Gemporia chat show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know exactly what you mean. Every time I switch on the channel it is just waffleland. Hardly ever see any items and when you do it is just a brief glimpse and then onto the light box. 'Experts' talking to the little woman about the wonders of these gems, and how they are giving them away to us, and how much they could sell for. Oh lucky us. Drone, drone, drone, then over excited presenters shouting all the time.

I just don't get it at all. How to alienate your audience.

I know exactly what you mean. Every time I switch on the channel it is just waffleland. Hardly ever see any items and when you do it is just a brief glimpse and then onto the light box. 'Experts' talking to the little woman about the wonders of these gems, and how they are giving them away to us, and how much they could sell for. Oh lucky us. Drone, drone, drone, then over excited presenters shouting all the time.

I just don't get it at all. How to alienate your audience.
How long will they last carrying on like that! If they spent more time showing what's for sale and less time gabbing on about rarity or fawning round people like Glen Lehrer - like he's Jesus then they might get more sales! They all seem up their own A*** to me - the customer is irrelevant!

How long will they last carrying on like that! If they spent more time showing what's for sale and less time gabbing on about rarity or fawning round people like Glen Lehrer - like he's Jesus then they might get more sales! They all seem up their own A*** to me - the customer is irrelevant!

I don't actually like Glen Lehrer jewellery at all. To me it is not that attractive. In fact, I call him destroyer of gems. Each to their own I guess as I presume it is popular.

I do wonder why they carry on they way they do. Quite often on their facebook page I see complaints about how slow they are to getting around to selling the jewellery. I just want to see the items, then decide if I am interested. At the start of the hour, they must spend at least 20 minutes droning on. There is no need for it at all.

I don't actually like Glen Lehrer jewellery at all. To me it is not that attractive. In fact, I call him destroyer of gems. Each to their own I guess as I presume it is popular.

I do wonder why they carry on they way they do. Quite often on their facebook page I see complaints about how slow they are to getting around to selling the jewellery. I just want to see the items, then decide if I am interested. At the start of the hour, they must spend at least 20 minutes droning on. There is no need for it at all.
Totally agree glen Lehrer could pass as over faceted coloured glass! The TV station needs to decide if it's selling jewelry or acting for educational purposes for those pursuing a career in gemology. At the moment it's more of the latter. I did buy from them way back but not now everything is overpriced and flimsy

I love listening to the waffle. Especially when they go on and on about the likes of the Koh-i-noor etc before landing on a tiny stone in gold covered silver foil and falling over themselves because it was found within 300 miles of where that famous stone was mined.

I especially loved the bigging up of "cognac" (erm, "brown") diamonds. 15 years ago they were sold cheap for industrial use. Suddenly they're rare and special.

Not to mention the scare talk of mines being closed and gems disappearing, but suddenly Gemporia has loads of large tanzanites or Sleeping Beauty turquoise in jewellery. I bet the presenters need scorecards to keep track of what tripe they're spouting on any given day.

I only buy Black Onyx perfume usually and avoid their jewellery like the plague, it's not worth the risk or your money.What really gets me is how Harriet can't say one word without GESTICULATING with her arms all waving about.Shes got worse lately as now she gesticulated every syllable of every word.Its a bad habit which nobody at the channel seems to correct.She also shouts constantly which along with the arm waving makes her unwatchable in my book.I have seen many comments about this and I think it drives a lot of people to switch off.

Just been on gems and it's the same old same old. Talking, talking, talking. Brief glimpse of the item then more talk. If they go to the wall it's their own stupid fault.

Latest posts

Back