H by HALSTON ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
For those who have Netflix......

Tonight there is a Season called HALSTON depicting the story of American fashion designer Roy Halston Frowick - known as Halston.

Now, I can only assume that the range "H by Halston" once seen on here is an offshoot of his company. Apparently Halston died from an Aids related illness in 1988 at 57. So it makes me wonder who the BAs were talking about when they referred to "his" range, as he was clearly dead for around 30 odd years when we saw his fashion on qvc.

I thought I read on Q Arsebook a post from Quaker’s Patrick that it was “the launch” of H by Hanlson yet I was sure they had been ( and gone?) on Q a few years ago so I didn’t know what he was waffling about unless he meant his launch.

'Inspired by the vision of iconic American fashion designer Roy Halston Frowick - whose influence is still seen on red carpets and runways around the world - H by Halston delivers a luxurious collection of contemporary pieces, ideal for creating a chic, high-end wardrobe'.

That's the description on the Q's page for this company. You can buy 13 out of the 18 that are available for a bargain - Clearance or Special Price.

For those who have Netflix......

Tonight there is a Season called HALSTON depicting the story of American fashion designer Roy Halston Frowick - known as Halston.

Now, I can only assume that the range "H by Halston" once seen on here is an offshoot of his company. Apparently Halston died from an Aids related illness in 1988 at 57. So it makes me wonder who the BAs were talking about when they referred to "his" range, as he was clearly dead for around 30 odd years when we saw his fashion on qvc.
It gets my goat when they refer to Nina Leonard as "she." Goes to show they don't do their homework.

Big double spread on Halston in today's D/Mail. Apparently one of the US top designers back in the 70's, yet I'd never heard of him. He was just another name on QVC like Bob Mackie (who was recently mentioned on Michael Douglas Kominsky Method), and all the others who have offloaded their poly/elastene cr..p on us.

Halston was quite a well known American designer back in the day.Then someone acquires the name and starts turning out stuff which is no where near the original look and quality, Frank Usher for one.

Big double spread on Halston in today's D/Mail. Apparently one of the US top designers back in the 70's, yet I'd never heard of him. He was just another name on QVC like Bob Mackie (who was recently mentioned on Michael Douglas Kominsky Method), and all the others who have offloaded their poly/elastene cr..p on us.
Halston was a very high end American brand in the 80's if I remember. Nice clothes. Very simple but beautiful cuts and fabrics

Watching the Netflix series, it seems he was taken over by a big corporate outfit and he ended up designing for JC Penney ! - maybe that's how it dumbed down even further to be H by Halston !, and it also showed how he stuck to his guns about the design of his perfume bottle.

Oh, there is a documentary about him on Amazon just called Halston. Talking to the people he worked with.

I doubt H by Halston will even match up to the JC Penny range and of course the presenters will be doing the Halston this and the Halston that pushing sales which will have nothing to do with his designs.

Latest posts

Back