Has anyone ever managed to repair the Julia Roberts Popcorn Gold Watch?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd forget QVC and follow the advise of those that have suggested going to a proper jeweller. They are out there.

The irony is that a cheap quartz watch will often keep better time than an expensive automatic watch like a Rolex.

true. But who cares about timekeeping when you can have a thing of beauty? I had a rolex once and sold it. I never wore it, made a profit on it and the cash went to much better use. I look in the magazines and look at the beautiful Omega ladymatic as modelled by Nicole Kidman. It is so beautiful! I will never own one of course.... but I do love watches.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I've lusted after a Chopard watch and a few years ago I bought a "copy" on holiday. It is a thing of beauty and so many people ask me about it. I think the proper one is called Happy Fish. It has a "diamond" fish and a few bubbles moving around the face. Well I'll never own a real one as they come in at about £8k but just as well really as its nigh on impossible to tell the time on the ****** thing. There's always a fish or a bubble in the wrong place!!

true. But who cares about timekeeping when you can have a thing of beauty? I had a rolex once and sold it. I never wore it, made a profit on it and the cash went to much better use. I look in the magazines and look at the beautiful Omega ladymatic as modelled by Nicole Kidman. It is so beautiful! I will never own one of course.... but I do love watches.

I do like my datejust and wear it regularly but if I want to go watchless for a few days the blasted thing winds down. I know you can get machines that keep the movement up but can't be bothered with all that. No such fuffing with a £10 quartz watch!

I own a few watches, one a really expensive watch , another which belonged to my Mother and is a windup watch, a gold watch I bought in a sale, a beaded bracelet watch, a skagen and a silver watch with a handmade bracelet on it and a bog standard Rotary watch I never take off. I never think to change watches, the Rotary one seems glued to my wrist. Yet I`ll swap earrings and pendants, change rings and generally mix and match other jewellery.
A friend of mine bought an imitation Chanel watch whilst we were on holiday, supposedly a gift for her daughter but she liked it so much she kept it and bought her daughter a handbag instead. When we got home she decided to wear the watch, pulled out the little tab behind the winder to set the battery going and then half an hour later realised the hands were moving backwards lol.

I am delighted to report that QVC Customer Services have contacted me to confirm that the Julia Roberts popcorn gold watch I purchased has a lifetime guarantee and they will therefore allow me to return the watch (which for people who haven't read the first of my posts has a broken chain) and will make a refund. Thank you QVC.

I'm pleased you got it sorted. I wasn't aware it came with a lifetime guarantee. That's good to know. I've been wary about wearing mine incase it broke again. It did seem to be a problem with the popcorn link.

Excellent result but a risky strategy from Q given the precarious nature of the popcorn link!

Caretodiffer... is the Accurist watch 'special' to you? If not, could you trade it in against another watch (or ring etc) which wouldn't have the unhappy, angry memories attached? You shouldn't have to feel angry when you look at a piece of jewellery should you?

I love watches but don't ever have them fiddled with at local stores anymore... I send them away via the maker's service... Beaverbrooks are normally quite good at just acting as an agent for sending off watches for servicing or repair.... and I always have them insured for the journey.

Good luck in making your decision.

Caretolife, that is awful!!!!

I go to a small watch shop in Belfast, its called The Watch Shop. The guy is brilliant at changing batteries. Most jewellers in Belfast will not touch a watch even to change the battery if you did not buy it from them. I had a Rennie Macintosh watch, bought in a sale years ago, the shop was closing down. Always got my new batteries put in by this guy, so left it one morning and called back an hour later(he usually does it there and then but had a backlog). Arrived back to be told the battery was fine but unfortunately the watch had stopped working. He told me I need to send it back to RM for a proper repair. Trouble is the company no longer make watches as such and they could not repair it. I still have the watch in its box, yes I am sad, as it cannot be fixed.

I know it is 2 years late :mysmilie_516: but I thank you both for your replies :mysmilie_504: I must not have seen your replies earlier. I was reading another thread ( "Julia" ) and saw the link to this 2013 thread :)

Latest posts

Back