greg scott aka greggles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He is sounding more and more bitter too on Twitter taking swipes at other presenters and acting like the world owes him a favour and it his right to have a prime time BBC show. He has had a career in TV a lot of people would consider successful and would have loved the chances he has but maybe he should think about the number of pilots he has done with zero commissioned it might just be because he isn't that good. Also swearing a lot on Twitter which never impresses me.

Maybe he needs the money as his wife has a new handbag and needs some more raw plugs and balaclavas to put in them [/retro gag]

PJ

Lol his wife is a lovely lady to be fair he always believed he was bigger than the job he did it is his downfall he is a great guy when you talk to him it's his ego that let's him down.

I'd like to see him back on Sit Up. But I guess he isn't to everyone's taste.

No wonder he's friends with Mark Ryes!! Both love to take pot shots at unsuspecting successful Celebritys.

Why did he leave? I liked him

All I know is that he was shunted to a graveyard (Speed Auction) before disappearing altogether. My guess is that he was being too entertaining as opposed to actually selling products.

As for Greg Scott having an ego, well I suspect that 90%+ of TV presenters have such an ego and it seems to be a prerequisite nowadays for television work unless you're well-established with a particular speciality (eg. Prof Brian Cox); it seems to be the case that you have to promote yourself at every opportunity nowadays to get noticed in the industry, so to speak. The key of course is using such an ego to impress whilst keeping its excesses under control (Greggles appears to be learning this the hard way), but (for example) TV executives would be less interested in making programmes with Gordon Ramsay if he was a really polite chef who never ever swore :smile:

Anyway, Greg's the only shopping TV presenter I bother to follow on Twitter and compared to some other people he's relatively restrained in his criticism of other presenters unless they really deserve such treatment (they sometimes do, you know). I've just checked his timeline and there's nothing that particularly stands out recently; he's certainly not Jeremy Clarkson :wink:

The bottom line seems to be you either like him or you don't, but he geninuely seems to have the potential to work in "grown up telly" as long as the format is right and there's an opportunity for him to shine. Much easier said than done!

Latest posts

Back