Harry Slatkin Home Fragrance TSV 25/09/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have cancelled my second order as the idea of having stuff for the present drawer was great, It's not worth having to be careful with my money for 3 months. Had it just been a case of saying they'll automatically take the money on a set date from my registered card - fine but I can't have it pending and affecting my bank balance for three months. I hope they're as fast to put the payment back onto my account as they were to "take it" Just checked my bank and two payments of £41 are still pending. I've got a feeling this is going to be complicated!
I have emailed customer care now and asked them how a refund on a pending transaction works..hope I don't have to wait 3 bliddy months for it, as it would defeat the purpose of cancelling!

When they reserve the money with Visa, and you then cancel, it takes a week to drop back in to your account so I feel QVC don’t cancel straight away because when I’ve cancelled with IW or Amazon its back in my account within a couple of days, but like I say with QVC it’s a week.

I find it odd they’ve reserved money for an Advanced Order, I’d double check because that never happens, it’s always when the item is in ready to ship that they’ll reserve the funds, so maybe ring and check they didn’t have you down for two single drops.

When they reserve the money with Visa, and you then cancel, it takes a week to drop back in to your account so I feel QVC don’t cancel straight away because when I’ve cancelled with IW or Amazon its back in my account within a couple of days, but like I say with QVC it’s a week.

I find it odd they’ve reserved money for an Advanced Order, I’d double check because that never happens, it’s always when the item is in ready to ship that they’ll reserve the funds, so maybe ring and check they didn’t have you down for two single drops.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure they didn't have me down for two single drops because the item numbers were different. I've emailed Q and I've been acknowledged but they've said a full reply will come in the next 72 hours. If it's a week I've got to wait, I can cope with that, just so long as I know I'll definitely get it and my bank account won't be compromised for too long. I had a feeling this was going to happen as soon as I'd pressed confirm on my second order, but by then of course it was too late. I'd love to have the next set but not if they're gonna "hold the money" for the time in between, making it unavailable to me to spend as I wish. If this is what they do, then what's the point?, they may as well take the money up front. I'm sure when I've bought stuff on waitlist in the past the money's not registered on my bank account until the goods are back in and are on their way. I am pretty miffed about this 'cause I really would've liked the follow up set..but hey ho!

Don’t understand these candles seem wrongly positioned when it appears Q are selling Christmas gifts these are springtime summer candles surely
The auto delivery similar version too plus due on auto delivery right before Christmas so with delivery dispatch dates at that time when will these be received
Are these items cancelled stock from a TSV / order that was due another time or in the States
:unsure: :rolleyes:

I phoned them and discovered it was because I placed the two orders separately that this was the reason that two payments are showing as pending in my bank account. I've been assured that the money for the cancelled order should be paid back into my bank within 7-10 days and that when the new stock comes in they'll honour the tsv price for me, and have put a note onto my account...so I might just order then, but won't breathe a sigh of relief until I see that money back on my account. At least now, when I get the original set I'll know whether I like them enough to place a subsequent order.

I am so tempted with the tsv and several of the other sets but I have so many candles, tea lights and votives - plus although the faceted jars are attractive I can't think of what I could use them for. Must say it's the longest I have watched a show - Will and Harry are quite soothing! I also wonder if Candycane has seen the candycane candle pedestal 🤔😁

they doo look lovely just had to stop myself but it was hard
You are stronger than me! I turned TV on just after 6 and it was still on QVC channel. They were showing the jars with the lids and they looked gorgeous- that together with the fragrances seem to be all of the type like. I made a snap decision as DF was presenting so couldn't watch for long. 😁

I am so tempted with the tsv and several of the other sets but I have so many candles, tea lights and votives - plus although the faceted jars are attractive I can't think of what I could use them for. Must say it's the longest I have watched a show - Will and Harry are quite soothing! I also wonder if Candycane has seen the candycane candle pedestal 🤔😁
I did but Eric's Mum told me off for even thinking of buying it so I'm not getting it :LOL::rolleyes: I would have thought that the TSV would be a Christmas scent and there's a couple on the website. Would probably have bought if it was.

CC

I did but Eric's Mum told me off for even thinking of buying it so I'm not getting it :LOL::rolleyes: I would have thought that the TSV would be a Christmas scent and there's a couple on the website. Would probably have bought if it was.

