Gem's dishonest sell tactics again!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yep, laryngitis.
If I wasn't such a delight, I might say that's karma. But I won't, because that would be extremely rude.

Honestly? I really, really don't have any issues with belief systems that have a grounding in at least something - like Wicca. (Quick aside, my mother converted from Anglicanism to Catholicism and then started saying that Enya was "devil music". My first moment I thought that something was wrong.) I'm glad you haven't taken offence - none meant whatsoever. I don't actually think I'd call Wicca b*llocks anyway. Saying that "answers to questions you have can be found in the stars", now that is tosh in my opinion but saying it to sell a product is not on (as you & VapidStoat have said).
I know Catholics who consider Enya to be practically a living saint. Personally, I think the lady's made a load of cash out of rehashing one tune over the past three plus decades, but then if we were all the same life would be very boring.

Here's a new one for Gemporia: the "Imperial Love Locket" pendant, made with chrome diopside.

It's gold overlay silver, but I only know that due to the price, and because the graphics give the total weight of precious metals.

There's no mention of it being gold vermeil, plated, or tone. And while Adina is merrily exclaiming about the gems, she hasn't mentioned once what the locket is made from.

That's not giving the viewers enough information to make an informed decision to buy the thing.

Gemporia isn't improving following Steve's return. If anything, they're getting worse

Steve Bennett only pops his head up every so often just to make out he cares, all he wants is your money.

I can't believe how many people are still buying his crap.

He rarely pops up doing jewellery now. It's always health stuff. I think even the most delusional of viewers would be able to see that his interests are elsewhere these days.

Hence why I don't see Gemporia recovering. The people running the show now don't seem to know how to turn it around - they're completely ignoring the faults that viewers and buyers are pointing out and carrying on regardless doing it their own way.

They're digging their own grave.

Hmmm. Whoever is producing Lindsey Carr this afternoon has made a stupid, clumsy error. During the sale of a "chakra" bookmark (£19.99 + £3.95 p&p) they flashed up a slide showing the increase of milk and petrol prices between 2017 and now.

Normally I shrug off these sorts of tactics but this is pretty low grade, shoddy stuff really. I'm sure Steve said years ago that he'd stopped this sort of comparison. (I must add that Lindsey barely referenced it, to her credit, although it was only visible for a scant few seconds.)

Hmmm. Whoever is producing Lindsey Carr this afternoon has made a stupid, clumsy error. During the sale of a "chakra" bookmark (£19.99 + £3.95 p&p) they flashed up a slide showing the increase of milk and petrol prices between 2017 and now.

Normally I shrug off these sorts of tactics but this is pretty low grade, shoddy stuff really. I'm sure Steve said years ago that he'd stopped this sort of comparison. (I must add that Lindsey barely referenced it, to her credit, although it was only visible for a scant few seconds.)
I don't think Lyndsey could understand what was going on to be honest. She is lovely but hardly the sharpest tool in the box. Not that I agree with making those references....

I just saw an Enchanted necklace being sold that was called Tinkerbell but now has been changed to Fairy. I saw some chatter on the Facebook group (that I think has now been removed) on about Disney's trademark of Tinkerbell, but its definitely changed name since!

Lindsay just on waxing lyrical about a blue chalcedony bangle she is selling... whilst reading a extract from some article saying that only expert carving can retain colour in blue chalcedony ... fair enough ... only slight flaw in her argument is that the piece she is selling is dyed lol!! 🤣

Lindsay just on waxing lyrical about a blue chalcedony bangle she is selling... whilst reading a extract from some article saying that only expert carving can retain colour in blue chalcedony ... fair enough ... only slight flaw in her argument is that the piece she is selling is dyed lol!! 🤣
That's another thing....they show pieces, really lovely ones, that have nothing to do with what's on offer, while mentioning top drawer establishments, which has nothing to do with them either. They're a joke that's not funny!

Latest posts

Back