Gorgeous garnets & stuff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lovely pics there. I have just bid on those garnet earrings, so I am glad that you like them and they look fab in your pics, just hope I win them now lol

thanks for your kind comments. I'd never really been a red garnet fan before I started collecting loose stones and found some smashing examples, and certainly not for wearing due to my high colouring. Then RTV came along and I changed my mind cos much of their stuff is to my taste, but for me it's definitely a winter gem as I wear dark colours then.

And yes, that pendant would look lush with black velvet. nice idea for Xmas. thanks girls!

Oh well, there's no fool like an old fool - now I'm skint and hiding from the bailiffs, I shall look fabulous while on the run darlings! :rolleyes::D

Just need to change my nail varnish back to the deep plum I had on last week....

Your story made me smile Jantac. We were doomed eh? Having a jewelleryacholic mother, who loved her Victorian-style clusters in all sorts of gems and adored diamond drama, plus a father who worked at the Imperial College School of Mines and brought home huge geodes of amethyst & citrine and wonderful crystal formations for me to ogle, I didn't stand a chance! It's worse than being in the blood - it's in the genes and DNA formation lol

Last edited:
oooh well done PAL and Dolly. hope you love them.

glad the piccies were of some help. as with all gems, you need to see them IRL to "feel" their essence.

I've not been on Rocks tonight as I've been listing some bits on ebay. Am Baroness Hard Up now!

I love the colour of those garnets Sammi - all too often they're a bit brown for me but yours look a lovely shade of red. Of course I would only expect you to buy the right thing - and you have :)

:howsmilie: Sammi. Love your garnet earrings and pendant Sammi. I have the Snowflake earrings with the garnet stones and they are a gorgeous bright ruby red - definitely worth adding to your collection of Snowflakes! :yeah:

Sammi......all lovely stuff you have there,Rocks garnet is gorgeous isn't it.
I always thought of it to be a browny colour rather than a lovely red,took a chance very early on with a garnet solitaire in silver and was blown away with how stunning it was,deep red,flashes of bright red,not murky brown red at all.....that was me duly converted!!:D

Have since added another ring,pendant and rhodolite to my collection......I also won the earrings(flower cluster) last night...get 'em tomorrow and now I cannot wait....your lovely piccy made me decide,so thank you:)

your garnets look really nice and your earrings and pendant set.
I sent for the round garnet pendant but when it arrived it was so deep in colour that it was almost black i couldnt seem to get much red from it so it went back
yours looks much better in your pic's so i might try again as they may vary a bit from piece to piece ,looks like a good haul you have there Sammi

aww that's a shame about the pendant Milly. yes I agree it's dark, but I get purple tones from mine as well as the deep deep red, so was happy to keep it. It looks very regal and almost like something Henry VIII would wear in the current TV series!

better luck with the next garnet item you buy.

Sweetpea, hope you love the earrings hun. of course, being earrings, everyone else will get the benefit of the glow from the gemstones when we wear them! Must admit I loved one of the garnet solitaires I saw early on. I looked at the amethyst version but it wasnt for me. The garnet knocked socks off the amethyst, but sadly the ring belongs to someone else and I've never seen it since so presume it sold out quickly!!

Sammi,

Got the earrings this morning and I love 'em!
The garnet is as lovely as my other pieces and they sit nicely in me ears,not too heavy but yet substantial.

Here is a piccy of my garnet solitaire

attachment.php

I don't know if this is what you are looking for,it's a 2carat stone and there were 200 made so I would be surprised if they had all been sold....the item code is VC253 if you want to put in a request.:)

GOLLY GOSH!!!!!!

That came up BIG!!!!!!!:D

Last edited:
Received the garnet earrings today Sammi, and they are really pretty and sparkly! I love them, even though they are silver (not my metal).
I drifted off to fantasy land this afternoon (during a very dull meeting, in which I was supposed to be taking the minutes) and was imagining all sorts of combinations of gems and metals that would look nice in this style - iolite would be especially nice I think, like little cornflowers... I would love it if they would do this style in yellow or rose gold too. I would be bidding on a pair in every gemstone if they did!

Pick-a-Lily;58949}was imagining all sorts of combinations of gems and metals that would look nice in this style - iolite would be especially nice I think said:
I got the citrine version today - they're really lovely, just like little flowers and they hang nicely in the ear.

Do you know Lily, I was thinking about different colours today as well - I think you're on to a winner with iolite, that would be beautiful.

Even better, tanzanite in yellow gold........... yummy

Glad you like the earrings girls. iolite would be gorgeous in that design. ditto tanzy. crikey we could spend hours listing possible gems lol.

Jantac that ring is wonderful hun. would LOVE that piece :D have fallen big time for garnet - it comes in beautiful shades, is sparkly (esp the andradite garnet) and I have some glorious pieces as loose stones. however, am smitten with the claret coloured stuff in jewellery. am looking forward to wearing my new pieces tomorrow as I shall be in black for a change.

Latest posts

Back