H. Forman Food.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
I have often watched the food presentations, and enjoyed them.

There is no way on this earth I would pay some of these prices. £22 for two bread and butter puddings. £32 for two cheesecakes.
Similar prices for fish fingers and fish cakes.

They must be raking it in. In an expensive restaurant very possibly, mind you on principle I just would not encourage this pricing, and I am not a skinflint, or someone who is short of money!

Isn’t it funny - I don’t have a sweet tooth so absolutely begrudge paying for fancy cakes or deserts in cafes or restaurants whereas I’ll happily (well sometimes not) pay for a starter or cheese board. Don’t get me started on supplements charged for items. It used to be for steak now it is for just about everything on the menu.

We have a lovely restaurant which does a very Mastercheffy Sunday lunch for a fixed price which is reasonable for 3 courses. However when you buy a bottle of water for the driver and a glass of wine for the other (me), 2 coffees and paid for the fish (him) starter supplement the fish (him) main course supplement you have doubled the price.
I still hope it reopens after this as it is the only one anywhere near which does Sunday lunch which is not a carvery as I hate them and refuse to pay the price to serve myself cold dried up food.

I like the sound of their smoked salmon, but it’s too expensive especially as I’m quite happy with the stuff you get from a supermarket. He might say it’s inferior to his, and it possibly is, but I enjoy the much cheaper salmon, as does my bank account.

Sainsbury's sometimes sell the Foremans smoked salmon its very very nice but I just stick to the basic smoked salmon

I purchased a side of their Salmon from QVC for Hubby Christmas 2018, it was absolutely gorgeous, it has increased in price since. Have had some in Ocado flash sales occasionally. Their smoked haddock scotch eggs are amazing.

Well living in Scotland I get access to the best salmon, and not from a supermarket. We have some very good quality fish and shellfish.

I can’t get deliveries from the likes of Ocado or Waitrose where I live, even if I wanted to.

I love Marks & Spencer's smoked salmon and it's reasonably priced. I don't feel the need to search for a better brand.

I think a lot depends on what you are using it for. On its own then you want a good one but if it’s to go in pasta or. eggs etc then I just use trimmings.

Yes possibly that. All businesses are suffering. It wouldn’t surprise me either if companies will change how they operate when (and if) life returns to normal. Another thing I am guessing that where people are able, we will see people saving each week for “a rainy day”.

At least when H. Forman are on (eg: at the moment) we’re being spared having to listen to/watch Andi Peters as well.

I spoke too soon. Although it was advertised as an H. Forman hour, AP is now on with Dale waffling on about meringue bars, so I’ve changed channels.

Latest posts

Back