Greenhouse where is the best place to put one?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
Hi
I am looking to get a small greenhouse /pollytunnel.
I have quite a large garden and have seen a pop up greenhouse in B&Q which is not to bad a size,
But I need to know where the best place to put it so that I can get th most use out of it.
I have also come to realise that leaving your garden for 2 years with little or no work done on it is NOT a good idea.

Generally, greenhouses go in the sunniest spot available, to make the best use of the light.
:sun::sun::sun:

Position it away from overhanging trees, so it doesn't get a dropped-leaf onslaught in autumn, and near a tap so that you're not lugging water across too great a distance.

In practice, none of this matters unless you have a garden the size of Longleat - you always end up with a greenhouse in what you hope might be the best spot. :blush:

A couple of other things you might like to consider:

Shading and ventilation for for hot summer days. [You never know, we might get some.]
and;
Perhaps partitioning off a section to keep heated in the winter, which really increases the number of things you can grow.

I haven't seen the B&Q pop up greenhouses so don't know if either of these are possible, but thought I'd throw them in as suggestions.

Don't worry too much about leaving the garden alone for two years. I've done up six completely derelict gardens over the years [alongside the largely derelict houses I'd just bought, sigh ...] and it's amazing how quickly you can knock them back into shape.

Happy growing!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back