gill gaunt

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Is on now, with the tsv and what IS she wearing ? black shorts with black tights over the top ?????? ok on a 14 year old but surely not a 40 something woman, it looks a bit unacceptable on live tv.

Is on now, with the tsv and what IS she wearing ? black shorts with black tights over the top ?????? ok on a 14 year old but surely not a 40 something woman, it looks a bit unacceptable on live tv.

Not keen on her for some reason.

Opened the thread thinking it was may be about Jill Franks - read “Gill” and “gaunt”...!
Engaged brain and realised Gill Gauntlett!

Also confused me with idea of shorts with black tights over the top?! Assume you mean the other way around? As in a super-hero!
I did used to wear that look myself as a teenager and I may just about have got away with it a decade ago but wouldn’t do it now and def not on TV!)

(Think you’re generous saying she’s a 40-something, sure she’s early fifties - apologies if I’m not right!)

She 'presents' as though she's reading from a script, which explains why she doesn't listen to the others on with her. I find her hard work & just OTT.

A script written by a child?!
It’s so inane and repetitive - though you could argue that’s true of many presenters and to some extent a risk of the shopping TV format..!

But I agree Gill just sort of ploughs on with whatever she was going to say regardless.. Am sure someone told me she used to work on local BBC radio station but not sure if as presenter or not?!

Dale’s script on gem sale was his usual 90% adjectives it was so tedious, he was just short of saying this ring is incredibly incredible. Maybe he did!

Dale’s script on gem sale was his usual 90% adjectives it was so tedious, he was just short of saying this ring is incredibly incredible. Maybe he did!

I used to quite like Dale, but recently he's become as bad, if not worse, than the rest of them. Every time I hear him say, 'as you can see there', totally out of context, I start yelling at the telly. I don't watch QVC much, these days, and don't miss it at all.

I used to quite like Dale, but recently he's become as bad, if not worse, than the rest of them. Every time I hear him say, 'as you can see there', totally out of context, I start yelling at the telly. I don't watch QVC much, these days, and don't miss it at all.

I agree, to me Mr Plastic fantastic Dale Franklin is every bit as smarmy as the rest, add to that embarrassing when he’s trying to copy what Andi Peters does and thinking he’s funny when he’s more like a used car salesmen, he doesn’t care about what he says or sells now and let’s face it, he can well afford not to care. He’s every bit as much of a caricature that Simon “lots in store” Dairylee is.

My favourite male presenter in Charlie Brook.

Opened the thread thinking it was may be about Jill Franks - read “Gill” and “gaunt”...!
Engaged brain and realised Gill Gauntlett!

Also confused me with idea of shorts with black tights over the top?! Assume you mean the other way around? As in a super-hero!
I did used to wear that look myself as a teenager and I may just about have got away with it a decade ago but wouldn’t do it now and def not on TV!)

(Think you’re generous saying she’s a 40-something, sure she’s early fifties - apologies if I’m not right!)

Ha ! ha ! you're probably right about her age- I was wayyyyy toooo generous.

As for the tights/shorts look, she kept prancing around the demo table so it was difficult to tell, BUT yep, she definitely had black shorts and black tights (in whichever way), you could see the shorts because the tights were just see-through ; this little 'ensemble' was worn with the obligatory white plimsolls, that all trying to be on-trend but clearly menopausal women are wearing !

Jill Franks on the other hand is rocking the clown angle. Trousers that are split at the bottom and worn with pointy pointy high heels, and her Edmundo Ros type flouncy sleeved blouses :RpS_biggrin:

I agree, to me Mr Plastic fantastic Dale Franklin is every bit as smarmy as the rest, add to that embarrassing when he’s trying to copy what Andi Peters does and thinking he’s funny when he’s more like a used car salesmen, he doesn’t care about what he says or sells now and let’s face it, he can well afford not to care. He’s every bit as much of a caricature that Simon “lots in store” Dairylee is.

Maybe I’ve not watched QVC long enough (must be 12 or so years), but to me Dale has never been anything BUT smarmy and fake. I can’t watch him at all! Even when he’s trying to be sincere it comes across as disingenuous!
(Shivers!!)

What I don’t understand is, especially people like Dale and Charlie who I don’t see on air that much - maybe that’s just my perception as I do avoid them and don’t watch in daytime, but can’t be many hours a day and not every day - how do they make their living?

Do you think they live off Qvc salaries? Or do they have other sources? A lot of the women have other halves who are possibly bringing in more - or like Debbie has Devon set-up?
Surely they can’t be on that great a salary to be living where they do and all these holidays etc?! Just being nosey/curious really!!

