and buy the Gatineau lip doofer in duos or trios as I don't want other things from the range.

Just channel flicking, whilst Peter Andre whittered on about his Mysterious Girl on pop songs of the 90's, and am sure Andrew just said that Floracil was an "infamous" product. I thought infamous meant famous for being bad. :rolleyes: :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I've been using this for a while and absolutely love it - Gatineau Activ Eclat Radiance Enhancing Gommage Duo

http://www.qvcuk.com/Gatineau-Activ-Eclat-Radiance-Enhancing-Gommage-Duo.product.219013.html?refType=UPSELL-X-SELL&refNumber=203401&sc=219013-DTLR&cm_sp=UPSELL-_-INTELLIGENTOFFER-_-1&relType=INTELLIGENTOFFER&refLocation=1

Can anyone explain, apart from the price, what the difference is with this please? The descriptions seem similar to me? :confused:

Gatineau Radiance Enhancing Gommage Duo 75ml

http://www.qvcuk.com/Gatineau-Radiance-Enhancing-Gommage-Duo-75ml.product.203401.html?sc=203401-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-203401

I've been using this for a while and absolutely love it - Gatineau Activ Eclat Radiance Enhancing Gommage Duo

http://www.qvcuk.com/Gatineau-Activ-Eclat-Radiance-Enhancing-Gommage-Duo.product.219013.html?refType=UPSELL-X-SELL&refNumber=203401&sc=219013-DTLR&cm_sp=UPSELL-_-INTELLIGENTOFFER-_-1&relType=INTELLIGENTOFFER&refLocation=1

Can anyone explain, apart from the price, what the difference is with this please? The descriptions seem similar to me? :confused:

Gatineau Radiance Enhancing Gommage Duo 75ml

http://www.qvcuk.com/Gatineau-Radiance-Enhancing-Gommage-Duo-75ml.product.203401.html?sc=203401-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-203401

They are the same - just that one is in the new packaging :hi:

Just channel flicking, whilst Peter Andre whittered on about his Mysterious Girl on pop songs of the 90's, and am sure Andrew just said that Floracil was an "infamous" product. I thought infamous meant famous for being bad. :rolleyes: :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

He has obviously caught that off Jill. She probably addled his brain after being stuck with him for two hours last night :hi:

Latest posts

Back