Glass birds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't watch the shows but in ' just missed' it had two glass elephants on hind legs looking like they are having a boxing match?? And the stag in all its glory .. I'll pass on that ... šŸ˜‚ ...what is Gemporia thinking if at all!

Jeff had some of these on again last night - some were hideous again, but some weren't too bad.

The seahorse and dolphins actually looked like a seahorse and dolphin.

Agreed with the concern about glass giraffe ā€¦.until seeing todayā€™s offerings..

what is this?ā€¦šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚ā€¦
The entry in patient notes:
ā€Mr Peacock has seen the ophthalmologist, the eyes appear better.
having regained an improved vision he has been looking for elusive Jade Doodahs treasures he sustained a spinal injury and requires an urgent referral to orthopaedic/chiropractorā€

View attachment 25848OMG someone has just messaged the studio to say they've received their pecking peacock this morning and it's so pretty. Clearly they too need Specsavers

Has anyone noticed the size of the legs and feet on the seagull!! I can't stop laughing at the poor thing.
Has anyone noticed the size of the legs and feet on the seagull!! I can't stop laughing at the poor thing.
šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚ā€¦.
ā€œBut Grandma, Why are your legs and feet are so big ?
Better to grab and steal your pasty and chips with my dearā€

True story that, happened to my daughter šŸ˜…!
genuinely considered to buy this glass antique to use as deterrent to keep her out of my bedroom šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Jess is on flogging the dreadful glass things.Sheā€™s spouting off about how these are so expensive ā€œin the industryā€.Going on how the blue base on one looks ā€œLiterally like tanzaniteā€ and of course still selling the bizarre stags with extras.All the while saying WoW.Same as ever then.

Jess just wants to let us know that they come in a 'couture' box.

Fantastic. Deformed looking birds in a couture box. Just what everyone wants.

Good luck to each and every one of you. Well done. Absolutely!
In terms of repetition Lindsey is even worse. I watched for 30 minutes this morning and lost count of the many times she said "checkout as quickly as you can"

I have no idea why they are selling these ridiculous glass birds to me they are a monstrosity but obviously not everyone thinks the same. Each to their own.

You do find and this is the same on every channel (QVC probably being the best/worst offender depending on your view) that you could almost bring anything to air and a certain percentage of hardcore regulars would buy the product

I kind of get it, I have bought items from presenters I like and have garnered entertainment from but the product has to be competitively priced and at least something I have a minor interest in

I suppose if you have the funds and you think you are helping your favourite presenter by buying (which you are in a way) there isn't a great deal of harm for the majority of cases

I kind of get it, I have bought items from presenters I like and have garnered entertainment from but the product has to be competitively priced and at least something I have a minor interest in
This is where Gemporia just don't seem to get it.

Last week, they did a lovely Gem Auras Ocean Scene Tealight Holder with Blue Aventurine & Clear Quartz. It sold for Ā£20 and was worth every penny. It looked really nice and the quality was excellent. Really good value for money.

Then they do tacky stuff like these 'couture' cretins that look hideous and wouldn't look out of place in a tacky tourist shop window for a fiver in Blackpool next to a kiss me quick hat.

Yet these cretins cost as much as the much better Gem Auras item.

I don't think they know who their target customer base is these days. One minute they're selling high end stuff - then an hour later, they can be selling complete tat.

They refer to buyers as connoisseurs - yet they're bunging most of the stones in gold tone.

They say they don't sell brass and glass - but then they come on selling Hattie's brass brooch's and these glass cretins.

Some presenters distance themselves from all this 'healing / chakra' nonsense - then another will come on and tell us it can awaken the dead if you place it on their forehead.

They tell us they save money by cutting out the middleman - yet they pay Dave Sloth and Toby Cavill to tell us stories, which is an unnecessary wage.

They had a silver locket on Gem Collector for four days on the trot this week. Why have they got jewellery on a channel for loose gemstones?
They've had jewellery making gem strands on Gem Collector - and loose gemstones on Jewellery Maker.

Its just a complete mess - they seem to just sell a bit of everything on any of their channels now. Steve seems disinterested so I don't think he's passionate enough to sort it out any more. Each time he appears on Gems TV, it's for health related stuff rather than jewellery.

I give them 6 months.

Latest posts

Back