Getting on me nerves.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Huggles

Registered Shopper
Haven’t vented for a while but switched over from all the gloomy news to indulge in some luxury jewellery on QVC, I can look even if I can’t afford it...then ended up getting really irritated. Flinty was listing possible reasons to buy it. Had to mute. If you’ve got the kind of money needed to treat yourself why on earth would you need a presenter to give you reasons to buy it??? There was a ring with five settings (not even five individual stones) and Flinty pipes up ‘you could get this if you have five people in your family’. Really? Duh 🙄 some gullible eejit suddenly thinks, ‘I’d never thought of that, but now you mention it, I do have five people in my family, I must buy that ring’. Talk about the setting, the gold weight, the cut, clarity, carot weight, but of all the things not needed is ridiculous reasons to part with your money. Also the boots she’s wearing are too wide around the calf and look stupid.

Haven’t vented for a while but switched over from all the gloomy news to indulge in some luxury jewellery on QVC, I can look even if I can’t afford it...then ended up getting really irritated. Flinty was listing possible reasons to buy it. Had to mute. If you’ve got the kind of money needed to treat yourself why on earth would you need a presenter to give you reasons to buy it??? There was a ring with five settings (not even five individual stones) and Flinty pipes up ‘you could get this if you have five people in your family’. Really? Duh 🙄 some gullible eejit suddenly thinks, ‘I’d never thought of that, but now you mention it, I do have five people in my family, I must buy that ring’. Talk about the setting, the gold weight, the cut, clarity, carot weight, but of all the things not needed is ridiculous reasons to part with your money. Also the boots she’s wearing are too wide around the calf and look stupid.
Sometimes I do wonder about Debbie Flints Spiel its so childish.

Proof, if anything was needed, that they're salespeople, paid to say anything to fill in sales time. Give me any reason to spend £x I can't really afford, and if I'm drawn in, I'll fall for it, thinking someone somewhere will love me for spending my money on them. Selling is what they do.

And they keep pushing the clothes they think we should wear for Zoom Calls and table top dressing and ratty joggers that no one will see. And advice about wearing new clothes to get ourselves out of the doldrums. I wish they would stick to specifics we needs to know, like fabric types, whether the l material will pill, size (not, 'buy your usual high street size' because high street sizes vary from shop to shop.) I'd stamp my foot, but I might break a tile !

It's the using of tragedies to sell that really makes me angry, an angel charm for 'protection' at the time of the Paris bombings, shapewear to help you feel better about yourself when great swathes of the country was losing everything due to flooding, and an EEK ring as a reminder of being in the first lock down when the pandemic was raging and people were losing their jobs, their mental health and their lives.

This group of shysters are not fit to lick the boots of supermarket staff who are working day in day out and sometimes suffering awful abuse for basic living wage.

Fibby Flint was trotting out the 'club together to buy as a special present' about the Dyson hairdryer. While the gobby Dyson guest (can't remember her name but she colour co-ordinates her clothes with whatever Dyson hair tool she's on with) looked like a circus ringmaster in her sparkly red jacket. All she needed was CE's mini hat and a bullwhip.

She got that right as QVC is getting more like a circus with the myriad of clown presenters to watch these days.

The other day I channel hopped on QVC and it was Kipling, Jackie Gabler was flogging one particular bag, there were five colours and she reached back to get one to show you the lining, she stated they were all different yet only showed you the inside lining of the one she was holding. The rest though if you’d ordered this bag, you’d have to wait and see what the inside was like, and because of QVCs incompetence as shop assistants not only had you paid to receive it, if you don’t like the lining, you’d have to pay to send it back.

To be honest though some people do, I wouldn’t, I’d ring QVC and tell them the inside wasn’t shown so can they send a pre-paid label.

Handbag presentations and camera angles can be rubbish. First its the colours, then a half hearted look at the inside, although Marie Ffrancoise is better at this, then the camera cuts across to the model wearing while all the chatter is going on; and if you want another look at the colours forget it ! because while the model is pouting the presentation is over, and its on to another bag !!

“ people are buying for the tin alone”

The days of the Q having presenters who described products & sold their benefits to the customers are long gone. For years the tat peddlers relied on padding out the hours wittering on about all the places & occasions where something could be worn or used, however, they can't pretend the world's normal at present so they're filling the hours with even more inane chatter, personal stories, singing & dancing.

Nearly every time I tune in for a bit of late night viewing I have to turn off. For goodness sake why is Debbie Flint nearly always on? There she was again at midnight. Most viewers do not belong to her small cult following. QVC take note some viewers immediately switch channel the moment she is on. Perhaps one midnight “ presentation “ per week? Who is running this organisation.

I agree it’s intensely irritating that Franks and Flint hog the late slots. That’s just when I might dip in for a bit of relaxation and I have to turn over straight away. Maybe no one wants those slots. Also agree about the clutching at straws selling techniques. Tragic.

Flint would fight for those slots if she had to. No other slot would absolutely guarantee a freebie. I know they hand them out to all and sundry but the midnight hour makes it a certainty. She might fool some of the viewers but not all. That’s why plenty of us can’t stand watching her.

At least we might be spared her tonight because she is back at the flat broadcasting her Thursday Bantz to her small group of dedicated followers. The people who enjoy hearing about her walks through muddy puddles in Banstead Woods or doing her bit for Covid at the vaccination centre. For goodness sake I wish she would do it and not seek constant acknowledgment. I think it’s time she finished that book, French or Dutch, now that she is not running the retreat. She can bore us with that for a change.

Sorry but she really does make me turn off

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back