Has the hairdresser....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do wonder if there will be a charge, if there is I will pay it but won't be going back I don't think . I don't think it even looks professional, the highlights don't even reach the roots where my parting is, so it looks like I have had it done a while ago and is growing out, sorry to sound off on here but I wanted to get it off my chest so to speak with like minded people 😀

Oh I have had that with highlights, when I queried it I was told that it looks more natural, if I wanted it natural I wouldn't be having the highlights put in! This was in the days when they used a cap and hook system. In the end I used to wait until she went to mix up the peroxide (?) and give my hair a good tug although I appreciate that with foils you can't do that.

Going off on a bit of a tangent here, but I had my hair cut and highlighted last week, hate to say it but my hairdresser has made a really mess of it, the cut is fine but the highlights imo are awful, have one big highlighted bit on one side and hardly any the other, really upset about it, i know there are more important things going on in the world but I was so looking forward to having it done , and now I hate it, I have called them and beeb back to explain I am not overly happy with it, going back next week to have it sorted out, do folks on here think I am being unreasonable? Just wondered, i hate complaining but really am unhappy, I am not sure what they will do, and am not convinced it will be a great deal better, but at least a more senior stylist is going to be doing it
Nip it in the bud if you can. If you get, and accept, substandard service that you have to live with for months, it is more likely to happen again. I know it is difficult with personal care services, as we often build up a personal connection with our hairdressers...but the alternative is you go elsewhere, and a good hairdresser would rather know and have the chance to correct things for you and keep you as a customer.
So there’s a model whom I’ve noticed you can clearly see where her own hair ends and some form of addition starts.

But I‘m entitled to an opinion which is, I don’t think I‘ve seen a models hair requiring so much of a restyle, but I also know this isn’t a new issue.

Not sure if you meant Sally and the quick change routine or the model in the static pictures, but I couldn't see any obvious division.
And I have to say that the jacket looks fabulous on, with princess seaming as well. I am giving myself a stern talking to, as I love all the colourways 😊

I used to work with a lady that coloured her own hair the brightest red that you could get, but it suited her. One time she decided to treat herself so went to a hair salon to make an appointment. The owner went through colour chart with her and she chose the reddest red, he said that there was no way he would let her leave his salon looking like that! Anyway, on the day of her appointment a junior coloured her hair and it was so bad that the owner had to take over. He had to strip out the colour and redo it-she was there all day 🤣 She said never again and went back to her boxed dye.

Thanks folks for your comments, my other half thinks I have a cheek complaining but I said I have been going to hairdressers all my life and never complained, albeit not the same one, and surely I should give them the chance to put it right rather than never go there again. I know I am just one customer who is not some influential blogger, and I am not going to slag them off on social media but I still think I am entitled to get it resolved one way or another, will let you know how I get on
It’s not as if it’s cheap to have your highlights done, you are right to give them the chance to put it right. I’m sure they’ll all be back up to speed soon.

Was this your normal salon albeit a different person?

Assuming it is and you have had the procedure done before then you know exactly what the end product should look like and therefore well within your right to complain and get it fixed.

There should be no charge they made the mistake and you shouldn't have to pay for them messing up.

I clippered my hair the other week, think I did it too short but hey it is hair and grows. So I can wait until the middle of May for a cut. I have coloured my own hair for years, I always remember a previous hairdresser telling me do not go more than two shades lighter or darker than your own colour via home colouring.

The girl who did it has only highlighted it once before and didn't do it too bad then, albeit it was a bit more coloured on one side than the other, the next time I went a different girl did it, she did a much better job but charged £20 more, so I imagine she is a more senior stylist but worth every penny in my opinion, sadly I booked my appointment with the wrong lady, as I i have only been going there 17 months and a lot of that period has been during the lockdowns so I think I got them confused, that will teach me! I think I will avoid highlights after this as it seems too risky and has really dried my hair out,

Nip it in the bud if you can. If you get, and accept, substandard service that you have to live with for months, it is more likely to happen again. I know it is difficult with personal care services, as we often build up a personal connection with our hairdressers...but the alternative is you go elsewhere, and a good hairdresser would rather know and have the chance to correct things for you and keep you as a customer.

