Harry Slatkin TSV 7/12/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I will be getting a Harry Slatkin candle just to see what the fuss is about. I read some reviews that said the candles burn down really fast maybe its because of the thickness of the glass makes you think your getting a larger candle than you are also the wax is a Parrafin soy wax so not pure soy

I will be getting a Harry Slatkin candle just to see what the fuss is about. I read some reviews that said the candles burn down really fast maybe its because of the thickness of the glass makes you think your getting a larger candle than you are also the wax is a Parrafin soy wax so not pure soy
I got the last tsv boffy and they did burn fast but those had 3 wicks - they were lovely though. I'm going to check out the tsv but after buying 2 sets of yankee(caved in again CC and bought fresh cut roses on 2nd advanced order for December) really shouldn't. On a separate topic received some yankee melts from just my look today and they are the new packaging (questionable for the environment as not sure recyclable) and they have a little scratch testing of fragrance patch which will be handy if we can ever go in stores again 😶

I have written this before. I remember when Harry Slatkin candles sold in SpaceNK, it must be 15 years ago? No fancy glass just simple jars but very expensive I think £50+ for one. The selling point was Elton John bought only his candles.

I am a bit anal over candles I have to know the burn time so many brands just do not even mention it!

I have two of this brand and very impressed with them.

I love Damesfly the throw is beyond amazing the saying on the jars are funny but seem to have pulled out of the UK now.

space nk wonderful shop and the skincare is outrageously good ...when you get sample dont ever use them everything else will go into the bin

Have you people never heard of Bath and Body works? I gave up on Yankee about 5 years ago. I was under the impression that most other people had done the same. With maybe the exception of my grandmother who still thinks Yankee are the new kids on the block. I honestly don't understand why people still spend their hard earned money with a brand that so will let you down on throw, has fewer and fewer new fragrances, terrible innovation and ugly packaging.

I find most of Yankees smell nice and have a good throw. Take NEOM candles lovely vegetable wax and a really strong throw but I find that the range is small so I get a bit bored of smelling the same candles

I have bought Armani candles in TKMaxx from the Prive range really cheap. Miller Harris candles are always there. I have even seen Yankee that I have never seen on QVC or in their own shops. Never bought as I dislike Yankee. Coffee was one I spotted actually took the lid off to sniff and it was really strong.

Have you people never heard of Bath and Body works? I gave up on Yankee about 5 years ago. I was under the impression that most other people had done the same. With maybe the exception of my grandmother who still thinks Yankee are the new kids on the block. I honestly don't understand why people still spend their hard earned money with a brand that so will let you down on throw, has fewer and fewer new fragrances, terrible innovation and ugly packaging.
Well I still like them, thanks all the same. I hadnt in fact ever looked on Bath and Body Works but the candles do look very nice. But I don’t want to spend £15 on a 25-45 hour burn time. Each to their own though.

Don't sit on the fence Mal :LOL: I still buy certain Yankee tarts as I know which ones smell strongly and which are a waste of time. I find the jar candles to be a bit tame and I melt votives in my burner to get a stronger throw of scent. I've tried Village Candles and Goose Creek and it's the same. Only certain ones pass my "nose test".

CC

Don't sit on the fence Mal :LOL: I still buy certain Yankee tarts as I know which ones smell strongly and which are a waste of time. I find the jar candles to be a bit tame and I melt votives in my burner to get a stronger throw of scent. I've tried Village Candles and Goose Creek and it's the same. Only certain ones pass my "nose test".

CC
There is also the consideration that something that smells wonderful cold can be awful when lit, or have no smell at all.

Latest posts

Back