CC
Another strong woman! The little canes were so cute poking out from the Garland 😲 My candles were delivered this afternoon and I am thrilled - my neighbour had a Hermes delivery at the same time and wanted to see them - when I opened the box we both let out a little gasp, they are so so pretty. I know the description stated the size but they are bigger than expected. Plus I was worried about the one containing almond flower but although the scent was powdery it was subtle. Loved them all although not lit any as yet. Harry did say he would be back in December CC but didn't hear him mention another tsv specifically but he did say he does 3 tsvs a year- 2 in the fall and 1 in the spring so maybe ..... I am not sure it's a good thing to have discovered his range as so far I extremely impressed 👏

Well my candles have arrived and the package weighed a ton...I opened up the box and at first sight I was completely and utterly blown away by the look and the quality, and I immediately thought how giftable even just one of them could be. I put each one up to my nose and they all smell absolutely amazing. I decided to burn the mauve one first, and was initially disappointed because it took a fair old while for the scent to emerge, but it's here now and it's delicious. I'm pretty glad 'cause I wouldn't fancy having to pay the price to return them. No, I'm seriously blown away by this and will definitely be making use of the auto delivery deal they promised me. The glass containers are stunning, and I reckon you could easily pay that sort of money for empty ones. Total steal of a deal!

Oh, I’m so sorry I didn’t order these now, I could kick myself. The containers looked so pretty and would have looked great lined up in my bedroom :cautious:

Oh, I’m so sorry I didn’t order these now, I could kick myself. The containers looked so pretty and would have looked great lined up in my bedroom :cautious:
I know it's a bummer missing out on a deal, but I'd actually say they were worth it at full price. With p&p they work out at about £16 a piece, and are worth that for sure, and postage being a fiver, for once considering the sheer weight of the box doesn't seem so bad. Up to you, but I totally understand not doing it as others would've paid about £8 or £9 less

Well my candles have arrived and the package weighed a ton...I opened up the box and at first sight I was completely and utterly blown away by the look and the quality, and I immediately thought how giftable even just one of them could be. I put each one up to my nose and they all smell absolutely amazing. I decided to burn the mauve one first, and was initially disappointed because it took a fair old while for the scent to emerge, but it's here now and it's delicious. I'm pretty glad 'cause I wouldn't fancy having to pay the price to return them. No, I'm seriously blown away by this and will definitely be making use of the auto delivery deal they promised me. The glass containers are stunning, and I reckon you could easily pay that sort of money for empty ones. Total steal of a deal!
I couldn't agree more Merryone. The autodelivery wasn't available by the time I ordered but I've already made a mental note to keep an eye on Ebay in around 90 days just in case 😁

This TSV is on the website at the TSV price if anyone wants it, but it might disappear again; sorry if you miss it. I got the Xmas TSV and am very happy with it because I can light it them for quite a short period without causing a tunnel. >30 minutes is too long for me usually. Plus the throw from them unlit is perfect for me!
I would have ordered but I can't tolerate anything Tiare scented, maybe the later AD drops will go on sale next year.

This TSV is on the website at the TSV price if anyone wants it, but it might disappear again; sorry if you miss it. I got the Xmas TSV and am very happy with it because I can light it them for quite a short period without causing a tunnel. >30 minutes is too long for me usually. Plus the throw from them unlit is perfect for me!
I would have ordered but I can't tolerate anything Tiare scented, maybe the later AD drops will go on sale next year.

this is the latest auto-delivery single item number so this lot wont contrain the tiare one as it will contain

• Lotus Flower three-wick candle (396g) - in a green glass vessel. With notes of bamboo, lotus, water lily and sandalwood
  • 1 x Jasmine Rain three-wick candle (396g) - in a blue glass vessel. A blend of water lily, bergamot, sheer jasmine, freesia and gardenia
  • 1 x Vanilla Cherry Blossom three-wick candle (396g) - in a pink glass vessel. Combines cherry blossom, blackberry, blushing peach, black anise and vanilla sugar

Ta! Hopefully someone nabbed it before they settled the price

The item number 713839 has gone up to £44 now and 713434 is £39.96 plus postage. They do look better than the 70s style Yankee jars for presents.

Latest posts

Back