Has the cost of living crisis suddenly hit home for QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When they finally move into the latter half of the 20th century with new customer first shop money off codes of more than 9s 6d, they may finally have seen the 30 watt bulb light over how parsimonious they appear to be with their ‘fantastic’ incentives to buy. A website not connected by two tin cans and some string and items delivered and returned not using Sinclair C5s on a go slow would also be much appreciated.

No, as long as they push the easy pay, they will be safe. Read the qurio thread, the faithful. are still buying and even keeping crap.

They are like the old style catalogues, pay weekly and so many got into trouble paying even the weekly money. But they still kept buying.

I will say I never think QVC sales are that good and then the p&p on top.

No easy pays are keeping them afloat,even with the ludicrous sale prices for fashion and handbag’s shoes etc.
Lets not go their with the overpriced Christmas Trees,and Food shows.
The Qurio shopaholics buy multiple items each week,so can’t see QVC changing yet.

We have two Molton Brown shops in Belfast, one moved last year from facing the City Hall to Victoria Square, the big newest shopping centre in Belfast. Any time I pass, there are always customers in buying. The other shop in the shopping centre near me, about a 20-minute walk. It is quite small but is always busy, it was supposed to close some years back but never did. I went into the latter last week to look at the sales items, bought bath/shower gel Labdanum Dust, it is being discontinued. The 50ml EDT are being discontinued and down from £60 to £42.

QVC and MB I haven't bought since they returned. The duos and sets always have one or two I don't like, prefer to buy what I actually want. I don't use liquid hand wash and they get stuck into TSVs etc.

I haven't ordered from them in ages and it's got nothing to do with the CoLC. I spent quite a bit on BF deals from the dreaded high street and online retailers - the deals were excellent and I wasn't bothered that there was no EP option. I wasn't tempted by any of the beauty TSVs, with their filler body products in the run up to Christmas. I've just logged on to my account and my last two purchases were a MB handwash set in July and a MB bodywash set, which shipped on 01/10. Their business model hasn't changed and the market has.

I haven't ordered from them in ages and it's got nothing to do with the CoLC. I spent quite a bit on BF deals from the dreaded high street and online retailers - the deals were excellent and I wasn't bothered that there was no EP option. I wasn't tempted by any of the beauty TSVs, with their filler body products in the run up to Christmas. I've just logged on to my account and my last two purchases were a MB handwash set in July and a MB bodywash set, which shipped on 01/10. Their business model hasn't changed and the market has.

You have summed up Q's problem in one sentence and I for one 100% agree with you.

I think the extra 20% off is a good bit of marketing but when you’ve done the maths, a £60 bit of poly reduced to £40 but now £32+post is not tempting. I suspect qvc USA controls stocks and prices in other countries and they just don’t get what most people want and can afford these days. They need a complete rethink.

I think the extra 20% off is a good bit of marketing but when you’ve done the maths, a £60 bit of poly reduced to £40 but now £32+post is not tempting. I suspect qvc USA controls stocks and prices in other countries and they just don’t get what most people want and can afford these days. They need a complete rethink.
I dont buy clothes from QVC. I used to years ago but I prefer M&S who do sales all the time and have better quality labels than QVC.

When you look at US clothes retailing, the clock is ticking on new stock from the moment it enters the store. After a relatively short period unsold stock begins to be discounted until it reaches a stocking period or discount rate that justifies selling the goods onto discount retailers such as TJ/TK Maxx. US retailers get it, but Q simply refuses to accept the premise that the longer goods stick around in your stores/warehouse the less profits you will earn due to the mounting costs to keep items on the shelves and rails. Moving stuff more quickly keeps goods in prime retailing areas more desirable and rapid discounting keeps shoppers returning to keep an eye on whether what they are looking for us now discounted... and exposes them to new temptations.
Online retailing, which Q should view as their real competition imo, moves stuff even faster and rely on a high quality stock management system linked into the website to allow more accurate searches to be done.
Show me styles, colours, sizes, brands, fit that are available... and I'll continue to browse. Make it slow, clunky and wirh missing images and I won't be in the site for more than a few seconds.
These days Q doesn't even have the means to show what's in stock on the telly as they need those quality images for when the right items aren't supplied to the studio.
Q are not the only retailer who need to up their game, but they are the most old-fashioned and out of touch.... and with the likes of Klarna their original unique selling point is no longer untouchable.
Q could be doing much better. It baffles me that they are happy to wallow in a complacent mediocrity when a little more attention and modernisation would imo significantly increase their sales and profits.

I just bought this, and it is virtually 1/2 price with the 20% off with the code.

You may find it surprising that I did NOT buy it because it is a torch, I'm not even sure what I will use that for.

I bought it because OH has had a flat battery a few times as she only uses the car for a few miles a week, and this will hopefully jump-start it.

In fact, she is thinking of selling it. She's had it from new about 12 years ago, and done about 14,000 miles. She would then have to use taxis for her main shopping, but would probably be cheaper than road tax, insurance, breakdown cover etc.

Not bought anything from QVC in over 2 years.

They’ve finally woken up and smelled the coffee … There is so much competition out there .. their arrogance has left them sleep walking into problems I believe unfortunately.
Ideal world are doing one postage per order or they were the other day … and not per item 👍

Maybe their days of wine and roses are over 🤷🏻‍♀️
Tough times call for desperate measures as the saying goes

Can't remember the last time I bought clothing from Q. BUT I have bought a couple of fab jumpers from the 'old ladies' catalogue Damart !!! and Klass have a good sale on, so have bought 2 pairs of cropped trousers with pockets for £10 and £12 respectively ( and are not polyester). Prices like this knocked Kimmy and Marla into the long grass.

Latest posts

Back