Handmade in UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
I hate cardigans and fleeces so when the weather is cold I tend to use wraps. stoles, shawls or whatever you call them when sitting watching Tv. I have lots of them in various shapes, sizes and colours but recently found an Ebay seller who handmakes them on a 100 year old loom in Huddersfield. They`re kind of rustic looking, all made from wool and she sells them on a bid not a set price and so ridiculously cheap for the work which must go into them. I paid £9.99 for mine plus £3 p and p. Anyway here`s a few photos from her ebay and her feedback is 100% and says her items are beautifully made. Can`t wait for mine to arrive and will feedback asap.
wrap.jpg
wrap2.jpg
wrap3.jpg
wrap4.jpg

I hate cardigans and fleeces so when the weather is cold I tend to use wraps. stoles, shawls or whatever you call them when sitting watching Tv. I have lots of them in various shapes, sizes and colours but recently found an Ebay seller who handmakes them on a 100 year old loom in Huddersfield. They`re kind of rustic looking, all made from wool and she sells them on a bid not a set price and so ridiculously cheap for the work which must go into them. I paid £9.99 for mine plus £3 p and p. Anyway here`s a few photos from her ebay and her feedback is 100% and says her items are beautifully made. Can`t wait for mine to arrive and will feedback asap.
View attachment 22127View attachment 22128View attachment 22129View attachment 22130
These look wonderful!

View attachment 22127View attachment 22128View attachment 22129View attachment 22130
Thank you, these do look wonderful & I've put in my bid for one.

I was so proud of myself for figuring out and finding the seller without any help! ;)
Didn’t think to ask for seller ID!

(I am a bit of an eBay pro and often asked to find and buy specific items for other people.
Started many many years ago out of “necessity” being housebound but still loving shopping!)

My shawl/wrap arrived today. It is well worth the £9.99 I paid for it, ideal size and has that lovely real wool aroma to it. This is the one I bought.
View attachment 22163

So pleased you’re happy with your purchase :)

From looking at her various items, they all look quite different in texture etc, but I was wondering if they’re terribly itchy? (know wool can vary wildly!)

I wanted to buy another wrap as part of a Christmas present but they`ve all gone so I contacted the ebay seller and he`ll be listing more soon. He also said he`s hoping to start weaving with angora and cashmere and also opening an etsy store. Interesting man who has over 30 years experience as a weaver and his usual job is working in a mill weaving samples for high end cloth merchants but the pandemic has meant a severe shortage of work for him so he`s branched out to making smaller items on his own loom and selling them on ebay. I`ll keep everyone posted if/when he begins listing on etsy or other items on ebay and when he branches out making items from angora and cashmere. We`ll be with him at the start and get first dibs on what I suspect could be some interesting items.

I wanted to buy another wrap as part of a Christmas present but they`ve all gone so I contacted the ebay seller and he`ll be listing more soon. He also said he`s hoping to start weaving with angora and cashmere and also opening an etsy store. Interesting man who has over 30 years experience as a weaver and his usual job is working in a mill weaving samples for high end cloth merchants but the pandemic has meant a severe shortage of work for him so he`s branched out to making smaller items on his own loom and selling them on ebay. I`ll keep everyone posted if/when he begins listing on etsy or other items on ebay and when he branches out making items from angora and cashmere. We`ll be with him at the start and get first dibs on what I suspect could be some interesting items.
Thank you 💐 They certainly did sell quickly & I think he'll do really well on both sites.

Your shawl looks wonderful. I'm selling on eBay for many years by working at home but still love shopping.