Gold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
A day or so ago I watched a vintage "Look at life" film about gold (remember them?).

They mentioned that gold was £42 per ounce.

Today it has reached a new record price, just over £1600 per ounce, so 38 times more!

I wonder when this will affect the price of QVC's gold items?

BTW I did invest in gold about 20 years ago and made a large profit when I sold it, but today I could have made considerably more.

A day or so ago I watched a vintage "Look at life" film about gold (remember them?).

Today it has reached a new record price, a few pence under £1600 per ounce, so 38 times more!

BTW I did invest in gold about 20 years ago and made a large profit when I sold it, but today I could have made considerably more.
That price would make 9 carat gold, as used by QVC, £600 per ounce, or about £52 per gram for pure gold (about £20 for 9ct). The last ring I bought from QVC weighed just 1 gram and was so thin it dented almost by looking at it!

Gold is now about TWICE the price of platinum! So I wouldn't be surprised if QVC starts selling a lot more platinum.

Last edited:
That price would make 9 carat gold, as used by QVC, £600 per ounce, or about £52 per gram for pure gold (about £20 for 9ct). The last ring I bought from QVC weighed just 1 gram and was so thin it dented almost by looking at it!

Gold is now about TWICE the price of platinum! So I wouldn't be surprised if QVC starts selling a lot more platinum.
No QVC will sell brass plated with gold, silver or platinum at near to solid gold silver or platinum prices.

Today it has reached a new record price, just over £1600 per ounce, so 38 times more!

I love 'Look at Life' but haven't seen that one.

Yes, QVC do very, very little gold these days compared to years back. Now it will be silver if you are lucky, and even then they do not do the bracelets etc they used to do, only Diamonique stuff. The only gold I see is in the expensive gems stuff at ££££s for a ring.

Gemporia, do gold, but it got lighter and lighter in weight, and now they charge for silver what they used to charge for gold.

Oh, and most of the gold used in jewellery since the 80s will be from the Brinks Matt robbery. :p

Screenshot (1928).png

I sold the majority of my diamonique jewellery, mainly rings, to a local jeweller, because I no longer wear it. I also included a couple of gold rings, from Bid TV 😳, and a broken gold chain. I took it to him in an envelope. He obviously wasn’t interested in the diamonique stones but gave me over £700 for the silver and gold, so silver clearly had a good sale price at that time.

Latest posts

Back