Hail diopside full of grace...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sammi

Westcountry wench!
I'm going to get an earbashing from my friends but I had the devil in me yesterday. :54: Thought I'd dip my toe in the water and try out Rocks & Co to get a piece which caught my eye a week or two ago. Just as well I did cos it ain't on the website anymore! :54:

Debut item:
Russian diopside 0.44ct for just under £45. It's a vivid crisp green, majorly sparkly and full of life. Am very pleased with it. As I've got to upsize it, it will cost me £5.95 plus £7.00 extra to upsize to an S so will sort that down the line.

diopside1.jpg

diopside2.jpg

The good news is it only took 24 hours to arrive and thankfully it was in stock. The bad news is that:

1. I ordered on the website but found that when I changed my delivery details to work address, the system also changed my billing address to work address as well. Nothing I tried sorted it - editing only allowed me to add addresses, not change the wrong one - so I went ahead and completed the transaction.

2. I phoned Rocks & Co immediately to tell them what happened. They said nothing they could do as it was completed, but they confirmed my item would go to my work address if the card went thru ok. We got cut off but they phoned me back and went on to change my details on the system for future orders.

3. The parcel arrived today. Great! But the bad news was that it was sent to me at home! Actually delivered to a neighbour so atleast I didn't have to faff with redelivery...

4. Talking of earbashings, I've just had one from Mizgit cos I forgot I wasnt wearing earphones while listening to Kerrang - loudly!! :11::52::54:

Last edited:
It's absolutely beautiful Sammi.What a gorgeous colour.:1:
From your tale it's obvious they have a few system glitches they need to sort out but it does sound as though their customer services is promising.:1:

What a lovely ring Sammi, I love the simplicity of it - just my cup of tea! I've tried to order from them, but they are having lots of glitzches at the moment and it's all getting a bit messed up. The call centre staff are very friendly and polite, but are obviously not familar with the systems yet. I've sent a PM to ARA because I thought he/she(?) might like to know about these problems.

SAMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (wheres the norty smiley?)

I absolutely have fallen in love with that ring, I seriously have and want it :D

thanks for the comps. I love simple solitaires like that and have my eye on another item in similar design. Oh dear...

I had a conversation with their CS this morning and again they phoned me back later with an update. Evidently the gremlins are at work - having checked with dispatch dept and the other CS person I dealt with previously, they can't figure out what happened to my details lol.

Oh well fingers crossed it isnt a problem across the board for them or they will be fielding alot of calls!

And yes their CS dept is certainly very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

I could have done without Mizgit wondering what I'd gone to my neighbours to collect and what had I been buying......yada yada....he's still in the dark as I neatly sidestepped his question lol

That's a lovely ring, Sammi. I have a Russian Diopside from QVC (3x emerald cuts) but am thinking that I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed one like yours too!

thanks for the comps. I love simple solitaires like that and have my eye on another item in similar design. Oh dear...

Do tell.........

I could have done without Mizgit wondering what I'd gone to my neighbours to collect and what had I been buying......yada yada....he's still in the dark as I neatly sidestepped his question lol

I know what you mean - if there's a delivery when my OH isn't around, then he doesn't necessarily get to know about it, so that he's under the impression that there are fewer deliveries than there are. Then, out of those that he does see, it's amazing how often they are presents (well yes, to me, but they're still presents, aren't they?), or I'm taking delivery for Indigoblue for some peculiar reason, so that the number of orders that appear to be actually for me, buying something for myself outright, is teeny :D Mind you, I really haven't had many deliveries recently, so it's not half as much fun :(

gorgeous sammi! i love that shade of green, i know its tantamount to blasphemy but i do prefer diopside green to emerald and the design of your ring just makes the colour shine thru

Do tell.........

Not until I've secured it lol - don't want you getting yr sticky mitts on it hahaha :54::54::54:

BN - I know just what ya mean hun. I've never really got into emeralds but may do in future.

I set the diopside beside some of my others to see what it would stack with apart from white diamonds - my dark green diamonds were not too bad, my mid green diamonds were too yellow and clashed with it, but interestingly my teal blue diamond ring (5 stones) flashed enough crisp green to go very well with it. I was quite surprised.

Sammi that's a beautiful colour! So often green gems get 'lost' in yellow gold but that more than holds it's own!

I love it and I'm not fond of green gems usually :heart:

So how many solitaires is that now? ;) :scarper:

I'll show it to you next month Madwoman :D

Lynda, I don't have that many hun - only a white one, a blue one, a black one, a green one, a lilac one, a purple one and a mystic one which turned up as a surprise package one day last year! I sold my violet one last year and have regretted it ever since :11:

I'll show it to you next month Madwoman :D

Lynda, I don't have that many hun - only a white one, a blue one, a black one, a green one, a lilac one, a purple one and a mystic one which turned up as a surprise package one day last year! I sold my violet one last year and have regretted it ever since :11:

Don't worry about the violet one Sammi it's well loved. x:snog

Latest posts

Back