Not sure if you meant Sally and the quick change routine or the model in the static pictures, but I couldn't see any obvious division.
And I have to say that the jacket looks fabulous on, with princess seaming as well. I am giving myself a stern talking to, as I love all the colourways 😊
Sally is the model who has had tatty hair ever since I’ve seen her on QVC it’s just it’s got much darker in shade, over the years.
The model whIch looks to have an added on section appears from what I can remember to have a bob and a longer section at the back coming out from underneath. I pointed it out to hubby and he could clearly see what I could.
So I’ll leave it for you to come across it for yourself she’s been on Q a while does fashion. Also caught her roots the other day they really did need a top up. 🤭😂

Going off on a bit of a tangent here, but I had my hair cut and highlighted last week, hate to say it but my hairdresser has made a really mess of it, the cut is fine but the highlights imo are awful, have one big highlighted bit on one side and hardly any the other, really upset about it, i know there are more important things going on in the world but I was so looking forward to having it done , and now I hate it, I have called them and beeb back to explain I am not overly happy with it, going back next week to have it sorted out, do folks on here think I am being unreasonable? Just wondered, i hate complaining but really am unhappy, I am not sure what they will do, and am not convinced it will be a great deal better, but at least a more senior stylist is going to be doing it
I am a sucker for balance, you are quite right to complain. Hope they fix it to your satisfaction.

Thanks folks for your comments, my other half thinks I have a cheek complaining but I said I have been going to hairdressers all my life and never complained, albeit not the same one, and surely I should give them the chance to put it right rather than never go there again. I know I am just one customer who is not some influential blogger, and I am not going to slag them off on social media but I still think I am entitled to get it resolved one way or another, will let you know how I get on
I’m pleased you have asked us on here and not just gone along with thinking you are being cheeky. It’s probably worse really that you are having to wait to have it attended to. Easy to start second thinking yourself and are you right to question what’s been done.
But what if you needed your hair done for something special, with forever photos being taken like say at a wedding or christening or holiday of a lifetime. You shouldn‘t be expected to put up with something not right then.
But then you have your hair done by a professional hairdresser to look good any day of the week.

I did read somebody said that the hairdressers are out of practice and to give them a few weeks to get back in the swing of it things.
That was my worry, my app is the 6th may and DD (who I’ve stood over when she’s had cuts in the past so hairdresser knows what I’m like 😁) is the 12th may. They should be proficient by then though I’m sure they’ve kept their hands in doing family bubbles over the year.

If you're not happy you must complain. I've been going to the same person to cut my hair for more than 15 years and a couple of times I've told her I don't like it and she's very professional and asks exactly what I don't like and then she either cuts a bit more off or she uses straighteners or adds more body. She will not let me leave until I'm happy. Now she knows me inside out and knows how fussy I am lol. She never cuts too much off at the start and then she works her way up. She's coloured it a couple of times as well and if I pick something she doesn't think will work she tells me. I won't let any other stylist touch my hair.

If you are unhappy with the work, you complain reasonably and ask them to sort it. You do not pay again - they made it a mess.

CC

I work in a store and if a customer receives poor service or are not happy with a product we would much rather be told and given the chance to make things right than the customer says nothing to us but never shops with us again.
Or even worse people who don’t speak up at the time to give a restaurant chance to put something right then go and slate it on Trip Advisor.

Just to lighten things and help L B A feel not too down, to say not everyone who has said they have had their hair done this week complains.....
🤭😳😂

Attachments

• DF3B46F7-0850-4C17-A3E2-F93526A4A0EA.jpeg
    DF3B46F7-0850-4C17-A3E2-F93526A4A0EA.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 108
I've only just caught up with these comments & I don't think you're being unreasonable in the slightest. As for other things going on in the world, there's always something happening & that fact shouldn't mean that we accept poor service or quality. I hope that when it's corrected you look wonderful.

I think that if you aren't happy you are right to say something. How many of us are guilty of when they wave the mirror around say "lovely, thank you" then pay up and give them a tip? I know I have. I have even been known to pop into a different salon on the way home and ask them to sort it out.
I did read somebody said that the hairdressers are out of practice and to give them a few weeks to get back in the swing of it things.
My appointment was on 12th April my stylist was as fantastic as ever & every client leaving the salon looked wonderful. As with the other two national house arrests I never even considered that they'd be out of practice when they opened up again but that's probably because I have great faith in them.

I really do appreciate everyone's thoughts and comments on here, in normal times I would see female friends and family and would ask them their opinion even if I knew I may not like what they said if they were honest enough, but working from home and only seeing my male partner its difficult as he is never going to say, that looks bad, although he did say I looked like Grayson Perry's wife, now whilst her hair might suit her and some think that looks good, mine doesn't, it looks like some trainee (no offence meant here) has got her hands on it unsupervised, for once I am glad I am not going out much 😅

Latest posts

Back