Great QVC Giveaway

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jackie Kabler said that apparently someone messaged her to say they’d won twice, now what are the odds on that? Possibly the same odds (or less) as a presenter telling the truth. The bits I’ve seen on QVC I’ve never once heard them, not once, explain that easy pays aren’t eligible, so I assume the wheel will say lose if you’ve bought on easy pay and think that you’ve got a chance when you spin.

Jackie Kabler said that apparently someone messaged her to say they’d won twice, now what are the odds on that? Possibly the same odds (or less) as a presenter telling the truth. The bits I’ve seen on QVC I’ve never once heard them, not once, explain that easy pays aren’t eligible, so I assume the wheel will say lose if you’ve bought on easy pay and think that you’ve got a chance when you spin.
Easy pay items are eligible according to the comp. rules

Terms and conditions for The Great QVC Giveaway​

• Opens 09:00 on 4th January 2021, closes 23:59 on 24th January 2021. Open to GB customers 18+ only.
  • Excludes customers in Northern Ireland. Internet access required.
  • Purchase necessary. One entry per order. Excludes Advanced Orders and orders for items on Waitlist. Auto Delivery and Easy Pay orders qualify if the initial order is placed within the Main Prize Promotion Period.
  • Maximum three entries per billing address per day. To enter, visit qvcwin.com and input valid order number, billing address door number and postcode.
  • Main Prize Promotion Period: 1,000 prizes randomly allocated via winning moments between 09:00 4th January 2021 and 23:59 24th January 2021.
  • Prize pool includes 100 x £50 QVC credits and 300 x £10 QVC credits.
  • Grand Prize Draw: One winner randomly selected on 27th January 2021 from all valid entries received during Main Prize Promotion wins £10,000 cash prize. All prizes will be won.
  • Entries linked to orders cancelled before the Main Prize Promotion Period Closing Date will be automatically invalidated.
  • This does not affect your statutory rights.
  • To enter, for full prize details and Ts&Cs, go to qvcwin.com.
  • Promoter: QVC Building 8, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5XU.

I don’t know the rules regarding this type of competition but do they have to publish a list of winners? Or is that a step to far for Q.
You can ask for a list of winners (surnames and area) after the competition is done and dusted. But, winners can write to opt out of being included on the list.

I've looked at the probability of this. Oh dear me. As a few things are unknown it is difficult but very basically....

1000 prizes over 21 days is 47.something. Let's call that 50 for easy workings.

So how many orders per day? I haven't got a chuffing clue and no way of finding out. So for a guess let's say there are 2,000 (???) orders per hour. Is that reasonable? I know there are greater sales on a weekend. When they offer a TSV early does that count for the day you ordered or the day of the TSV. For this and this alone I'm taking it as an order for the day it was made.

So the chance of winning starts at 48,000 orders to get 50 prizes. The next prize will be something to 49, then something else to 48. And do on.

I've decided probability is no longer my strongest area of Maths.

Bum phone timed out and I've lost my answer.

Long answer very short...

The probability of winning is tiny.

I give up. I'm trying to watch Downing St briefing and do this, plus drinking a lovely coffee which is the best bit of all.

well said Penn, my thoughts too. It also tells me that qvc are not getting huge orders, so this has been invented by them to encourage people to order something, because you need an order number to enter.

I fear we on here are not gullible, like many who will do this.

We don't know if the prizes are all released day 1 or a few dribbled out daily.

I'd imagine they'd put a few juicy prizes out at the start to tempt people then keep a few to keep the interest.

I have heard Charlie mutter something about winning a Kipling bag during beta testing and a rider that Q staff of course can't enter, which considering Qs history made me laugh and throw an invisible brick at the telly. And think "won't stop some people'.

I've got a brain worm going on with this now. I want to know the workings of how they are doing stuff. I'm very nosey as yo how things work and how people solve stuff. Once I know, I move on to the next. I've low stickability and the concentration of a low functioning goldfish most days. But my mind is twirling this one over. Doesn't help I've seen a similar post on FB.

I still fancy having a look at their algorithm. Hmmm how can I do that?

We don't know if the prizes are all released day 1 or a few dribbled out daily.

I'd imagine they'd put a few juicy prizes out at the start to tempt people then keep a few to keep the interest.

I have heard Charlie mutter something about winning a Kipling bag during beta testing and a rider that Q staff of course can't enter, which considering Qs history made me laugh and throw an invisible brick at the telly. And think "won't stop some people'.

I've got a brain worm going on with this now. I want to know the workings of how they are doing stuff. I'm very nosey as yo how things work and how people solve stuff. Once I know, I move on to the next. I've low stickability and the concentration of a low functioning goldfish most days. But my mind is twirling this one over. Doesn't help I've seen a similar post on FB.

I still fancy having a look at their algorithm. Hmmm how can I do that?

Attachments

• 376D7C7B-A3A0-4D8F-BF16-4F901639792D.jpeg
    376D7C7B-A3A0-4D8F-BF16-4F901639792D.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 104
  • F340F4F1-0B68-4025-8BE5-5373AC1AE3C3.jpeg
    F340F4F1-0B68-4025-8BE5-5373AC1AE3C3.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 171
I've looked at the probability of this. Oh dear me. As a few things are unknown it is difficult but very basically....

1000 prizes over 21 days is 47.something. Let's call that 50 for easy workings.

So how many orders per day? I haven't got a chuffing clue and no way of finding out. So for a guess let's say there are 2,000 (???) orders per hour. Is that reasonable? I know there are greater sales on a weekend. When they offer a TSV early does that count for the day you ordered or the day of the TSV. For this and this alone I'm taking it as an order for the day it was made.

So the chance of winning starts at 48,000 orders to get 50 prizes. The next prize will be something to 49, then something else to 48. And do on.

I've decided probability is no longer my strongest area of Maths.

Bum phone timed out and I've lost my answer.

Long answer very short...

The probability of winning is tiny.

I give up. I'm trying to watch Downing St briefing and do this, plus drinking a lovely coffee which is the best bit of all.
I only saw one Downing St. briefing, I got so incensed I had severe indigestion & that was that.

I have a feeling that they must also offer a way to enter the draw absolutely free, to have to make a purchase to qualify to enter classes it as a lottery for which they need a licence.

I could well be wrong or it could be buried in the T&Cs which I can't be bothered to read.

Latest posts

Back