My favourite male presenter in Charlie Brook.

Well as long as someone likes him?! Sure he’s harmless but to me, he’s yet another one I find beyond creepy...!

Partly it’s the over-slow, exaggerated delivery but also the OTT hype he spouts. I watched the launch of the Nokia phone TSV and the way he described it was insane! I’m sure it’s a good phone and I know he has to sell it, but it just me not trust a word he said.

Ha ! ha ! you're probably right about her age- I was wayyyyy toooo generous.

As for the tights/shorts look, she kept prancing around the demo table so it was difficult to tell, BUT yep, she definitely had black shorts and black tights (in whichever way), you could see the shorts because the tights were just see-through ; this little 'ensemble' was worn with the obligatory white plimsolls, that all trying to be on-trend but clearly menopausal women are wearing !

Jill Franks on the other hand is rocking the clown angle. Trousers that are split at the bottom and worn with pointy pointy high heels, and her Edmundo Ros type flouncy sleeved blouses :RpS_biggrin:

Thanks for describing the ensemble - sorry I missed that look!!
WasnÂ’t being mean I hope - I’m sure I heard her going on about her 50th birthday?!!

As for Jill Franks outfits: speechless!
She makes such a thing about being trendy and loving fashion and all the rest and yet she wears such dated and often odd styles... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I’ve not watched QVC long enough (must be 12 or so years), but to me Dale has never been anything BUT smarmy and fake. I can’t watch him at all! Even when he’s trying to be sincere it comes across as disingenuous!
(Shivers!!)

What I don’t understand is, especially people like Dale and Charlie who I don’t see on air that much - maybe that’s just my perception as I do avoid them and don’t watch in daytime, but can’t be many hours a day and not every day - how do they make their living?

Do you think they live off Qvc salaries? Or do they have other sources? A lot of the women have other halves who are possibly bringing in more - or like Debbie has Devon set-up?
Surely they can’t be on that great a salary to be living where they do and all these holidays etc?! Just being nosey/curious really!!

QVC must be good payers because once a presenter is there, they’re there for life. I read once that Dale Franklin and his wife are very wealthy in their own right, must be how he can live off Andi Foodfest food and Real Pie Company pies, that’s when he does have to put his hand in his pocket and actually have to pay for things.

I don't think QVC presenters are salaried, they're more likely to be self-employed (a bit like real performers :RpS_rolleyes: ). Those with grown up or no children have tended to do more hours; Jilly for instance only tends to do late nights.

I suspect it's a fairly safe TV job, judging by the length of service of some, but not likely to be particularly highly paid (relatively). But it also allows time for other screen work -adverts, voice over, corporate training films etc.

I don't think QVC presenters are salaried, they're more likely to be self-employed (a bit like real performers :RpS_rolleyes: ). Those with grown up or no children have tended to do more hours; Jilly for instance only tends to do late nights.

I suspect it's a fairly safe TV job, judging by the length of service of some, but not likely to be particularly highly paid (relatively). But it also allows time for other screen work -adverts, voice over, corporate training films etc.

Yes, that is my impression - they are freelance. QVC does give them a lot of flexibility in terms of shifts.

I think one of the benefits is that screentime is screentime and they are keeping up their visibility and a current skill set in the offchance something better comes along. Some of them had better not hold their breath!

I seem to remember him describing an Eek ring as unbelieveably believable.

Gill’s word of the day, apart from amazing, was “gorgeous.” I lost count of the number of times she said it. Still, it was a good way to make sure that I changed channels,

Not sure what I did wrong but I posted 3 separate replies to 3 different people and they’ve been edited into one long passage/message by Sazza?
Hope people can still see I was replying to them... and apologies if I broke a rule! It was the early hours And I hadn’t slept for 48 hours ;)

Also noticed some major gremlins in the forum past couple of days causing other people’s messages to disappear!

(Shivers!!)

Well as long as someone likes him?! Sure he’s harmless but to me, he’s yet another one I find beyond creepy...!

Partly it’s the over-slow, exaggerated delivery but also the OTT hype he spouts. I watched the launch of the Nokia phone TSV and the way he described it was insane! I’m sure it’s a good phone and I know he has to sell it, but it just me not trust a word he said.

Thanks for describing the ensemble - sorry I missed that look!!
WasnÂ’t being mean I hope - I’m sure I heard her going on about her 50th birthday?!!

As for Jill Franks outfits: speechless!
She makes such a thing about being trendy and loving fashion and all the rest and yet she wears such dated and often odd styles... ;)

Yes I agree, Dale and Charlie are smarmy ugh.:yuck:

Latest posts

Back