Grip to me hangers - Do they work?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sillysausage

Registered Shopper
My wardrobe is a complete mess, so I was intrigued by the presentation of the 'Grip to me hangers'. They just sound too good to be true though (always a worrying thing) and the reviews on the QVC web site are mixed.

I could of course just get them, try them and send them back if I don't like them, but the P&P is £7 and that's without considering how much it would cost for me to send the hangers back, so it seems a lot of money to spend just to try out the products. Does any of you use these? TIA:wave2:

Well they work for me - I got a set of pink ones...but not from QVC -ebay. Cheaper!:angel:

I like them. They do help streamline your wardrobe space and do grip clothes.

I've had some from both QVC and Ideal World and ebay.

Some of mine have broken (not many), the metal hanger bit snapped off but that has occurred with the different sets bought from different places so not one particular brand affected. I am pleased with them.

I have some pink ones, can't remember where I got them from, most likely Amazon. None have broken, streamline my wardrobe, blouses definately don't slip off the hangers. I'd love more.

Ish.

They are great from a space saving pov, but strappy and satiny tops still slide off mine. If you notice in the demos they always shake the hanger in a particular (and strange!) way but real life can knock some things off.

Having said that, I have got rid of all my other hangers :D except for a handful of chunky wooden ones for hubby's suit jackets.

Several of the metal hooks have come off (from turning them or too much weight I think.) I hung some things on the line to dry on hangers and the - admittedly quite fierce - wind broke some of them.

Last week I sorted out my wardrobe cos it just wasn't working for me. I have work clothes, gym clothes, night out clothes and godawful housework and slobbing around "scruffies". There's got to be something a bit wrong with a wardrobe that contains more spangly dresses than casual outfits!

Now that Hubby is working again I'm going part time at work (a four day week instead of five - yay!) so I need more casual clothes.

I decided that even the clothes I just wear round the house should be at least halfway decent! :rolleyes: and got rid of everything that was a bit sad and faded. slightly stained, :blush: had a small hole :eek: or that I didn't really like and never blummen wore - but kept because I hate waste! :eek::D

And bought some Kim Parrish tops... :devil::sun:

Anyway, what I meant to say rather than give you my whole life story :p is that now I have more room in my wardrobe I have decided that the Grip To Me type hangers lacks something in the "swish from side to side" department. They kind of get stuck and don't swish smoothly like the wooden ones do.

Oh Dear, I've just seen the length of this! Chatty this morning aren't I? :D :eek:

Last edited:
lol at love a'kin
we all have wardrobes like that love,just that we dont admit it haha!!
I have scruffy house clothes, day clothes ,going out clothes, fancy do clothes, work uniforms, cleaning clothes ,etc....hahah!!
I slob about in my pjs most mornings too
as for the hangers I would try e**y or ama**n I am sure they are cheaper on there,I have a few but have acquired them over time rather than bought them

I like them

Hi :hi:,
I got rid of all my other hangers last year and replaced them with Grip to me hangers. I really like them and they do make things easier as they take up less space. One or two have broken, but mostly they have been great.
:rock::rock::rock:

My clothes in my wardrobe were a mess too but instead of spending a fortune on these hangers i was ruthless and sorted out everything too old, ill fitting, unworn bargains, even things with sentimental value the only thing i did keep was my wedding dress, I gave stuff to charity and real bad stuff used for cleaning rags in the garage. Now i have a great wardrobe with all the best of my old hangers i feel cleansed and have done a bit for others and have not missed any of the things i gave away and its stop me thinking i will never fit in that unless i lose a stone.

I think they have Grip to Me type hangers in Tk Maxx at about £6 a bunch - haven't tried them though, so don't know if they are any good.

My clothes in my wardrobe were a mess too but instead of spending a fortune on these hangers i was ruthless and sorted out everything too old, ill fitting, unworn bargains, even things with sentimental value the only thing i did keep was my wedding dress, I gave stuff to charity and real bad stuff used for cleaning rags in the garage. Now i have a great wardrobe with all the best of my old hangers i feel cleansed and have done a bit for others and have not missed any of the things i gave away and its stop me thinking i will never fit in that unless i lose a stone.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I'm now officially intrigued by these hangers!
Les Fritos my problem is that I have done exactly the same as you and gave away three huge bags of clothes that either no longer fit or that I no longer wore and my wardrobe is still a nightmare!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I obviously need help!:sad:

Sillysausage - I have also been looking at the Grip to Me hangers lately & it would seem that some of the sets don't have the added on bit for hanging other thingies/hangers on & it was those non-cascading ones I thought I might try?
I did notice with the cascading ones that several of the comments said that with the sticky on bit protruding out, they took up just as much room as normal hangers, so decided to try & get those without! :flower:

OH loves these hangers !, none of his XL t shirts fall off the hanger, even the silky climacool ones !, which used to always be on the wardrobe floor.
We got ours from TKMaxx they where so much cheaper and no P&P, we have light pink,black,fushia pink and they are single and double (the ones you can hang trousers on).
One problem I do have is when I iron his shirts they are more difficult to put them on the hanger, they grip too much LOL !.

Scampdog - can you hang skirts on the TKMaxx ones? I see the QVC ones don't have any slots or built-in hook thingies for hanging skirts on & I can't be ar$ed with stupid fiddly add-on whatsits?

OH loves these hangers !, none of his XL t shirts fall off the hanger, even the silky climacool ones !, which used to always be on the wardrobe floor.
We got ours from TKMaxx they where so much cheaper and no P&P, we have light pink,black,fushia pink and they are single and double (the ones you can hang trousers on).
One problem I do have is when I iron his shirts they are more difficult to put them on the hanger, they grip too much LOL !.

Same here.:wave2:

Scampdog - can you hang skirts on the TKMaxx ones? I see the QVC ones don't have any slots or built-in hook thingies for hanging skirts on & I can't be ar$ed with stupid fiddly add-on whatsits?

Yes you can !, on the single ones they have a slot !, they do have a few brands so just have a look at all of them !, I even found some with a much lower price ticket (than others which where the same !) and so got an even better deal !

Thanks Scampdog, I'll have a mosey on down to TKMaxx then! :up2:
Fed-up with picking DDs' (yes, apostrophe in right place, they're all equally guilty of this! lol) off the floor as they tend to just grab or tug at the nearest thing, knock all the surrounding items off as well & just leave it all lying there! *snarl*

Latest posts

Back